Gavita issues help

• Thread starter Cbe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cbe

Hi, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but I'm having some gavita probs. It's a gavita pro 1000 de and sometimes it wint turn on , on it's own. I bought a new timer and that's not the prob. I usually have to unplug the main pluslg from the ballest then plug it back in and it kickstart. Sometimes I just open the tent and it starts up when it should already of been on. Any ideas what the issue could be ? Thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but I'm having some gavita probs. It's a gavita pro 1000 de and sometimes it wint turn on , on it's own. I bought a new timer and that's not the prob. I usually have to unplug the main pluslg from the ballest then plug it back in and it kickstart. Sometimes I just open the tent and it starts up when it should already of been on. Any ideas what the issue could be ? Thanks
You firmly screw the bulb and check to make sure the socket is in good condition?

C

Cbe

It's not a screw in bulb , it's a double ended slot in and it's a complete unit , no separate ballisr . But by the way it is a new bulb . But I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a dozen time and checked numerous times it's fitted the right way

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's not a screw in bulb , it's a double ended slot in and it's a complete unit , no separate ballisr . But by the way it is a new bulb . But I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a dozen time and checked numerous times it's fitted the right way
Never used em but have found many other lights to have this problem

Reactions: Cbe
C

Cbe

Ballast failure! Do not use you have a serious fire danger!!
This is it . Do you think its def the ballist that is gone ? I'm fin with it anyway. Caused a few bananas because of the irregular light probs . But nothing 2 bad

20190528 212942
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Do not use it, have it tested for failure or recycle it

C

Cbe

Also I forgot to mention when it was on 600w veg it tripped my breaker twice. Never had this prob before but I have currently just moved and this is the first time using it here. Not sure if it was to do with the actual gavita because I had a new housr light fitted that connect to the same breaker section and a few bulbs blew on it. The gavita is connected to a surge plug btw.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Change that breaker, could be your problem.

C

Cbe

Change that breaker, could be your problem.
When the gavita doesnt fire up though the fan and extractor still run and they are all on the same surge block. Could it still be the breaker ? It's strange because sometimes I just unzip the tent and it automatically turns on even though w it should of turned on 2 hrs previous.

Top Bottom