Gavita LED deficiency help please

• Thread starter Zekethefreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zekethefreak

Zekethefreak

Hi. I have this slight yellow striping to my leaves it’s more prominent in older leaves. This is grown under a Gavita LED in coco. I’m used to hps to just trying to get used to LED. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

Gavita led deficiency help please
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I think i may have what OPs leaf will progress into, I am under the same light. Would also love input without starting an identical thread since this may be stage 2 of the same deficiency.

20210206 093502
Zekethefreak

Zekethefreak

From what I’ve read I think it could be magnesium but don’t want to just throw in some in case that causes other issues

coherent

coherent

I had the same looking leaf issue a few weeks ago. Sprayed the plant well with Epsom salt (1 tsp dissolved in 1 gal water). A couple of times just before lights off over 4-5 day period. Also upped (nearly doubled) the cal-mag. Seemed to fix the issue fairly quickly

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Look at the new growth and make changes based on that. With coc just give it water for a day or 3 days. And then start nutes back. Start with light nutes. And find you happiness.

Zekethefreak

Zekethefreak

Thank you how would you go about fixing the problem? I’m running canna nutrients and tap water. Would just adding Epsom salts be enough? I would have thought canna would have enough mg so maybe my tap water is low. My tap water is.

Calcium...…..49.6
Magnesium...11
Sulphate……56
Alkalinity...….116
pH.…………7.40

What is the correct amount for a coco nutrient solution? And what is the correct ration to calcium. Thanks for any help.

coherent

coherent

I use a cal-mag with feeding for coco. Used the epsom salt as a foliage spray when I initially saw the issue. I use R/O so not sure as far as amounts of cal-mag, but it's kind of hard to use too much cal-mag unless you go crazy. You can use epson in water and nutes. Same amount (1 tsp per gal). It will only help with mag not calcium. Coco seems to need a regular cal-mag regiment. Don't know the specific specs of your nutes, but most require some additional cal-mag. Not sure if your tap water mag (11) is ppm or what specific mag ppm your water is already supplying vs whats required. If your final PH is 7.40 you need to lower it, as you may be blocking out essential nutes. With coco around 5.8-6.0 is good. 7.4 may be fine for mag but may block out other nutrients in hrdro. I'm a firm believer that varying the ph somewhat is a good thing. You can use ph down or silica to lower the ph. A simple search for ph nutrient absorption charts may help.

Last edited:
Zekethefreak

Zekethefreak

I use a cal-mag with feeding for coco. Used the epsom salt as a foliage spray when I initially saw the issue. I use R/O so not sure as far as amounts of cal-mag, but it's kind of hard to use too much cal-mag unless you go crazy. You can use epson in water and nutes. Same amount (1 tsp per gal). It will only help with mag not calcium. Coco seems to need a regular cal-mag regiment. Don't know the specific specs of your nutes, but most require some additional cal-mag. Not sure if your tap water mag (11) is ppm or what specific mag ppm your water is already supplying vs whats required. If your final PH is 7.40 you need to lower it, as you may be blocking out essential nutes. With coco around 5.8-6.0 is good. 7.4 may be fine for mag but may block out other nutrients in hrdro. I'm a firm believer that varying the ph somewhat is a good thing. You can use ph down or silica to lower the ph. A simple search for ph nutrient absorption charts may help.

Thanks for your input, the ph is my tap I run my nutrient between 5.5 and 6.2 and try to vary it.

The calmag I get here has a lot of N from the calcium nitrate so I don’t want to end up with 2 much N in the solution. I feel like when using LED lights the magnesium should be higher. I guess my question is what should the ratio be? My feeling was something like 2:1 cal to mg but I’m not sure now? Also what ppms to shoot for? Is it for example HID = 100 Ca, 50 Mg

LED = 200 Ca, 100 Mg or am I over thinking it?

EasyCheesy

EasyCheesy

Thanks for your input, the ph is my tap I run my nutrient between 5.5 and 6.2 and try to vary it.

The calmag I get here has a lot of N from the calcium nitrate so I don’t want to end up with 2 much N in the solution. I feel like when using LED lights the magnesium should be higher. I guess my question is what should the ratio be? My feeling was something like 2:1 cal to mg but I’m not sure now? Also what ppms to shoot for? Is it for example HID = 100 Ca, 50 Mg

LED = 200 Ca, 100 Mg or am I over thinking it?

@Zekethefreak did you figure this out? Did you add epsom? If so, how much did you add? I'm having a similar issue too, also running a coco grow under LED's, and I'd be really surprised if it's a calcium issue as my water is hard and high in calcium.

Scar818

Scar818

Hi. I have this slight yellow striping to my leaves it’s more prominent in older leaves. This is grown under a Gavita LED in coco. I’m used to hps to just trying to get used to LED. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks
It very much looks like magnesium deficiency. I would recommend using cal mag 4ml per gallon. You can do 5ml per gallon 1st 2-3 waters. Then decrease it to 4 and eventually 3. After 5th week of flower u can stop using.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Magnesium...11
You need to bring the Magnesium up to 70 -80 PPM for Led's
Best way to do it is Epsom salts, 1-2g x gallon....problem solved...
with Calcium nitrate ( also useful) you will boost just N and Ca....so be aware

Latest posts

Top Bottom