Gas Factory: Building a licensed no till/living soil cultivation facility in Vermont

• Thread starter GasFactory
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GasFactory

GasFactory

Make sure they put walnut shells or whatever they use for grip on the epoxy floors, it gets real slippery. Had epoxy floors in a kitchen in a private club I renovated, it’s like ice .

We're using medical grade non-slip, anti-microbial, all the bells and whistles really. White w/ a gloss topcoat.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
This is great man and as an organic grower I resonate with this style. There’s some others doing it and as the consumer gets more educated on organic living soil/ no till I think that will create a niche market. I even seen a huge player in the California markets pushing their organic living soil/no till nug run rosin! Keep going I’ll be watching this one forsure!!

GasFactory

GasFactory

Hola GasFactory amigos, I just applied through the Seven Days' portal to your "Assistant Cannabis Cultivation Manager" position. This is clearly a great opportunity. Feel free to call me (802) 999-9905 Thanks, Azur Moulaert
Hey mate, I appreciate your excitement about the job I listed in Seven Days, but I would not recommend putting your phone number on a forum like this. Thanks for your application.

GasFactory

GasFactory

This is great man and as an organic grower I resonate with this style. There’s some others doing it and as the consumer gets more educated on organic living soil/ no till I think that will create a niche market. I even seen a huge player in the California markets pushing their organic living soil/no till nug run rosin! Keep going I’ll be watching this one forsure!!
Thanks man! We're going for it for sure.. We finished up clean up this week and will be trying to get the floors done this coming week into next.

gtfarm

gtfarm

Hey, I’m in Vermont if you need help.

I have a strong understanding of soil microbiology, botany, and psychometrics, and the art of Japanese Bonsai. Dynamic accumulators, companion planting, for health of the soil and the best plants to host predators. I have my own recipe for soils and teas (90% locally sourced) Each get tested on the reg. Have a soil mixer 1 yard, (beats the old way) I’ve been growing in the same soil since 2018 and reached 22 harvests and soil gets better. I have a Licensed facility, carpenter by trade. We are rocking Foshe LEDs. There are many pitfalls in Living soil, I know because I fell into all of them. If you have time for coffee we could discuss LEDs, PPFD, DLI, Genetics, worms….ect.

GasFactory

GasFactory

Hey, I’m in Vermont if you need help.

I have a strong understanding of soil microbiology, botany, and psychometrics, and the art of Japanese Bonsai. Dynamic accumulators, companion planting, for health of the soil and the best plants to host predators. I have my own recipe for soils and teas (90% locally sourced) Each get tested on the reg. Have a soil mixer 1 yard, (beats the old way) I’ve been growing in the same soil since 2018 and reached 22 harvests and soil gets better. I have a Licensed facility, carpenter by trade. We are rocking Foshe LEDs. There are many pitfalls in Living soil, I know because I fell into all of them. If you have time for coffee we could discuss LEDs, PPFD, DLI, Genetics, worms….ect.
Sounds like we're running similar setups, would love to get a coffee and talk shop.

GasFactory

GasFactory

Work continues on concrete repair.. should be done by next week with everything.
20221018 120350
20221018 120230
20221018 120206

GasFactory

GasFactory

First major job done, also got word today our permits are going through. should have them any day now to begin the interior layout construction.

On a side not if anyone wants some epoxy I have 2 3 gallon kits left. Covers about 600-800sqft

before:
Resized 20221013 090327

After:
20221026 082734

20221026 085513

steamroller

steamroller

Sweet job on the epoxy! đź‘Ź
Congrats on permits! đź‘Ť
Looking forward to you progress and reports. 🛸

GasFactory

GasFactory

It has been a minute since we posted. We've been non-stop. We built out the office while we waited for the state fire Marshall permits. This will allow us to run motion detected uvc lighting in the break rooms and lobby where we keep our work clothes.. nuking any baddies.

20221117 131614

But the real work has begun.. hvac/electric guys were in this week reworking the existing lights to fall in our corridors and remove the excess.

We also started framing out the buiding. We have to be completely framed up by 12/14 to meet our deadlines with hvac/electrical/plumbing.

The buildout we're beginning:
Buildout

We're framing in the exterior walls that need to be insulated for code. As well as conditioning and disabling the roll up doors. We hope to be done with buildout by mid january. Most everything is ordered and in shipment.. lights, dehus, aircons, etc.

20221122 171858

Only thing on back order is the compost tea brewer we ordered. It's about 90d out, but is well worth the wait. There's not a better machine on the planet imo. Produces incredible microbial life. home made ones aint got nothing on this baby.

We chose a 100 gallon system in order to dilute at about 40% and water the flower room in 1 brewing.

System 100 from https://growingsolutions.com

Until next time, peace yall.

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Dude I sure hope this pays off for you.
I admire the dedication to detail and use of quality products.
Cheap builds equal cheap product IMO.
With knowledge and common sense, you will get what you pay for.
Quality. đź‘Ť
NICE build man!

GasFactory

GasFactory

Dude I sure hope this pays off for you.
I admire the dedication to detail and use of quality products.
Cheap builds equal cheap product IMO.
With knowledge and common sense, you will get what you pay for.
Quality. đź‘Ť
NICE build man!
Thanks man, has been my dream for as long as I can remember, but I wasn't going to move to do it. I love where I live and am happy to finally get after it. I'm putting everything into it. I won't fail for lack of try. I really appreciate the encouragement. Have a good weekend steamroller.

Top Bottom