Garage Grow room

• Thread starter Sjo8515
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sjo8515

Sjo8515

Hey group, I’m new to this and looking at building a 4’X8’X8’ room inside of my DETATCHED garage. I live in a very warm climate, so I’m not even gonna try in the summer. It gets well over 100 in my garage at times..

I am planning on insulating this room pretty good, sealing all cracks as well. I will be able to vent exhaust outside with no problem. I’m assuming for intake, I can install a vent near the bottom and it will pull in air from the garage.. I guess my question is will I need a portable ac to cool off, especially when the lights are on? If so, can I have my ac pulling from the garage itself, where it will be hot? Or do I need to pull air from outside?

MrMackey

MrMackey

Is it possible for you to get a mini split ac? I would personally go down that route not sure a portable ac will cut it but I don’t have any personal experience with them to say for sure

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Better off using a wall banger AC over a portable. Or even better a mini split as suggested if you've got the coin to invest. Any AC would be better than a portable. Those just dump too much stink outside and arent very efficient.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Minisplit 4Life! And if possible invest ina good brand with high efficiency
Portable Ac are the most unefficient machine ever invented! they are just stupid!

Sjo8515

Sjo8515

So still in the planning stage and I think I’m gonna go with a sealed room and run co2. I’ll head the advice and use mini split. Now the question is if I can do this in a 4x4x8 grow room. Is it possible to run a sealed setup in such a small space?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So still in the planning stage and I think I’m gonna go with a sealed room and run co2. I’ll head the advice and use mini split. Now the question is if I can do this in a 4x4x8 grow room. Is it possible to run a sealed setup in such a small space?
4x4x6 grow space. Total dimensions 4x6x6 with the equipment side. Grow pics are Dec.1 to Jan 2

CO2 and full environmental controllers. With AC, heat, humidifier and dehumidifier.

I would say yes you can.

IMG 20191129 101250
IMG 20200102 190610
IMG 20190613 105305
Sjo8515

Sjo8515

That’s nice man. I don’t know that a window unit will work out for me as I will have the room inside of a detatched garage with 0 insulation or ac and it gets very hot, hotter than the air outside..

What’s the ideal temp range for a sealed grow room?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That’s nice man. I don’t know that a window unit will work out for me as I will have the room inside of a detatched garage with 0 insulation or ac and it gets very hot, hotter than the air outside..

What’s the ideal temp range for a sealed grow room?
Why not put an AC in the garage nd call it your lung room?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Build the room out of durafoam insulation board it's cheaper than drywall and reflective. That's built out of 2x2 and durafoam. Was like $200 that way the grow area is insulated and easy cooled by the smallest AC you can find

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

4x4x6 grow space. Total dimensions 4x6x6 with the equipment side. Grow pics are Dec.1 to Jan 2

CO2 and full environmental controllers. With AC, heat, humidifier and dehumidifier.

I would say yes you can.

Is this built in a corner of your garage?

Tacky_Fingaz

Tacky_Fingaz

I would say yes you can.
Imo you’re sucking all your cool air directly out of your room. With your exhaust filter sitting directly in front of the window unit as well as your de-H and Humidifier, you’re sucking out most of what you’re trying to put in. I am no expert but I would think it would work better if you placed the exhaust filter on the opposite side of the room and let it pull the cool air—dry or wet across. Hot air rises so at the top of the room would be best. Very nice set up tho.

Top Bottom