Gavita1650 Led

• Thread starter bigdaddyg8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i have been and continuing to research Gavita 1650 led. besides being pricey, seems to be one of two leds i have been interested in. i know a lot of people don't like making the top 2% any richer and i apologize for that. but personally i need to buy what i think is best for me. if anybody using led's would like to comment on what they think the best design leds for 2018-2019 could possibly be. i appreciate the input!

H

Highkev

i have been and continuing to research Gavita 1650 led. besides being pricey, seems to be one of two leds i have been interested in. i know a lot of people don't like making the top 2% any richer and i apologize for that. but personally i need to buy what i think is best for me. if anybody using led's would like to comment on what they think the best design leds for 2018-2019 could possibly be. i appreciate the input!
I’ll be upgrading my lights soon and I’ll be foundg a cob / quantum board combo. Seems like the way to go from my research. Just my opinion though.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ll be upgrading my lights soon and I’ll be foundg a cob / quantum board combo. Seems like the way to go from my research. Just my opinion though.

Did you find a single unit that incorporates both or are you buying each and building it out yourself? Just curious.

Dan789

Dan789

For me the price/value point has to be as @Highkev mentioned, a cob quantum combo. Am very happy with my main 12 cob 3500k vero 29’s, bought a second smaller aray that has Cree cobs, same 3500k so I’m set pretty good for the space I’ve got. But that’s me, everyone has their own ideas.

S

SnowshoeJoe

There is not much information out there right now. There' are no grow logs online. I was excited to see gavita put out an led line and had high expectations. I've been growing with a black dog phytomax 2 and having really good results.

S

SnowshoeJoe

I recommend holding off on gavita LEDs until the company can put up some better specs about growing, ie proper hanging distance for different stages. And, it would be really nice to see an actual grow under these lights. I jumped on these a little too quick and I'm regretting it now.

H

Highkev

I was leaning towards that before I came across the quantum boardsan
Did you find a single unit that incorporates both or are you buying each and building it out yourself? Just curious.
probably buy and build but would needs lot of help

H

Highkev

I recommend holding off on gavita LEDs until the company can put up some better specs about growing, ie proper hanging distance for different stages. And, it would be really nice to see an actual grow under these lights. I jumped on these a little too quick and I'm regretting it now.
What are u not likening about them? I thought they seemed pretty solid minus the price tag

F

FutureGrower

Why not hlg's quantum boards... bet you could blow your plants out of the sky with the same dollar amount as those gavitas.

But genuinely I would go with fluence they have more led experience. I'm not a fanboy of who owns gavita but if the product is on point it's on point... not enough info out there for me personally and I'm not spending that type of money on a light either.

At the end of the day its whatever you want.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

I have two Gavita LED 1650 s in a 9 by 5 gorilla tent. I'm having a hard time getting them dialed in. The customer service from Hawthorne couldn't be worse. I'm hoping things turned around but I'm regretting my purchase so far.
i was told that with gavita 1650 there is more of a calcium draw. do you have e-series adapter and master controller ?

S

SnowshoeJoe

Yes I have the adapter and a controller. I started off at 50% and probably had them hanging a little bit too high. I ended up with some stretch. I've had pH issues too so I can't blame it all on the light. My complaint is that there's no customer service. Hawthorne doesn't want to deal with the individual buyer and will refer you to your local Hydro Store. Unfortunately, hydro store doesn't know anything about these new lights. I guess you could say I've been in the dark how about my new lights.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Yes I have the adapter and a controller. I started off at 50% and probably had them hanging a little bit too high. I ended up with some stretch. I've had pH issues too so I can't blame it all on the light. My complaint is that there's no customer service. Hawthorne doesn't want to deal with the individual buyer and will refer you to your local Hydro Store. Unfortunately, hydro store doesn't know anything about these new lights. I guess you could say I've been in the dark how about my new lights.
that sucks! fortunately my hydro store guy just set up a grow with these lights?

Freshone

Freshone

Horticulture lighting group quantum boards (HLG550 or HLG600) do everything that Gavita or Fluence will do at half the price.The right Cobs (cree/veros) are great but honestly quantum boards have surpassed them efficiency wise i beleive.
All decent LEDS will eat up alot more calcium than HPS or CMH,also when running LED you will want to run higher room temps up around low 80s.
Good Luck!

B

Burned Haze

Why not hlg's quantum boards... bet you could blow your plants out of the sky with the same dollar amount as those gavitas.

But genuinely I would go with fluence they have more led experience. I'm not a fanboy of who owns gavita but if the product is on point it's on point... not enough info out there for me personally and I'm not spending that type of money on a light either.

At the end of the day its whatever you want.

Fuck bayer, amen

At least fluence costumer service is A+ and are willling to solve your issues and not treating your like a your a b class costumer like bayer plays ( I’m not paying almost 2k a light for that lol) as a tip if you buy a light from fluence you can upgrade their warranty from a years to 5 years ( can’t remember if this 99 bucks or 50 bucks, I did all my lights that way but it was last season, for w/e reason you gotta call em for that option )

If you must have a cert version light : fluence , hlg but if you aren’t a LP/ rec person or fine with non cert but safe LED LIGHTS , I would go with anything with a vero 29 v2 ( cheap and bomb) I have both spydrx and cob’s and both have positives/neg but fuck Gavita since it’s bayer

I made this thread for Gavita led and fluences new version a month ago If you guys wanna check out. Was hoping for more input and info but not many people yet/info yet.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/gavita-pro-1650e-led-vs-spydr-2i-p.100764/

Last edited by a moderator:
Pileit

Pileit

So far we really like the gavita. Will be trying fluence 2i next. They are surpassing the fluence spydr x plus and kinds so far. We are 2 weeks in to second flower. First rrun was excellent.

Top Bottom