Garlic Bud IBL F3 plant to pollinate F2 revegged

• Thread starter GarlicBudExpert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

Garlic Bud IBL F3 plant to pollinate F2 revegged. I'll upload more pics and update how it's going..
This is the original seed bank Garlic bud.
No nutrients yet and look at the healthy plant.
These plants are incredibly tough and I have no problems replanting even if you pulled it out of the soil. It still grows back.

I don't use much fertilizer so I get the smoothest smoke you ever smoked.

I am lucky to have these genetics in 2022
Garlic bud ibl f3 plant to pollinate f2 revegged

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

My homemade clone system.
6 clones are now in process of rooting.
This is a simple way to clone.
Small white bucket. Clear plastic cups, saran wrap and rubber band.
This is the result:
Humidity 90% to 94%
Temp 72-79 degrees.
20220122 152232
20220122 195325

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would love some if they are IBL F3 and Garlic, because that *reeks* like garlic, but of cool crosses 😁

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

I would love some if they are IBL F3 and Garlic, because that *reeks* like garlic, but of cool crosses 😁
The leaves get you baked. That's how you know you have the real deal Nevil's genetics.
Update all clones are doing great from the bucket method covered in saran wrap.
One pot was used and I just saran wrapped the top. I like the flower pot method as well. It seemed to produce more humidity and roots faster than small cups. Both methods worked great.
20220122 195337

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

Gave the plants a drink of Calmag roots organic , fertilome chelated iron, dash of hydrogen peroxide. I'm gonna switch to flowering soon. My F2 Garlic bud plants have a separate room. I selected post harvest for the best female to IBL. Guessing which plant is the best is impossible. A harvest and revegged ensures you're using the best plant to become your mother plant.
If you guess you may end up with a lemon plant, revegged ensure the end result of each plant.
It's more time consuming but the reward for me is finding the very best female to reveg for breeding.
20210904 205837

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

This is topped at the 3rd node, the spread and stretch is incredible. The inner branches will be main tops as well. This is all the topping it needs. 4 main branches make heavy yielding plants as well.

This has 8 main tops now and the middle area is throwing up tall tops. No need to add anymore main tops for indoor. Outdoor you can top it all season long.

Garlic bud is my favorite smoke. It never burns me out either. The rest do I smoke.
Garlic bud is a way of life and nothing comes close . I'm smoking GMO cookie right now I picked up, Burnout factor came quick with it. Just like the rest. Columbian Gold and Acapulco Gold years ago had the zero burn out factor. I haven't tried any new CG or AG so not sure if they both still has a zero burnout factor like the smoke in the 70s and early 80s Nice to have that again with Garlic bud.

20220123 194149

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

This is topped at the 3rd node, the spread and stretch is incredible. The inner branches will be main tops as well. This is all the topping it needs. 4 main branches make heavy yielding plants as well.

This has 8 main tops now and the middle area is throwing up tall tops. No need to add anymore main tops for indoor. Outdoor you can top it all season long.

Garlic bud is my favorite smoke. It never burns me out either. The rest do I smoke.
Garlic bud is a way of life and nothing comes close . I'm smoking GMO cookie right now I picked up, Burnout factor came quick with it. Just like the rest. Columbian Gold and Acapulco Gold years ago had the zero burn out factor. I haven't tried any new CG or AG so not sure if they both still has a zero burnout factor like the smoke in the 70s and early 80s Nice to have that again with Garlic bud.

20220123 194149
GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

Dried and cured Garlic bud. I flushed with flooding the plant off and on for 3 weeks with plain water. Super smooth and less mucus build up in the lungs from chemicals and anything else you may have used during the growing period.
20211121 024450

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

As far as I got one day. After work joint and felt plenty high from smoking that much 😎

I'm interested in 3 strains right now.
Maple Leaf indica , Columbian Gold and Acapulco Gold. Hopefully I can find a good source to get those seeds.

