Garden...not happy anymore. What's happening?

• Thread starter BowHunterSimon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Not the best photos but they have always looked like this throughout my grows.

View attachment 1202850View attachment 1202851

I know over watering causes purple stems, tho I never usually water until pots where almost dry/dry when lifting them.
Cool cool. Your plants are still in veg not flower, right?
If in veg that looks like serious Mag deficiency. Known coco issue for sure and led lighting issue in general.
In veg, red stems like that are sure way to tell its Mag deficiency. Some strains do have red stems and branches, but it would look healthy if that were the case.
Up the N a little and the Mag a lot when feeding and your plants should snap out of it in a week. You are in coco so check the ph of the feeding solution before using and the run off just to make sure all is good.

Keep us updated....that's how communities are made.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Plants appear a bit darker every day now from where new growth is suppose to be coming in.

I was able to bump up the tent temps by another 2 degrees by just adjusting air intake instead of from cooler basement floor, to about eye level where the warmer air sits.

Soil temps towards bottom of pot is 18.1° celcius, and mid to top ranges 20-22° celcius. Humidty been staying perfect.

View attachment 1202797View attachment 1202798
Looking good, stick with it, going the right direction now. Key is to watch new growth now, the older leaves are definitely darkening. What ec was the last feed?

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

How much water do you give them when you water? Till run off? Food same amount as reg water? How often do you usally water? I have a feeling you could dial that in better, but it could just be the cold root temps slowing down aspiration.
All depends on pot/plant size, usually not until run off in those 3/5 gal containers for a plant that size. About a litre and a bit each. Yes food or ph adjusted water only same amount of water.

----‐-------

They are looking ALOT better already, besides me under watering them just now... back to work been busy, busy hence why I haven't showed myself here last couple days. But plants are looking healthier every day.

I grow in promix hp & sometimes sunshine #4 pro. Which is peat moss based, with perlite and added lime. No coco available where I live... or haven't seen it anywhere anyways.
Received 313972373979704
Received 1494411200959420

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Edit:

Sorry I water actually more than 1 litre for big plants, lol.

I have my plant water sitting near heat source now where water temp is a bit warmer, instead of just bare (basement) cement floor

I just watered them with 10L of water, flora series, super root, rhino skin, and some diablo thrive added. 758PPM... felt like I added ALOT of nutes... I added about 2/3 of what Flora recommends, usually I fed 1/4 of nutes, but with like 2x plain ph adj. Waterings inbetween.

I just look how big the plant is and water in a circle until drenched far down into the pot, as it grows it gets more water...

The smaller plants in the picture are soaked till run off, but they should be transplanted really.

Larger plants got about 2 litres or so, maybe a little bit more.

They already look like day and night. No more yellowing, no more spots, or what looked like mag def. In leafs. They are turning green nicely it seems, slowly starting to show new growth , they should be defoiled tho, so good time to remove some of the uglier stuff once I get some time... they look like they will turn into nice plants, but I will leave them in veg for a bit until they are all healthy, giving them some time.
Received 2175780409244811

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Edit:

Sorry I water actually more than 1 litre for big plants, lol.

I have my plant water sitting near heat source now where water temp is a bit warmer, instead of just bare (basement) cement floor

I just watered them with 10L of water, flora series, super root, rhino skin, and some diablo thrive added. 758PPM... felt like I added ALOT of nutes... I added about 2/3 of what Flora recommends, usually I fed 1/4 of nutes, but with like 2x plain ph adj. Waterings inbetween.

I just look how big the plant is and water in a circle until drenched far down into the pot, as it grows it gets more water...

The smaller plants in the picture are soaked till run off, but they should be transplanted really.

Larger plants got about 2 litres or so, maybe a little bit more.

They already look like day and night. No more yellowing, no more spots, or what looked like mag def. In leafs. They are turning green nicely it seems, slowly starting to show new growth , they should be defoiled tho, so good time to remove some of the uglier stuff once I get some time... they look like they will turn into nice plants, but I will leave them in veg for a bit until they are all healthy, giving them some time.
View attachment 1203687
that’s not the way to water plants you are suppose to soak the entire medium and let it dry out almost completely before soaking it again,.
what you are doing and you can see it is by that way of watering your roots are not growing outwards as your side branches are not stretching out, your method is creating a stunted, bushy plant..

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

They have been stunted for weeks until you guys came along and now they're actually showing some growth finally again.

I added more water until run off now, same nute mix, just more until drenched.

I think I made a mistake planting them in 5gal pots, I forgot how much water they can actually absorb 😂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They have been stunted for weeks until you guys came along and now they're actually showing some growth finally again.

