Garden...not happy anymore. What's happening?

• Thread starter BowHunterSimon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
just checked one of my mothers in promix with a laser thermometer. Ambient temperature on the bottom of the tent is 23C and root zome temp is 22C (approx. 8" deep into the container). I bet the low root zone temp is to blame or at least a contributor.

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
My 2 cents is root temp is probly fine, but air temp is a bit chilly. Plants like much higher air temps with LED, I like 27-29C.
Could be a factor as well.. I had some pretty 'cool' LED winter grows but plants were still green and healthy just not super vigorous. I agree, overall temps are not ideal. Raising the air temp would probably kill 2 birds.

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Could be a factor as well.. I had some pretty 'cool' LED winter grows but plants were still green and healthy just not super vigorous. I agree, overall temps are not ideal. Raising the air temp would probably kill 2 birds.
Likely, I would have to switch back to a 6" inline then or crank the light a bit if the plants can handle the extra light. Not much I can do there right now, but I will definitely raise the pots as soon as I can.
I had them raised before for a few weeks to see if it made a difference and it didn't.

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Raising the light ouput from 20-50% raised temps by just over 2 degree celcius... can work with this for now, or go even higher. Light meter shows 500-700 at canopy height, hope not too much for these already stunted plants lol.

btw. I don't use this meter to test my PH haha
Received 224979949793417

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

My 2 cents is root temp is probly fine, but air temp is a bit chilly. Plants like much higher air temps with LED, I like 27-29C.
Could make sense, but look at my previous plants... only noticeable difference is humidity compare to what I had throughout this grow. Temps have been running steadily the same. I am baffled.
20211003 193344

Observationist

Observationist

Raising the light ouput from 20-50% raised temps by just over 2 degree celcius... can work with this for now, or go even higher. Light meter shows 500-700 at canopy height, hope not too much for these already stunted plants lol.

btw. I don't use this meter to test my PH haha
View attachment 1202248
i was using one of these but, doesnt seem to measure COCO for PH at all....

these cheap meters......

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

I found some Styrofoam I cut into pieces to atleast get the pots of the floor for now. Ordered some of those pot risers to really make them breath better from below, but for now this might help somewhat.

Would it be a good idea to lower the light some to push that heat down more, and then lower the light intensity in that case?
20220102 095237

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Now that they are raised your heading down the right road. Remember the road to recovery can take a while so try and not get carried away while your waiting on the recovery. That meter is a joke and your best bet for a accurate reading is throwing that thing away. Those prong meters are a joke

The root zone temps are definatly a contributing factor too cold for proper aspiration. But really its not bumping up the feedings, me personally like to bump up the food every 2ed or 3ed feeding by 50-100 PPM sometime more often sometimes higher bump, depending on what the plants want.

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Now that they are raised your heading down the right road. Remember the road to recovery can take a while so try and not get carried away while your waiting on the recovery. That meter is a joke and your best bet for a accurate reading is throwing that thing away. Those prong meters are a joke

The root zone temps are definatly a contributing factor too cold for proper aspiration. But really its not bumping up the feedings, me personally like to bump up the food every 2ed or 3ed feeding by 50-100 PPM sometime more often sometimes higher bump, depending on what the plants want.
I totally agree I appreciate your input.

The prong meter is strictly for light measuring and it works ok for that, PH meter on that thing is dead inaccurate no doubts, but also works fine for moisture meter if I really want to know how the pots are drying out, tho still always go by the lift and feel method.

I think with your guy's help they might almost start to look better already. Seems like they are a bit darker inside-out now. Once root temp is up a couple degrees after raising them off the floor, things might start to improve,- with proper dosage feedings.

Received 2927890420858149
Received 468247924924513
Received 347294893495521

jguit

jguit

Supporter
If your using LEDs and is has a dimmer, you can lower the light closer to the plants to get a little bit heat from the lights. But like Gnick55 said, you dont want to bombard them with light, just make sure you can dim them properly.

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Plants appear a bit darker every day now from where new growth is suppose to be coming in.

I was able to bump up the tent temps by another 2 degrees by just adjusting air intake instead of from cooler basement floor, to about eye level where the warmer air sits.

Soil temps towards bottom of pot is 18.1° celcius, and mid to top ranges 20-22° celcius. Humidty been staying perfect.

Received 471004717873444
Received 2386363568162947

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Are the branches and stems purple/red or green? Can't zoom in to see.

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Not the best photos but they have always looked like this throughout my grows.

Received 1634622450216566
Received 1358926111207208

I know over watering causes purple stems, tho I never usually water until pots where almost dry/dry when lifting them.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

How much water do you give them when you water? Till run off? Food same amount as reg water? How often do you usally water? I have a feeling you could dial that in better, but it could just be the cold root temps slowing down aspiration.

Dye

Dye

Wow 15 years ago not many coco grows and feminized seeds were a no no to even talk about! now auto’s everywhere!

coco love it, check your water, todays water has a lot of cleaning crap in it, waters polluted worldwide!
my water in the states, smells now, My dog gets cold filtered water.
water has unnamed chemicals in it! A lot of great answers here!

Top Bottom