Gavita Pro 1700e Gen2 LED vs Gavita Pro E-Series 1000e DE

• Thread starter 221Budbrothers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Munch517

Munch517

What are your plans for plant training? If you train these plants in the same way you won't get as good of results as you could have and it won't mean much. The LED (and any good bar-style led) should be able to do quite a bit better than the HPS but to get the most requires training the plants to have a fairly even canopy across the whole footprint of the light (I mainline and scrog). I have no personal experience with HPS but it's my understanding that some of the best yields can be had using the "stadium style" training/plant configuration.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I dont really think this is a fair test unless you use multiple fixtures. The gavita de hps fixtures with little baby hoods were designed to be run higher up off the canopy with overlap from multiple sources in mind if I'm not mistaken. I'll see if I can find my old light charts.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Here's part of one lol see if I can find the illustration they did.

Screenshot 20171206 212321

J

Joshk35

Same system, same strain, different lights, results to follow...
I hope the led out yields hps
I would put money on the 1700. I have had to alter my nutrient schedule with the LED's. More N and Cal Mag. Just a heads up!!!
we’re using RDWC?
I dont really think this is a fair test unless you use multiple fixtures. The gavita de hps fixtures with little baby hoods were designed to be run higher up off the canopy with overlap from multiple sources in mind if I'm not mistaken. I'll see if I can find my old light charts.

221Budbrothers

221Budbrothers

What are your plans for plant training? If you train these plants in the same way you won't get as good of results as you could have and it won't mean much. The LED (and any good bar-style led) should be able to do quite a bit better than the HPS but to get the most requires training the plants to have a fairly even canopy across the whole footprint of the light (I mainline and scrog). I have no personal experience with HPS but it's my understanding that some of the best yields can be had using the "stadium style" training/plant configuration.
great info in the diary, appreciate the share. We will cage train, haven’t used nets but kicked it around. We decided to go with the led (hard to go wrong either way) mainly because of the heat

mikeross

mikeross

I don't think this is going to be a fair comparison. The LED is going to come out ahead in both yield and quality. Now through 12 of those leds in a room and through 12 of the DE lights in a room and the DE is going to yield 15-20% more product with a lot less effort than the LED room. LED room though will have slightly better quality in terms of terps and heads. Average smoker though couldn't tell the difference though.

IMO, if production is your only concern LED's aren't there yet. I don't mind spending an extra 2k per room in electricity cost if I'm bringing down an extra 3# on the DE side.

sshz

sshz

LED's are more than there, far out-performing HPS at this point. You just have to know how to go about it. You need to break out of the box, and adjust your grows to bring out the best of the LED's- short plants with an even and thick canopy is the key.

Latest posts

Top Bottom