Gavita Causing My Plants To Will. Stumped??

• Thread starter GavitaDE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GavitaDE

First and foremost thank you for any replies. Long time lurker first time poster.

So I have 8 girls, 4 gsc and 4 gg4, vegging under 6 1000 watt hortilux blue lights. They look beautiful and lushious and green.

As soon I introduce them into the flower room under 8 gavitas they seem to go in shock, which I expect for a few days, but this is a diff type of shock. They wilt badly stop growing and begin to claw up. It's mind boggling.

I have to veg in my flower room for two weeks once I introduce them into there new home to fill out the trellis.

At this point I dropped the wattage to 600s and and amped up the humidity which helped somewhat but did not fix the prob. Sorry for no pics.

Any advice please??

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yes pics help. If you went to 1000 HPS right away that possibly be it. Coming from veg I start at 600w and work them up to 1000w over the week. I think you did the correct thing though by turning down

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Are you making your plants have runoff when feeding/watering? what are you feeding and what are you growing in?

G

GavitaDE

Thanks for responses. 15 gallon smart pots. Pro mix hp. Emrald Harvest. Feeding is ph'd to 5.9-6.2. 20 percent run off sitting on top of go pros. Never sitting in water. At least 4 feet from the light.

Everything looks beautiful under the hortilux lights. But as soon as the girls are put in with the gavitas they respond poorly. To the point where they claw up and has me confused.

Room stays at 72 w no CO2 during veg. Lowering the wattage to 600 helped somewhat but didn't solve the problem.

R

rascali

Plants produce specific chlorophyll mixtures (there are many kinds) to best utilize the light spectrum they are receiving. When you radically change the light spectrum with little acclimation the plant can literally starve because it can't feed on the new light spectrum. There's more wrong than that, but that's the fact.

That's why I don't screw with spectrums anymore - choose a good one and stick with it start to finish. Switching costs you a week in neutral, that's too expensive in rent, utilities and me. (and for what, really?)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Good info! Any recommendations besides buying new lights for my veg room?

Maybe throw some hps in my veg room?

@rascali
Dont use so many nutes and you might have to swing your ph.... different lights hit your plant with different photon colors (your nanometers) so keep the new light and adjust the plant... might want to clone back and start over under the new light too.

G

GavitaDE

Dont use so many nutes and you might have to swing your ph.... different lights hit your plant with different photon colors (your nanometers) so keep the new light and adjust the plant... might want to clone back and start over under the new light too.

Someone mentioned upping my pH. Might give it a try on half of them.

Freshone

Freshone

I mix cmh315 with gavita 750s in veg and flower now for the same reasons rascali stated.Gavitas take a few runs to get used too,do you have the EL series with the master controller?If so you can use the dawn/dusk ramp up feature to help them adjust at lights on in the beginning.
I fried alot of plants with gavi 1000s when they first came out in an 8' ceiling room,gavitas are intense.

G

GavitaDE

I mix cmh315 with gavita 750s in veg and flower now for the same reasons rascali stated.Gavitas take a few runs to get used too,do you have the EL series with the master controller?If so you can use the dawn/dusk ramp up feature to help them adjust at lights on in the beginning.
I fried alot of plants with gavi 1000s when they first came out in an 8' ceiling room,gavitas are intense.

Yup with the master controller. I have a 30 min ramp for dusk/dawn. Absolutely love the light system. Just sucks that I might have to buy some more gavitas for the veg. Them suckers are expensive.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You don't have to buy new lights. I veg with T5s and then straight under Gavitas at 600w if they look good after 2 days I bump them up to 750w then 1000w then 1st day flower 1150w Gavitas do perform better the higher they are placed, but as long as you can cool the space that's what really counts. I'm 3 1/2 ft from canopy. Happy Growing

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

It's no different than if you had a plant outside receiving only Morning Sun. Then one day you decide to move it to the west side where it only received afternoon sun. It's not going to like that it's a living thing you have to harden It Off over a week or so especially with those high-powered lights you are running.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Mine don't miss a beat when going from 800 watt of mixed mh and cdm to my 6-750 pro de. I run it maxed at 825 watts. I keep all my veg MH at 5k or under and the cheap 3.5k and 4k seem to work good. I'd replace half the blues with standard 3.5k mh bulbs for a better spectrum.
DSCN0782

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Not familiar with concept? Can you explain
You ease them in. Starting with like an hour the first day and progressively getting more over a week or so until you eventually leave them in there. Or you could raise your lights way up and bring it down slowly over time or you could do both in combination. Marijuana is super strong and resilient so most people don't even bother practicing that type of technique. They can still get stressed though even though it might be minimal its a bad thing. When they get stressed they go into stop mode and you have to wait for them to bounce back. It sounds like you have some extremely intense lighting or your strain is a little sensitive. Your blue light is like Morning Sun your red light with infrared is like sunset they are probably also a little confused as to why it is sunset when they thought it would be morning. They are a living thing and are aware of what's going on around them.

Top Bottom