Gavita1650 Led

• Thread starter bigdaddyg8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So far we really like the gavita. Will be trying fluence 2i next. They are surpassing the fluence spydr x plus and kinds so far. We are 2 weeks in to second flower. First rrun was excellent.
I will never KNOWINGLY support any company owned in part or in whole by Bayer/Monsanto/Scotts, etc. I would rather buy an import than support those bastards! (they are buying their way into the cannabis market). Gravita was sold last year!

Pileit

Pileit

I will never KNOWINGLY support any company owned in part or in whole by Bayer/Monsanto/Scotts, etc. I would rather buy an import than support those bastards! (they are buying their way into the cannabis market). Gravita was sold last year!
We were not aware of this at the time. We are now looking at the 2i for future upgrade. We Will do some research into the hlg quantum boards as well.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

We were not aware of this at the time. We are now looking at the 2i for future upgrade. We Will do some research into the hlg quantum boards as well.
I am a small home grower and I use HLG and clones almost exclusively (+ an older Nextlight Mini and a Unit Farms UFO 80 (Cress and Oshram but imported )
Nextlight was the 1st, I believe, and HLG knocked them off. I have recently been trying the Atrium 288's (Sammy 301B top shelf) with the same great results.

Pileit

Pileit

The gavita may be the enemy, but after growing with spydr x and kind 1000s< I am truly impressed. Just ordered fluence 2i and hope it is as capable as the gavita. Going to look into hlg as well. The gavita has made me belive the led technology has surpassed de hps. Side by side with gavita hps de 1000 the new 1650 led has blown doors both in quantity and quality.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Super nice work! Dont see many plants like that grown with led posted.

No hate intended here but does anyone have pics of buds like that with HLG boards?

I have seen some cob grows with fully expressed huge flowers but not quantum boards.

Again. Beautiful plant sir!

Pileit

Pileit

Thankyou MIMEDGrower. there have been many many unsuccessful attempts that no pics get taken. This room has been a delight. Wish I could guarantee the good runs over and over, would be bullshitting you though.

Madmax

Madmax

So how you guys going with the 1650.any good grows going on to follow..

Cheers max..

Madmax

Madmax

Hi mate .could you tell us a little bit about your grow & light setup .distance etc... or have you a grow diary going i could have a geezer in.
Very interested in how these lights perform..my room is only 5x5 with ceiling 2140cm..is that pounds bro .im pretty new to indoors and some of the terminology catches me out..so still learning.. have not grown anything yet but have outside for 30 odd yrs.i have a 6/750 but dont think its suited to the room..have been told by the knowledgable gurus on here to change reflector for the room and see how that goes and if my future grows dont turn out so well i might look at getting this light as it more suitable i think for my space...

Cheers max

Anthem

Anthem

Hi mate .could you tell us a little bit about your grow & light setup .distance etc... or have you a grow diary going i could have a geezer in.
Very interested in how these lights perform..my room is only 5x5 with ceiling 2140cm..is that pounds bro .im pretty new to indoors and some of the terminology catches me out..so still learning.. have not grown anything yet but have outside for 30 odd yrs.i have a 6/750 but dont think its suited to the room..have been told by the knowledgable gurus on here to change reflector for the room and see how that goes and if my future grows dont turn out so well i might look at getting this light as it more suitable i think for my space...

Cheers max
The 1650 will work fine in a 5' x 5' flower. I have them spaced at 4.5' x 5'. You have to use Co2 to get high yield. Kind of surprised no one has high jacked this thread recommending the King Brites LED's. The gavitas do not have much information in regards to height to plant etc. But in my experience with Fluence, Gavita and Growers Choice really do not have that much information as well. The Gavitas work well as close at 12" late in flower

Madmax

Madmax

Ok cool.Thanks bro.not sure i can use co2 as rooms not sealed.prolly best to get 3 yrs or so under my belt before trying it out..
I do have an expectation of say 24 ounces from 4 plants 8 week veg 8week flower etc.. would that b gettable without using co2.

Anthem

Anthem

Ok cool.Thanks bro.not sure i can use co2 as rooms not sealed.prolly best to get 3 yrs or so under my belt before trying it out..
I do have an expectation of say 24 ounces from 4 plants 8 week veg 8week flower etc.. would that b gettable without using co2.
Do not waste your money on the Gavitas if you are not going to run CO2. The plants need the COs because of the PPFD/MOL's the light is putting out. Take a look at something like HLG if you are not going to run CO2.

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks mate..well that made my mind up quickly....thanks for the heads up..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do not waste your money on the Gavitas if you are not going to run CO2. The plants need the COs because of the PPFD/MOL's the light is putting out. Take a look at something like HLG if you are not going to run CO2.
I see this all the time. Ppl over lighting a room but if it's on dimmers you can get a little more efficiency lol. Not that it's worth it. 100% agree with you

Top Bottom