• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi folks

I have decided its time for me to run a new test.

So, this thread is a full test of 2 x 600 PRO EL 400V lamps and 1 x Pro LEP 300.

I will of course run a full journal for this.

Incase anyone is unsure of these the 600 pro uses a 600w 400v el lamp. Higher par / photon output than a normal 220 v hps.

And the LEP is a 300 w light emitting plasma. Air cooled version as I think the magnetrons would over heat in a small tent.

Has anyone any experience with either of these technologies. I know neither is particularly new, especially the 400v el, but never seen much interns of grow journals.

Pics to follow.

Strains used will be Chemdog D, casy jones, giesel, kq, sour d DNA and ecsd cc.

Normal feed scheme, drippers. Oh, getting smart pots for this run. 4-6 week veg and scrog.

Edit.....
Ok,

I have been going over pricing structures of these units.

I have some great prices that can be offered until the 1st of January 2012, if your in the uk.

Please contact me via pm for details of the store.

You can order online or via the phone but just quote THCGavita to get a great price.

If your in another country then I recommend checking out gavitas web site and looking for a disti in your area.

BCrocker

BCrocker

I have used many Gavita 600's. I didn't know they had a new one out. Looking forward to seeing the results!!

Edit: looking at the Gavita Holland site.. I didn't see the bulbs I have used... Maybe there are two Gavita companies? The ones I have used had a built in reflective coating on top of the bulb.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
No, same company.

They make many type of commercial 3 phase bulb. The built in reflector bulbs exist for a Market where the greenhouse doesn't want to be needing to clean and replace reflectors every couple of seasons.

M

meercat.com

i had the local hydro show one of the 1000 w off to me bulbs fix end to end if am right and ya could drop it down to 600 they r very bright lights but was asking around 500 pounds for the unit.if i was growing for cash ad invest in a few but its onley for myself so no way would i pay that no matter wat the light was like n it was excellent by the way. am north uk mate hope it runs good for ya .

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I grow purely for myself. I just love to experiment especially in science and tech.

Right, shots of promised before they get taken over to the house and installed.

First the Pro 600.

Ballast is local as aposed to remote (which is also available). Its a very light (excuse the pun) unit.

gav600pro_1_.JPG

gav600pro_2_.JPG

gav600pro_3_.JPG

gav600pro_4_.JPG

Next the LEP 300

Measurements as they can not be found anywhere that i can find. 585mm long by 150mm wide. IE 6 inch duct required.

gavlep300_1_.JPG

gavlep300_2_.JPG

gavlep300_3_.JPG

gavlep300_4_.JPG

gavlep300_5_.JPG

gavlep300_6_.JPG

More shots tomorrow when set up.

B

biggs

damn that lep is one crazy looking light herb mate, the bulb looks tiny!!. can't wait to see how they perform.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah man, the bulb or LEP Is about the size of a tic tac.

Installed the lights today, have taken shots but alas my Internet has gone down, haven't figured a way f uploading from iPad yet.

Real cracking lights that DGS have picked up on here.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
totally onboard and following along for this one

G

guerilla415

hello my friend, i dont post much here anymore but I will definitely be following along patiently awaiting some actual first hand results with these units.

I have been more than intrigued with plasma as a indoor grow light for a long time now and Im glad to finally see gavita styepping up and making something that anyone can buy...to this point its been exclusive to big timers in other indoor industries if I remeber correctly.

In am also veryb interested to see your results with the "commercial" model 600, I have been eyeing the 1000w for a minute now...

I think that for the 12kw room i have planned with a huge AC they would be perfect. How many of the 600's are you testing, and how many of the plasma's???

are you going to test them completely seperate, or as a mixed spectrum across the room???

best of luck and thanks for sharing, nothing beats first hand experience ;)

guerilla

Illmind

Illmind

nice, i'll be checkin in as well gavita 600 looks nice. curious to see the plasma in action tho. peace

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey herb, I know you'll do the lights justice, gonna be another interesting grow, see you soon brother.

G81

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks folks

Right update time.

I decided to just run the LEP during veg for now as it doing a grand job filling at 1.5 m tent.

The plants were potted up from rooted clone on 2 oct. Vegged under t5 in seedling pot for 3 days, then about 9 days in 1 lt pot under 600w mhal. Now this is straight after repot into final 11lt smart pots and day 3 of LEP light.

I am amazed at the spread, and the speed in which the plants are now growing. They are going rapid. I will endevour to only veg with the lep then turn the HPS on in flower.

I am thinking of putting a normal hps on the other side of the LEP for comparison. But ideally I want to have 2 leps either side of a dimable Pro 1000.

Anyway on with shots.

First shot is of my little make shift set up for until i relocate fan into eaves, and change that nasty dirty carbon cover.

Second and third are of plants with no flash. Only LEP lighting here.

Next couple are of the plants but with flash.

Second to last is the KQ and lastly a wee giesel.

lep300_day3veg15_total_1_.JPG

lep300_day3veg15_total_2_.JPG

lep300_day3veg15_total_3_.JPG

lep300_day3veg15_total_4_.JPG

lep300_day3veg15_total_5_.JPG

lep300_day3veg15_total_6_.JPG

lep300_day3veg15_total_7_.JPG

G

guerilla415

thanks for the specifics herb...this looks like its gonna be epic, it will definitely probably be the biggest factor in whether I invest in an LEP in the near future, no pressure though ;)

Hey herb, are u still running that sick sick frosty blue moonshine from DP??? Those pics were epic, sorry if I already asked u.

Best of luck, pulling up a chair and grabbing the vaporizer if u dont mind :smoke:

guerilla

C

Cali Grower

yuuup. im definitely back to checking daily now, simply because of this thread. lol should be a good run. can't wait to see results!!

G

guerilla415

the great part about plasma seems to be the fact that it can produce the raw lumens similar to HID's yet are smaller than LED's, and it seems as though the technology can only become more cost effective as more people jump in the game.

Ive yet to see an LED grow that wowed me in any way, however I have already been pretty impressed with the plasma demo's I have seen.

guerilla

D

davidian

Cool, I've been wanting to see one of these gavita plasma lights in action! :)

Is it bright? It doesn't look that bright in the pics.

Ever after

Ever after

you are not testing both of the lamps in the same tent at the same time correct???!!!! that would defeat the purpose of even testing the plasma light.

that looks like the sun... but it also looks like your running the hps on the side maybe but damn if not thats like really pushing out light and those leafs are big

props

please if you are using both lights take the time to test one at a time for all of us.

Ever after

Ever after

no lep in flower? oh please use just that the world is watching!!!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
You can clearly see the hps Is not on from the lack of yellow light, plus the fact I have previously written that I am currently only using the LEP.

The LEP will be the only light used for veg!

I have no where stated that I will not be using the LEP in flower. When flower starts I shall be turing on the pro 600 also.

I would test the LEP on it's own but at the mo I only have the one and I am realistic in thinking it could only yield me max of 300 g, which is about 1.2kg short of my required meds.

But it will still be a great test as not only should I yield more than usual, adding 300 w more light but it should be of even higher quality due to the spectrum.

But whilst I think this will make a great light for small grows to full fluition I think it will serve me better to replace my veg t5 lights with.

But I will do a grow only with the LEP next when my small tent becomes available.

Cheers guys!

I really cant believe how fast this plants are growing under the LEP.

audius

audius

thanks herb for doing this thread as i think this will be the new trend in grow light. i really cant wait till flower time. i am one of those small growers with very limited space & im allways wanting the most bang for the buck. have you had any heat iisues & how is it to cool? thanks bro.

Top Bottom