I added more water until run off now, same nute mix, just more until drenched.

I think I made a mistake planting them in 5gal pots, I forgot how much water they can actually absorb 😂
ya the small ones though i mean the big ones also.
5 gallon bag of promix needs about 3/4 of a gallon water to drench properly..

mrthoopai1

mrthoopai1

New growth? It doesn't appear there is any still. I removed all yellowing leaves before i feed it full nutes, and now more leaves are turning yellow and still burning tips. The plant is still basically consuming itself from the edges of the leaves inward.

View attachment 1202147View attachment 1202148

I have read somewhere to water as if it's rain water, i believe rain water does have a ph of 5.8... if they don't improve soon, i might gradually start dropping ph again.
12-4-16 and epson salt 6.3gpg and 3.5gpg ec2.4

jguit

jguit

Supporter
that’s not the way to water plants you are suppose to soak the entire medium and let it dry out almost completely before soaking it again,.
what you are doing and you can see it is by that way of watering your roots are not growing outwards as your side branches are not stretching out, your method is creating a stunted, bushy plant..
The keyword here is 'almost'. ProMix has a nasty habit of salt buildup if you let it get too dry and isn't the easiest medium to flush in bigger containers. Dont ask how i know.😂

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Yea I should really transplant those smaller plants into larger pots, when I find the time, never really had issues with salt build up yet, maybe because I haven't fed enough 😂
But it sure seems like all the other issues compiled& nearly killed the plants, but they are starting to look alot better every day now, they are definatly tough.
I defoiled them some today as they seem to have grown already quite abit since we started nursing them back to life.

Received 1263571060820992

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Something you may want to consider is leaving them in smaller pots maybe using 3 gal instead of 5 gallon. Could make things a lot easier for you.

You've seen seen the solo cup challenge thread here, right? Amazing the plants people can grow in a solo cup.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Yea I should really transplant those smaller plants into larger pots, when I find the time, never really had issues with salt build up yet, maybe because I haven't fed enough 😂
But it sure seems like all the other issues compiled& nearly killed the plants, but they are starting to look alot better every day now, they are definatly tough.
I defoiled them some today as they seem to have grown already quite abit since we started nursing them back to life.

Quite the turnaround in less than 10 days! Nice job 😎

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Hi guys,

Plants seem to be doing fine, no change in color for the worse or any deficiencies in progress from what I can tell since last watering (Thursday) with 800ppm nutes., drenched until run off.
Pots still feel soaked tho, very heavy, might takea while until those 5 gal dry out.
Defiantly going to give a 3gal run another try, seemed like plenty for what I have done in the past, less medium/water required aswell.

Received 307884417984088

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hi guys,

Plants seem to be doing fine, no change in color for the worse or any deficiencies in progress from what I can tell since last watering (Thursday) with 800ppm nutes., drenched until run off.
Pots still feel soaked tho, very heavy, might takea while until those 5 gal dry out.
Defiantly going to give a 3gal run another try, seemed like plenty for what I have done in the past, less medium/water required aswell.

View attachment 1204461
they really look much better!!

Ph 007

Ph 007

100% your problem is to cold led need to be run hotter than hps temps of 75-77

Led you want 80-82f

to cold red woody stems and slow growth and drink slow and get Dificciancys take temps at plant tops 80-82 problem solved thank me later

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Temperature was a bit higher in the tent today as it wasn't -25 degrees celcius outside for once. Stems look a bit less purple, and I'm noticing how the plants have thrived soo much already. Actually starting to look like a healthy garden. 😜 Everyday they are starting to look better.
Today I watered the smaller potted plants at a lower nute rate(~400ppm), as they have had a few full feedings already. The 3gal and 2x5gal are still heavy AF.

Almost thinking of putting plants in small pots into flower tent, shall I transplant them into 2gal pots before I do that?

Received 417441306843838

My seed producing plants seem to have gotten some extra color as well.

Received 715713676075531

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
take a pic of what you want to transplant?
what size are they in now?
oh an nice humidifier😁,
i have the same one

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I measured the temperature about 2/3 down in the moist grow medium at 16.3 celcius, or 61 degrees Fahrenheit. Can you tell me if that's okay or too cool.
Welcome to the farm,

For what? Roots in soil? Yes, about 72f would be ideal

I'm just hopping in on this new post on a very old thread so I'll need to know a lot more about your grow. You might consider starting your own thread and include details of what you're doing. Include pictures. You'll get a lot of help that relates specifically to your grow. It will be a positive experience.

Top Bottom