Gavita lay out

• Thread starter southern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

southern

I have 3 tables of 4x8 in my room so it is a 4x24 row. How many gavita lights will be optimum efficiency. I know they have a bigger foot print. Just not sure on how it will fit in the room and how much to overlap.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

whats your ceiling height?

A common problem i see with the DE fixtures is that people dont have the correct distance from canopy to light fixture. I seemed to find best results with this little reference i made up:

(Distance from canopy to bulb) (Light Spread) (Wattage Output)
(@ 2') (5'x4') (600-660 Watts)
(@ 2.5') (5.5' x 4.5') (660-750 Watts)
(@ 3') ( 6' x 5') (750-825 Watts)
(@ 3.5') (6.5'x5.25') (825-1000 Watts)
(@ 4' ) (7' x 5.5') (1000-1150 Watts)

Ive been messing around with the height differential and best wattage used. also helped determine a realistic canopy spread. This little chart^ isnt saying that you should butt up your spread of light side to side. Gavitas work best with cross lighting so overlapping the spread is definitely recommended. I feel that 3'-4' of canopy height is needed when running at 1000W. IMHO its over kill of light in to tight of light spread. Ive seen negative affects @ 2'-2.5' of canopy height, raising the lights helped, so does training and trellising;)
run your fixtures side by side not end to end. This utilizes the cross lighting too.

I like what Fish said, i would rock 5 lights. 4 can cover this and do well, but u just wont have the potential to yield what 5 lights can.

:cigar:Z

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

whats your ceiling height?

A common problem i see with the DE fixtures is that people dont have the correct distance from canopy to light fixture. I seemed to find best results with this little reference i made up:

(Distance from canopy to bulb) (Light Spread) (Wattage Output)
(@ 2') (5'x4') (600-660 Watts)
(@ 2.5') (5.5' x 4.5') (660-750 Watts)
(@ 3') ( 6' x 5') (750-825 Watts)
(@ 3.5') (6.5'x5.25') (825-1000 Watts)
(@ 4' ) (7' x 5.5') (1000-1150 Watts)

Ive been messing around with the height differential and best wattage used. also helped determine a realistic canopy spread. This little chart^ isnt saying that you should butt up your spread of light side to side. Gavitas work best with cross lighting so overlapping the spread is definitely recommended. I feel that 3'-4' of canopy height is needed when running at 1000W. IMHO its over kill of light in to tight of light spread. Ive seen negative affects @ 2'-2.5' of canopy height, raising the lights helped, so does training and trellising;)
run your fixtures side by side not end to end. This utilizes the cross lighting too.

I like what Fish said, i would rock 5 lights. 4 can cover this and do well, but u just wont have the potential to yield what 5 lights can

:cigar:Z

Zman is right on the money,ive been playing with some gavitas for awhile now,just took four out this weekend,they kickass but i just dont have the ceiling height at 8' tall.After having them in for a bit i would say 10' ceiling height is good and 11 or 12 wouldnt hurt,also the cross lighting suffers when to close(30-36'').I hear that gavita is coming out with 750s but havent heard much about them.Completely different and take some time to get used to for sure.
I cant take credit for the 5 lights over 4x24 though i stole that from TK in another gavita/epap thread but i totally agree with it.

O

ogwon

I have 4X8 tables, but they are not lined up next to each other. I am planning on putting 2 EPAPS over each table. Is this over kill?

O

ogwon

Or…. I can use 3X6 trays. I suppose I could get away with one EPAP over each 3X8? I always used 2 hoods over 3X6's and definatly 2 hoods over 4X8's.

S

southern

Ok so with a 4x24 row I would spred 5 gavitas side by side (not long end to end) evenly over the trays @ a 3.5ft distance from canopy. This sounds pretty fair. Anyone disagree?

S

southern

Is side by side better than end to end? I thought the footprint was 4x6 with 6 being the length of the bulb and 4 being width. If that is the case then wouldn't it make more sense to run the 5 lights end to end instead of side by side?

Delerium

Delerium

Is side by side better than end to end? I thought the footprint was 4x6 with 6 being the length of the bulb and 4 being width. If that is the case then wouldn't it make more sense to run the 5 lights end to end instead of side by side?
Side by side you get better overlap

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Look up Gavita

they have read outs and shit and tell you all about their fixtures and the proper ways to use them. These arent your traditional ballast and hood setup, if not ran proper, than you will lose the many benefits they offer. goes for both Gavita and e Papillon.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

4 daystars right now. gavitas have been on semi retirement/layed off for a minute.
16 total over 4 4x8 spaces
damn, thats some light! If your getting your gram/watt then your killing it! if you dont mind me asking, do you hit gpw or close to? not tryna get personal or anything;)

Delerium

Delerium

damn, thats some light! If your getting your gram/watt then your killing it! if you dont mind me asking, do you hit gpw or close to? not tryna get personal or anything;)
With the 600w yes, with the 1k's not yet, been seeing what is working in there and what isn't.
Dropped down to 3 varieties, so I can get a better barometer.
I usually try to run only one variety per setup, easier to read the plants. Fucked now cuz every setup has 2 varieties in them. Real pain in the ass.

Tank333

Tank333

Wow Delerium! That's an insane amount of light! And people told me I was overdoing it with 4kw in a 10x6 space! Lol.

J

jesus420

hey guys can some one also please tell me how many gravitas 1000 i should put in a 12 x 12 foot with 10 foot ceilings if i do the math it think 6 lights would be enough and evenly spread through the room and that's going with the 4x6 spread of the light, however i know nothing about this as im a newbie and would like any veteran or anyone that has experience with these light to please shed some light for me

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Is your room 12x12 or the area your trying to cover 12x12. I run the gavita 1000 one per 4x4 square 2 over each 4x8 tray and will probably run 3 over each 4x8 next run. I haven't cared about grame per watt since medical came around , since then it's been how many pounds per tray for me, my space is what limits my yeild not my wattage. I currently run 3 hortilux 1000 per tray in one of my rooms and that works real well for me.

J

jesus420

mittenmedgrow,
thanks for the reply, is should have said that my grow room will be 12' L x 12' W x 10' H

Latest posts

Top Bottom