Gavita Lighting Sold To Scotts Miracle-gro For $136 Million

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

Looks like I won't touch Gavita now. :) I will stick to not investing/purchasing anything related to Monsanto. We should never think only about the dollar and reflect upon what companies like Monsanto have done to nature and humans.

I don't support scum bag companies. No harm intended just speaking the truth. :)

Moto
Glad I already had my lights.... Don't want to support Monsanto at all!

ken dog

ken dog

Monsanto in one of the best things to happen to the human race... They have alone staved off starvation for millions and millions of people worldwide.

I love Monsanto... And what they bring to the table.

ken dog

ken dog

Monsanto does more good in the world than probably any other company.
.http://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2013/05/15/monsanto_more_saint_than_sinner_106533.html
Fair use exerpt:
Monsanto's noble efforts have garnered the adoration of numerous, notable do-gooders, including philanthropist Bill Gates and agricultural scientist Norman Borlaug, the Nobel Peace Prize winner whose dwarf wheat revolutionized agriculture, saving an estimated one billion lives from starvation.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

They may do good now, just wait until they shut down every single private small non Comercial grower. Oh, and not to mention, their products are killing off bees. You do know what happens with out been, right? No more flowers, no more fruit, no more plant pollination. Believe me I'm far from.a tree hugger, but bees play a huge role in the life cycle of plants in the wild. And who doesn't love honey.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

This is awesome, when the news first struck I increased my shares from 200 to 350... I'm hoping Scott's gets up over 100 per share and I'll cash out.
I'm pretty sure their stock went down after acquiring GH
Good luck though
I just stuck most of my retirement fund into money market, too much crazy shit going on these days

420Outlaw

420Outlaw

Doubtful that Monsanto is responsible for the declining bee population.
.http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-study-prove-monsanto-company-is-killing.aspx
Fair use exerpt:
It's critical to go over a few things before we dig into the study. First, Monsanto doesn't produce a single neonicotinoid, although it is developing a new portfolio of products that could save honey bees
Lmfao hahaha you are a super tool! Lmfao hahaha! You sound like the teacher from charlie brown hahahahaha!

chronic68

chronic68

Haters Gotta Hate.
i heard you ask earlier why Monsanto is bad ill tell you a couple reasons it all started with seed not mmj but corn wheat agricultural staples now used to be when a farmer harvested he saved seeds and what not and plant next year but if you buy Monsanto seeds your required by contract to buy new every year and i know your thinking so dont buy Monsanto well this is how they got around it they trademarked their genetics and lets say your neighbor buys Monsanto an some of his pollen impregnated your crops Monsanto goes around and checks near by crops and if they find there are any Monsanto genetics they call the sheriffs to destroy the fields and sues the farmer putting them out of business now how is this legal longstanding corruption and bribes and through this process now if you see corn or anything 99% of the time its Monsanto product. that is why the american farmer is dead Monsanto killed them leaving only corporations. now they are buying weed businesses left and right and meeting with big pharma the plan is too cut out all the current weed businesses and only allow big pharma to grow it with Monsanto products. it scares me to be honest if you think their not gonna go after home growers your insane. and if you dont think they have the juice with big pharma and Monsanto working together only big oil comes close to the amount of lobbying dollars being spent and remember our politicians are for sale.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
@ken dog here are 10 reasons why monsanto suck! im sure there is 100s more..... wake up dude!!

1. Monsanto’s GMO Alfalfa and sugar beets are a threat to native and organic crops

2. Monsanto’s Roundup is toxic

3. The impact of GMOs on livestock

4. Small farmers are pushed out of business

5. Hiding PCBs and its devastating side effects for many years

6. Monsanto is still refusing to pay any compensation to the families of the Vietnamese that were poisoned with chemical “Agent Orange”

7. Monsanto’s GMO seeds are causing a disaster in US agriculture

8. Devastating Result of GM crops in India

9. Monsanto taking ownership of public water

10. Monsanto is now joining big banks and the giant oil companies to pursue the UN so called Agenda 21 for “Global sustainability”

ken dog

ken dog

Yeah, they have some black marks that's for sure... Not to mention the DDT fiasco 50 years ago.
That said, they are an important player in global food production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom