Gavita/epap Alibaba Knock Off?

• Thread starter MRsaysay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

that link wont work unless you log into that site.got any other pics of the new light?

DrFever

DrFever

lol i think min order is 50 units @ i thin i saw 140 bucks ???? thats 7000 an hope it lands man you get what you pay for no need to knock offs just buy the real thing from real people

MRsaysay

MRsaysay

lol i think min order is 50 units
You can ask them to send you a "sample" order of less. 1-20 units. It's all about haggeling on alibab. These Chinese manufacturers are hilarious, they will bend over backwards for a sale. There margins are huge

S

Seed Buyer

So you order this cheap Chinese garbage. It arrives not as described and damaged. You email them letting them know they are snakes. And there only response is "I know you are but what am I"! I have been in the retail industry for over a decade and this would be a gamble. Go to a store, work yourself a deal on a few Gavita units and have a warranty to fall back on. Or have fun with your "sample" units that are DOA and have no chance of returning.

Junk

Junk

lol i think min order is 50 units @ i thin i saw 140 bucks ???? thats 7000 an hope it lands man you get what you pay for no need to knock offs just buy the real thing from real people
lol & a +1

N

noone88

I've made the same comments and i'll make it again: the weakest and most dangerous part of our garden is our equipment. Fires start because of some electrical mishap. The gavita is most likely made in China, but i'm sure Gavita has higher quality standards for electrical components. The money you save is not the worth the paranoia of catastrophic equipment failure.

Junk

Junk

I've made the same comments and i'll make it again: the weakest and most dangerous part of our garden is our equipment. Fires start because of some electrical mishap. The gavita is most likely made in China, but i'm sure Gavita has higher quality standards for electrical components. The money you save is not the worth the paranoia of catastrophic equipment failure.

& for anyone who has never endured a fire, it may not seem like much to say...but if it's eve a moderate fire, the destruction & repair costs will be a lot.

But nothing will top the amount of headache it is. Insurance want's receipts for everything you want replaced. I don't have receipts for everything. So on top of all the loss you already experience, any trouble you may get into because of the cause of the fire (growing cannabis), your insurance co is not on your side.

It's a positively horrific ordeal. It ranks up there with: divorce, loss of a child/spouse/parent, job loss etc.

Avoid it at any cost.

M

MadmanOgCali

Hello,

Just to clarify everything, they are "not" knock offs.
You don't have to buy 50 units.

The warranty they provide is 100% legit.
I have an 8 lighter, purchased 10 bulbs + ballast at $146 a piece 8 months ago and only 1 has burnt out.
Contacted them directly, sent back the defective unit, and received a replacement in 3 weeks.

Hitting 2-2.5 a light.

Best Regards,

Top Bottom