Ganjee's Mini Grow Idea

• Thread starter Ganjee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjee

Ganjee

Hey everyone noobie grower here. I have come up with an idea for a second grow spot. Currently there is a 120v fixture that supports a rapid start fluorescent tube. Only one tube though. I dont think this would be good enough. I am thinking about wiring in a new fixture all together. What would be a good reccomendation for here. I plan to put tinfoil all around the whole area. then make some type of door system for the front of it. I am not trying to spend alot of money on this as you can see. I also have a chinese 1500W led purple grow light made by Bestva.

ill
Image0
Image1

Ganjee

Ganjee

So I went to home depot and found this insulated reflective bubble wrap for a good price. Now I am going to make some kind of door for the outside. I ran out of the reflective stuff so I will just paint the door white most likely.

New grow room
Munch517

Munch517

That reflective insulation is good stuff, that's what I used to line my rooms. Fluorescent lights in general aren't great for growing and those larger diameter bulbs are particularly bad. Your LED light there doesn't look like a great one, I imagine in that space it will give you problems because how short it is, I doubt it would adequately cover much more than half the area.

Is that a 4' light that's currently in there? If so a Mars sp250 would truly do wonders in that space, they run $260 though, not sure what your budget is. A single Fluence 44" Ray bar ($250) would probably be good for that area also, as would two of the 100-150w HLG boards. If you aren't ready to spend the money on any of those I'd probably just go with the current LED you have and upgrade later when you can/want to.

Ganjee

Ganjee

Thanks, the SP250 looks like a nice light. I will be upgrading in the future for sure. I am having troubles bringing the humidity up even when fully enclosing the space and putting a humidifier in there. Seems to not want to go passed 35. I think it is becaue the basement is around 30% and like 17C. When I run the led it heats up that area to about 27C.

quirk

quirk

So I went to home depot and found this insulated reflective bubble wrap for a good price. Now I am going to make some kind of door for the outside. I ran out of the reflective stuff so I will just paint the door white most likely.

Good looking grow area Ganjee. You don't waste any time. I use the Reflectix as well and can raise my RH as much as 18% by putting a few gallons of water in a tote, saturating a towel and letting it wick while maintaining constant air flow. Good growing.

DSCN2553 2
DSCN2997 1

Latest posts

Top Bottom