Gavita 1930e still has diodes illuminating in the dark period.

• Thread starter Jay87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jay87

That sux. You are getting lots of good advice while you are waiting for them to open again at least. Are you in flower now, or can you make it thru for a couple weeks in Veg? I assume this is your concern - light leaks causing reveg.

If you have a voltmeter we can walk you thru some checkouts, starting with line to neutral, line to ground, and neutral to ground. I'm assuming you are in the EU so I would expect 220, 220, and 0V respectively. The last one is the one I would be most concerned about. If you have 0V between neutral and ground and this lights are still on with the controller unplugged, you have an issue in your driver and this should be for Gavita to repair for you. My gut is that the driver is the issue, but the fact that both lights are doing it makes me scratch my head a bit.
Yes I am. I appreciate everyone trying help out. Thank you to everyone. I am in very early veg. So I do have a few weeks thank god. But yes that is my main worry, with the leaks.

And that would be great. I can go to purchase a volt meter tomorrow. I can then check my plugs. Take the faceplate off and check to see if neutral has live feed coming through it, and also if it is earthed. I know a little bit around electrics. But not a lot.

I’m in the uk so it’s 240v here. Well the lights are only a few months old so I have a five year warranty. Iv sent my seller a video to send to gavita so waiting back on that. An exactly, I was thinking the exact same with both of the lights doing it.

J

Jay87

Unplug it from the lights.
If the neutral is back feeding that is a whole other problem
Isn’t that just the same as turning the controller off? If not will have to try tomorrow now as lights are on.

K

KenKenaf

Small amounts of current still flow through stuff that's plugged in regardless.

No... They are cutting power on the wrong lead. Neutral hot or ground, which would you cut mr expert?

Reverse the polarity, problem fixed. Polarity matters even tho the Chinese child making your weed lights doesn't think so.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

No... They are cutting power on the wrong lead. Neutral hot or ground, which would you cut mr expert?

Reverse the polarity, problem fixed. Polarity matters even tho the Chinese child making your weed lights doesn't think so.
Ken, you are new here so I’ll give to the benefit of the doubt. But I’m telling you now chill out. You’ve had a busy night of posting abrasively while reporting and complaining about others. Mirror - look.

You want more clarification pm me, don’t troll the forums with this.

TSD

TSD

Ok first of all, I'm a woman. Secondly I never said I was any type of expert, but I did date a journeyman electrician for 8 years. Third of all, phantom power is definitely a thing, especially in cheaply made appliances. We don't like douchebags here, so keep that in mind when trapsing in here like cock of the walk.

F

fuzybuds

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem with gavita leds.? Basically in the dark period the are slightly still on. Also a few are blinking. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.
Is the ground good and polarity correct?

F

FranJan

Sorry I don’t really understand what you mean? You mean the earth? An polarity? I don’t know what that is. Sorry don’t know much about electrics.

I had that "LEDs glowing after lights out" issue years ago during the early teens with my LED grow lights. Sometimes it would be a ground problem or polarity problem from my cheaply made Chinese based lights or my DIY lights and that could be fixed by doing a little rewiring. But sometimes those fixes wouldn't work. I got desperate at one point and there was, (or is), a thread on another site where you can ask an electrician a question and that's when I learned it was my place's old ass wiring being the prime suspect. And that there was 2 fixes. Get my place re-wired or start unplugging devices in different rooms. Lo and behold after unplugging some lamps in another room the panel giving me the problem stopped glowing when off and as long as I didn't use that receptacle I didn't have the problem again. You could also try swapping equipment to different receptacles in the grow room. I mean it's not the best fix but it will work for the time being for you.

Funny, after writing this I'm now going back and forth turning lamps and equipment on and off all around my place, (same place, same wiring) and seeing if my flowering rig is glowing now at lights off. I guess sometimes it pays to buy UL stuff because I haven't had the issue appear with my Volt Grow or Iluminar lights.

Anyhow, maybe my little story will help you so Good Luck and Be Safe.

Top Bottom