20211017 163615

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

Keep it simple.
Clean smoke won't clog up your lungs. Keep fertilizer and supplements to a minimum. Try fertilome chelared iron, after a good diluted hydrogen peroxide flush, for any issues.Use the add method for watering
Add water
Wait a Day
Wait a day.
Now check it, water down one side to get the water to the bottom in containers.

Then water wide as it gets bigger.
Top dress with worm manure then half way in flowering use wood ashes for monster buds.

You can use dried cucumber peelings, burn them and you now have ashes that have natural P for your plants.

I'm trying light dusting top dressing of nitro roots organic for veg this year.

I have roots organic terp tea bloom for Flowing and HPK and calmag if needed.

Fish tank water is the best all the way through to use. Then Budswell Bat guano mixture with seabird guano and other ingredients top dressed.

Top dress with worm manure outside often.
I don't have a fish tank set up yet. But that's the goal in the near future for feeding the plants..
20210824 081140

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I exclusively use fish tank water for all the plants on my entire property including all my fruit trees, bananas, and pineapples. I wont use tap water, here in the city it has a lot of chlorides in it along with other trace heavy metal deposits. I have a 110 gallon freshwater indoor aquarium and I ran a constant drip system to the tank it trickles around 20 gallons of water a day through the tank. I built an overflow system that takes the excess water out of the tank and runs it through a small 1/4 pvc line goes down the wall of my house then through the wall and outside to a 50 gallon plastic holding reservoir. Holding reservoir has a through hole fitting and an electric pump and hose with a timer. The electric pump goes on once every morning runs for 10 minuets and the stored aquarium water feeds through all my irrigation lines and lead to watering spikes to every plant. I love it makes everything automated I go on vacations to Hawaii and Fiji come back weeks later my shit is still thriving does all the work for me.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

BTW what strain is the one with the pink pistols is that the Garlic one? Those pink pistols look beautiful I grow a lot of strains and you don't see that very often. Ive seen a few Hawaiian strains with pink pistols but haven't grown out many pink pistol strains.

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

I exclusively use fish tank water for all the plants on my entire property including all my fruit trees, bananas, and pineapples. I wont use tap water, here in the city it has a lot of chlorides in it along with other trace heavy metal deposits. I have a 110 gallon freshwater indoor aquarium and I ran a constant drip system to the tank it trickles around 20 gallons of water a day through the tank. I built an overflow system that takes the excess water out of the tank and runs it through a small 1/4 pvc line goes down the wall of my house then through the wall and outside to a 50 gallon plastic holding reservoir. Holding reservoir has a through hole fitting and an electric pump and hose with a timer. The electric pump goes on once every morning runs for 10 minuets and the stored aquarium water feeds through all my irrigation lines and lead to watering spikes to every plant. I love it makes everything automated I go on vacations to Hawaii and Fiji come back weeks later my shit is still thriving does all the work for me.
I admire your dedication to perfection lol.
That's awesome!

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

BTW what strain is the one with the pink pistols is that the Garlic one? Those pink pistols look beautiful I grow a lot of strains and you don't see that very often. Ive seen a few Hawaiian strains with pink pistols but haven't grown out many pink pistol strains.
Yes it is, that's the Garlic bud. Outdoors it puts on that color. With F2 seeds you get many selections, taste and flavors. I read somewhere someone claimed a garlic bud plant they grew took 4 weeks.

I can confirm that now. 1 plant I had did, and it was shaded midday, it still produced nice buds. Most GB plants were done fast outdoors. Only 1 finished in 4 weeks.

So I revegged it, along with another F2 Garlic.

I'm IBLing to get a selected trait.
This 4 week reveg also had a skunk tone, a blast of garlic as well during the dying process in paper bags.

I air dry, then paper bag dry a bit, before it goes in jars. First day I shared the strong smell of garlic with my buddy.

Garlic Bud seedling
20211021 180724

Garlic Bud 4 week flowering finished 1/2 cloudy, half clear
20210829 064601

Top Bottom