Gahts In Your Greenhouse

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I think GAHTS arena great way to protect your girls in the Greenhouse this winter. Not your AK-57-UZI-Radar-Laser-Triple-Barrel-Double-Scope Heat seeking shotgun. I'm talking about a more likely danger than jackers (depending on your area)...Jack Frost!

GAHTS stands for Ground to Air Heat Transfer System. It basically uses the earth to cool and heat your GH by acting as a heat sink.

A picture is worth a thousand words... here's a bunch in video form

M

MamaBear

Yep! Thought about doing it to my greenhouse and did some research on it. LOT of work to get it put in but once it's done it's very little maintenance.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Yep! Thought about doing it to my greenhouse and did some research on it. LOT of work to get it put in but once it's done it's very little maintenance.
Yeah, it would be a great idea for someone in the planning stages of building a greenhouse, but it seems like it would be too much work in an existing greenhouse

M

MamaBear

The biggest problem I had about it is that it needs to be fairly deep in the soil. A few inches won't do it, you really need to get it down below the frost line. That's a lot of digging! If you had access to a back-hoe, would go real quick. It sure would be nice to be able to grow year-round!

Top Bottom