Gender? Also when do I flip to flower?

• Thread starter my_secret_garden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

Hey All

Please see first 3 photos, I have topped it a few times and growth has been great, I've noticed these little brown bits on the calyx but it looks like they're dying rather than pistols?

First time so I'm seeing these things for the first time it would be awesome if someone could help explain what's happening

Gender also when do i flip to flower
Gender also when do i flip to flower 3
Gender also when do i flip to flower 2

This is the overall size of the plant so I'm really just wondering when is the best time to flip it to flower, looks like there are a lot of sites on the plant
Gender also when do i flip to flower 4

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

When to flips up to you. Let's say they stretch x3 their height have u enough head height ect. You get pre flowers when it's old enough. If not they'll come when u flip. Your wanting 2 wispy hairs not a ball on step image a snails eye. That's a male. Nuggz

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

When to flips up to you. Let's say they stretch x3 their height have u enough head height ect. You get pre flowers when it's old enough. If not they'll come when u flip. Your wanting 2 wispy hairs not a ball on step image a snails eye. That's a male. Nuggz

Can you only tell the gender of the plant when it's in flower? And those little brown spots on (What I believe to be) the calyx is that death of them or a normal process?

Thanks for responding so quickly mate

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

When you top it give it 7 days to recover. As far as flipping it to flower its whenever you feel like it. I get a tape measure when the plant is about 2 to 3 feet closer to 2 1/2 i flip it cause it will double.

thcoso

thcoso

Flip them when you are 60% the height you want them to be at harvest. For simple numbers, if your max height is 10 feet, then flip them when they are 6 feet tall. Obviously, those numbers are far larger than any normal tent would allow, but it demonstrates the ratio using easy numbers. Just multiply your total height you have available using this formula: height X 0.6 = your flip height.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I mean I don't thinknita an issue but more curious... hopefully someone can chime in with a reason.

Again I wouldn't worry over it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Homesteader @Dirtbag @sshz ?

I would tag @MIMedGrower but I know he hates that shit šŸ˜

Maybe some insight for me so I don't stay up all night thinking.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Perhaps it was damaged when the plant was bent. The others look good?

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

I mean I don't thinknita an issue but more curious... hopefully someone can chime in with a reason.

Again I wouldn't worry over it.

Oh I get you now those wee toasty brown bits at the node. Yeah that's the second part of my question I guess

Here's 5 days of humidity (Dark red line)

And the same 5 days temperature

The peaks here are 26.5 and the lows 22 with way last week being 21

Nutrients are 780ppm 5.5PH

I did raise the light this evening some more along with the fresh nutrients to see if that helps

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh I get you now those wee toasty brown bits at the node. Yeah that's the second part of my question I guess

Here's 5 days of humidity (Dark red line)
View attachment 1092911

And the same 5 days temperature

View attachment 1092912
The peaks here are 26.5 and the lows 22 with way last week being 21

Nutrients are 780ppm 5.5PH

I did raise the light this evening some more along with the fresh nutrients to see if that helps
Light could do that. Are they good lower down?

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

dont know. Maybe stress at the cut and lst site? I have seen them burn but because of high nutes.

Will see how it goes, I put in a fresh batch of nutrients, it's strange because they are on the same feeding plan for 2 weeks now moving on to third but this issue only showed to me in the last 2-3 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom