G(row)oing Organic in 5 words

• Thread starter Cheekiestsauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cheekiestsauce

Cheekiestsauce

So, I've been persuaded to the organic side of the force. I will be paying much more attention to my thread this time and updating more frequently. I learned a lot from my first 2 grows but I'm assuming i'm throwing that all out the window by going organic. IDK. time to learn!

For this grow I will be growing 2 GG#4 and 2 Wedding cake seeds by i49. I will be growing in my newly acquired 32"x32" tent. I have a 240W Chinese quantum board. I also have a 140W amazon light I may throw in during flower or maybe during veg who know. As far as products used i'm going with a pre-mixed super-soil based out of Ontario Canada. The name being Stepwell. I will be using the soil as well as the top dress amendments, EM1 and filtered water. Today Is technically day 2 as I put my seeds in water last night. Pics to follow. Enjoy!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

what in the world is wollastonite?
well looks like someone finally made a buy it and forget it mix with top dress,be interesting to see your outcome,i dont know you feed the em1 but remeber to be active it needs to ph about 3.5 ph
I heard of this stuff when I was a student, decades ago. My guess is that it is there for micronutrients. I never heard of it used on a crop of any kind.

Cheekiestsauce

Cheekiestsauce

Day 3:

Seeds germinated well. Well 3/4 at least. Going to keep the last slowpoke in the paper towel for a little longer since it hasn't even been a full 24 hours. the other 3 are in their designated solo cups with the soil in a clone dome. FIRE IT UP.

1605666300928.png

1605666169089.png

1605666393387.png

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I almost went with stepwell but decided on Promix while I make my own after reading mixed reviews. Stoked to get to follow along on this one though cause they are close by and I’d love to not worry about soil. I’m running out of room lol

Cheekiestsauce

Cheekiestsauce

@Hortulanus I'm super excited to try I have a friend who grows In house genetics in this soil and his weed is absolutely gorgeous. He definitely convinced me to try it lol I'm excited to see where we get.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I feel like you could grow in house genetics in a car turd and it would be fire haha

have you checked out Korean natural farming inputs? I’m working on making them but some of them take months.

Cheekiestsauce

Cheekiestsauce

No I haven't even heard of them! This is really the first thing even close to organic that i've grown. I will check them out though! Although months sounds exhausting!

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I love the idea of organic for quality of end product so I don’t mind putting some effort. I also want to make them to save some money long term.

Did you pick up the soil at their warehouse or did they ship?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I like how that veg top dress has insect frass, I don’t usually see it premixed amendments. Supposed to trigger your plants defensive response since it its from bugs.

sambapati

sambapati

what in the world is wollastonite?
well looks like someone finally made a buy it and forget it mix with top dress,be interesting to see your outcome,i dont know you feed the em1 but remeber to be active it needs to ph about 3.5 ph
Sounds like a stoner impregnated a Wallabie

Top Bottom