Gavita pro de 1000

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Whats up guys, been seeing a lot floating around and a buddy who just bought one. Whats the huge buzz about these things and where do they stand compared to adjustawings with traditional Hid hps. I know I heard that they use double ended hps bulbs that last longer and are suppose to run at a lower temperature but what else? Does anyone know how the light footprint/spread is with them? Or how many btus they put out including the ballast in the room? Im very interested but want to get more feedback before I jump in because they are not cheap!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

gosh, the vendor is even here answering questions for you. searchbar!

One Flip

One Flip

I was under the impression the de has a 4x6 footprint.. IMO the efficiency and life of the bulb justifies the purchase. I just made another post saying to took me a little while to get over the fact that I couldn't use the aaw's.. plus I heard they put out a little hotspot underneath... With that being said everyone I talk too loves them so I'm pretty sure these are going to be my next purchase.

There are lots of good threads with people using these.. Midwestdensies uses 600's and has a awesome journal under Harlem's Hideout

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

uh, Whazzup, who works for Gavita (the vendor of product OP asked about) answers the above questions and more in his posts all over this site.

why start new threads before reading those? maybe he didn't know, so i told him about the search bar.

jeez.

One Flip

One Flip

uh, Whazzup, who works for Gavita (the vendor of product OP asked about) answers the above questions and more in his posts all over this site.

why start new threads before reading those? maybe he didn't know, so i told him about the search bar.

jeez.

Drops tons of knowledge in this one -

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/watts-lumens-per-square-foot.4448/

I'll check out the aaw vs gavita. I'm sure the aaw's are capable of more spread and better heat distribution.. But with the proper placement of the gavita's I've also read and seen some amazing results. I really like the life expectancy of the bulb. 5% loss after 5000 hours.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I tried the gavita and the adjusta wings, For a 4x4 (or 4.5x4.5 I run) They both suck, They don't give a very even coverage.But the gavita is noticeably brighter just wont cover a 4.5x4.5 very good in there little hoods. I ended up running all agrotech magnums, There just like the xxxls just not air cooled. They cover very nice. I just got ahold of the agrotech DE hood and plan on putting it up soon. My plan was to do a room half regular bulbs and half gavita all with the same agrtech hoods but sunlight took to long to make the DE hoods. I have a feeling this will be the ultimate open bulb hood, and in the future Im going to get a few more and do a side by side. Hard to get good number with just one hood.

A

AMG63

I have a small flowering room (8X12) and run two of these for the past year with nothing but praise for them. I run two groups of four plants in that space staggered by 4 weeks with one of these each positioned above each group. I consistently net about 12lb wet (harvest day) from 4 plants. I run a home made DWC in 5 gallon pots without any mechanical cooling, vent out by two S&P 8" variable temp controlled fans.

When i expand i will be be staying with this brand for sure.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gavita 1ks throw a 4x6 light pattern but i think where they really shine is when you run several cross lighting each other and higher than your used to normally running lights.Im pretty sure if there was something out there that was better the commercial greenhouse guys would be using it,there is just too much money at stake not too.
For sure no other ballast/lighting company does the R&D and quality control that gavita does,they cant afford too,and id much rather put my faith in something manufactured in a clean room in holland out of the best components available than anything made in china or made out of chinese components.
I recently watched a solis tek/aaw 1k setup run right next to a gavita and the gavita pulled more weight by 13 grams,the kicker for me was the gavita was a 600!I am a fan of solisteks and awings but damn thats a big difference,I guess time will tell.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Yup, I'm almost done with my first run in my gavita room. I'm running 3 pros over a homemade 4x15 trey. Not gonna say anything yet but I'm two weeks from chop and things look niiice. Only thing id say is they run HOT! I have 3 in a room with a 18k btu mini split and it got a little warmer than wanted this summer. Has anyone figured out an exact btu these things out out at 1150w??

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Update* I went an helped my buddy unbox an set up 6 e-paps today and the replaceable hoods look extremely well built and I honestly think the footprint will be a lot more compatable to peoples spaces than the gavitas. Price tag of the e-pap = ouch!

dankworth

dankworth

Update* I went an helped my buddy unbox an set up 6 e-paps today and the replaceable hoods look extremely well built and I honestly think the footprint will be a lot more compatable to peoples spaces than the gavitas. Price tag of the e-pap = ouch!
What's the price per unit to your buddy?
Footprint more square than rectangular?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I didn't even bother asking the man, I know the cheapest I saw one was 615 with free shipping on ebay. the footprint looks more squarish and more solidly built alonf with it looks easier to cool due to the hood allowing more air circulation. I guess I need to try to save my pennies and get a few of these ASAP. They look sweet.

dankworth

dankworth

Given that they are supposed to cover 1.2x1.8 meters(just shy of 4x6 ft) ,and the epap gives a more square footprint, I am guessing that the epap would cover closer to a 5x5 footprint.

I am curious if the epap could be effectively employed closer to the canopy. You need some serious ceiling height to run the regular reflector.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The Epap is supposed to run cooler than the Gavi's...my next room is goin to be (10) Epaps over (6) 4x8 tables scrog'd, 2 rows of three tables and lights on 5' centers, mounted perpendicular to the tables. My rooms are 11'x30'. I think you still need the same 30"+ inches from the canopy tops

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Just started researching the 1000 double ended E pap $ 595.00 includes bulb w free shipping from hydro source made by phillips ... looks like a nice setup and easy cleaning.. any one have any input on these?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I've been doing my math and the price actually is fairly decent for a new product. If you figure for every 3 e-pap or gavita purchased your actually buying an equivalent of 4 ballasts, hoods, and bulbs its pretty similiar. Damn Tex that room is gonna be briiiiight, How many plants do you plan on running per 8x4? Also I'm heading over to my buddies to see the e paps up and running later in the week ill let you guys know if I think they run cooler or not.

Top Bottom