Gavita 1650 E-Series adapter blinking green in tent during lights off cycle??

• Thread starter urijah710420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urijah710420

urijah710420

Hey guys I run a Gavita 1650e. To use with a controller you are required to use it with the E-series adapter. On the adapter it has a little LED light, I've never noticed this before but last night during lights out I looked into my tent to see on the adapter a blinking green light.. Does anyone know why Gavita put a blinking green light on something that will be in the grow tent?? Will this blinking affect my dark cycle? I know on the gavita controller a blinking green light indicates a power interruption but on my controller the light is solid green so there hasn't been any power interruptions. Why would Gavita design the adapter to blink green? Thanks!!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's green because green light won't mess up a plant's dark period. Why it's blinking is not something I can tell you.

urijah710420

urijah710420

Seems so weird that they would put any color blinking light on the e-series adapter knowing it will be going in a tent or room that has dark periods.

urijah710420

urijah710420

Wouldn't the controller also be blinking green if a power interruption occurred? I know when I have a power outage the controllers indicator will blink green. But right now my controllers indicator is solid green(no interruption) but on the e-series adapter it is blinking green. Seems both would be blinking if a power interruption occurred because they are plugged in to the same outlet.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I have the same light and had the same question. I talked with a gavita rep and they told me that just how the light operates and won't effect the night cycle. I know I thought it was weird too but you can't turn it off or anything unfortunately.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

the power interruption blinking light only happens on the controller. The adapter itself always blinks when it's on, this is what the rep told me.

Top Bottom