Gas Factory: Building a licensed no till/living soil cultivation facility in Vermont

• Thread starter GasFactory
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

When your tea brewer arrives look into adding a surface extraction pump to really mix it up.
This is a cheap example of what is available in the aquarium market.
Just look at what it does and think about it.
The bubbles from brewing tea are organic protiens and this will help to mix them even further into the water .
I remove the sponges in them and just benefit from the surface being mixed back and not air locked [ in bubbles]
Just a thought.

GasFactory

GasFactory

Working through the last major construction piece before we wire this bad boy up.

We have another section of ceiling to hang equal to the one you see here this coming week, then the following week after Christmas were roughing in and finishing.

Have a good holidays everyone.

Image00002

GasFactory

GasFactory

It has been a really busy end to the year, but it's all starting to come together.

We got the flower room ready, rough in is done, started hanging air handlers, compressors, and running gas and water lines. Also did a little painting in the office areas to get them looking and feeling fresh.

Electrical inspection is Tuesday and drywall starts later that day.

Happy New Year everyone and let's crush 2023. Peace yall

20221227 145917

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Best of luck in 2023! Looks like everything is coming along nicely. Much respect for not giving up on a dream. I'm right there with ya man. I'm very close to getting my caregiver license up in Maine. What strains are you planning on starting with? Sourcing clones from a nursery?

GasFactory

GasFactory

Best of luck in 2023! Looks like everything is coming along nicely. Much respect for not giving up on a dream. I'm right there with ya man. I'm very close to getting my caregiver license up in Maine. What strains are you planning on starting with? Sourcing clones from a nursery?

We'll start from fresh seed stock and cuts of our own stuff we've been working on over the years.

We plan to mostly hunt for our own cuts, we're not that interested in just running what everyone else is running.

Observationist

Observationist

We'll start from fresh seed stock and cuts of our own stuff we've been working on over the years.

We plan to mostly hunt for our own cuts, we're not that interested in just running what everyone else is running.
How does that work?

Like afaik, here in ok, everything has to be tracked I couldn't just use my own seeds*?

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

You're a great example of if you can dream it you can build it and that people really can do whatever they want if they are willing to put in the effort to make it happen. It's beautiful. I love all the details you're covering with this build.

Are you planning on running electrical through the ceiling? I was a little confused when you put up the insulation and sheathing what looked like before running any electrical. Do you have access to that area from an attic or something or do you have a different plan?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

You're a great example of if you can dream it you can build it and that people really can do whatever they want if they are willing to put in the effort to make it happen. It's beautiful. I love all the details you're covering with this build.

Are you planning on running electrical through the ceiling? I was a little confused when you put up the insulation and sheathing what looked like before running any electrical. Do you have access to that area from an attic or something or do you have a different plan?
Electrical is already in.. Go up to post 45 youll see it.
Its all BX cable.

Observationist

Observationist

The same way as if we were to buy seeds or clones from anyone else. We just enter it into the system. Cultivators can sell seed and clone to other cultivators here.
Cool, thank you

Best of luck, you're building one of my dreams right now

GasFactory

GasFactory

It has been a very busy week or so. Everyone is putting in work.

All of the attention to detail is paying off in ways I didn't expect, but we got glowing reviews from the state efficiency folks who give rebates.

We also decided to spend on fitting out the facility with AirROS after someone we know failed their first tests. Our state has 0 tolerance policy and we figured it was better to spend some now rather than lose a 200k crop to some molds or something from the soil.

Drywall is hung and they're in there taping and mudding as I post.

We started work on the water reclaim system and electrical in flower will be finished tomorrow so we can clean it out and start hanging equipment.

We'll be painting late into the nights behind the drywall guys later this week in the rest of the facility.

Were trying to get our socials going and posted this weeks walkthrough at the link below with some tunes. Or you can watch the normal vid below

Until next time, ✌️

GasFactory

GasFactory

Only a couple more weeks until this bad boy is setup and running. We had our pre-inspection to get a checklist and they said we're good, just call em back when we're done putting up the last few things(exit signs, and some overhead lighting in non-grow rooms). I think we'll be done in about 2 weeks and moving forward with getting our license.

We have done so much since last post. Finished all the painting, all the electrical finish work, we're working on hanging and setting up the Trolmaster equipment, dehus, airros, lights, etc right now. We'll move soil into the facility probably towards the end of next week or beginning of the week after and we'll be growin the DANK!

I have had so much fun during this process, but I'm ready to be done with the contruction and on to the growing. It has been a lot of work. One things for sure, if I fail at the weeds, everyone keeps telling me I have a career as a GC.. But we're going to crush it.

I'll be back with probably one more post after we're all said and done to show it all off. Thanks everyone, and see you next time.

GasFactory

GasFactory

Since our last post weve finished painting, done electrical finish, put in doors, finished most hvac work, and started hanging grow equipment.

We also had a pre inspection that went really well. They said everything looked great.

We have pretty much everything on hand to assemble and expect to be done and buttoned up by the end of the first week of February.

HVAC/Electrical is wrapping up and all we have left is to get a fire panel installed and assemble the grow equipment which is in progress now.

There will probably be one more final update after this one to show you the finished product.

It's been a lot of work over the past few months and we're all stoked to get growing.

20230127 150838
IMG952694
20230126 165011

Until next time, hope everyone has a good one ✌️

Also, I had a lot more photos than this to share, but for some reason the forums are saying they're not "expected images" or something like that, if anyone knows how I can fix this, let me know.

F

Franklinfarms

Wow this is really cool, good luck cant wait to see you up and running ! Looks like a job well done.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Might have to stop in vermont next time im headed to Maine lol. This place is looking awesome 👌🏼

S

Stonemason7767

Since our last post weve finished painting, done electrical finish, put in doors, finished most hvac work, and started hanging grow equipment.

We also had a pre inspection that went really well. They said everything looked great.

We have pretty much everything on hand to assemble and expect to be done and buttoned up by the end of the first week of February.

HVAC/Electrical is wrapping up and all we have left is to get a fire panel installed and assemble the grow equipment which is in progress now.

There will probably be one more final update after this one to show you the finished product.

It's been a lot of work over the past few months and we're all stoked to get growing.

View attachment 1324434View attachment 1324435View attachment 1324436

Until next time, hope everyone has a good one ✌️

Also, I had a lot more photos than this to share, but for some reason the forums are saying they're not "expected images" or something like that, if anyone knows how I can fix this, let me know.
Wow man what an accomplishment. Great job.you should look into Korean natural farming. Would save you alot in fertilizer cost.works good in living soil.

GasFactory

GasFactory

Hey everyone, this is the final post in this journal. We did it! We submitted our application today and finished the build yesterday with a massive push to move 54000 lbs of kisorganics soil into our beds.

We couldn't get a lift in so 3 guys and a 10cuft wheel barrow man handled it into place.

We've hung lights, setup controllers, moved soil and received our CO from the state fire Marshall's.

Our rebate people here, Efficiency Vermont, notified us today that they are submitting our facility for best building design award for 2023.. Thats pretty cool! Was never my intention but a neat surprise.

Thanks everyone who followed along the past 5 months and cheered me on. It was much appreciated.

We'll start a new thread once we're licensed and get growing. Until next time, peace yall.

20230217 000149
20230216 093640
IMG 20230215 160933 712
IMG 20230210 094106 302

Top Bottom