Garden Armor vs. Bio Green Clean

• Thread starter santacruzgardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

santacruzgardener

I have had a two week perpetual grow for the last two years now, started on the ground in pots and upgraded to 4x8 trays and reservoirs on ebb&flow for the automation. I quickly have become tired of pulling everything apart and scrubbing it with bio green. This is a huge pain in my ass, a few months ago my local hydro store introduced me to a new product they had, Garden Armor. Not wanting to over commit to a new product I bought one and used it on one of my trays. They recommend that you change these things every two weeks which seems a little overkill so I left it on for my whole 8 week cycle.
My ladies did very well a very happy harvest and then the tedious part. I'm busy trying to enjoy the "fruits" of my labor not wanting to engage the filth. The tray I used the Garden Armor on was a dream, I just replaced the liner and was ready to grow again. The other three trays and reservoirs took me about 6 hours to take apart one by one and scrub them with bio green clean in my back yard. Yet they are still stained and not very sanitary looking. Worrying about my neighbors watching what I was doing wasn't the "high"lite of my day either. After everything was said and done, in terms of the amount of effort and time it took to sanitize all the equipment the Garden Armor won hands down. One liter of Bio Green cost 25 dollars, Garden Armor was 14 for the 4x8. To use Garden Armor on all of my equipment will cost a little more, but for how simple it makes the process plus a 100% sanitary tray and reservoir every time is definately worth a little extra. My only regret was not using one on every tray I had, next time around though.

I will be posting pictures of the whole grow, including the clean up process for both products

Greyskull

Greyskull

aloha! welcome to the farm yo!
hey man I hate that feeling I get when I'm cleaning my trays & reserviors in the yard.
so those liners are pretty tight yeah?
was wondering about those liners and how they worked in an ebb n flow system... what medium are you using?

looking forward to the pics

mahalo

S

santacruzgardener

Thanks man merry christmas. Yea they definately won me over. Im using basement mix in 7 inch white pots, they wick up the water from the bottom. Kind of a best of hydro and soil.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Bio Green Clean is a waste of money , it doesn't work at all the way the say it does.

Tex

T

Tater

Instead of biogreen just use hydrogen peroxide in a bottle, it will clean, disinfect, remove stains AND break down to oxygen leaving behind no residue to harm you ladies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom