General Help with ppm and nutrients

• Thread starter sygns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sygns

Hey guys, so I use general hydro's floro trio w/ botanicare cal-mag. I use about a full pipette 1-2 times per nute so roughly 3-5 ml. I use RO water. I PH to around 6.1-6.4. My soil is 7.0. My Runoff is 5.1, but my TDS ppm is reading crazy @ >4000 ppm. I have already started to flush thinking it's salt build-up. Is there any way to remediate this any faster than just flushing with ph'd water. I'm concerned since I use recycled soil maybe the plants may suffer from a lack of nutrients. other than this minor "inconvenience" of ppm reading, the plants look decent. Is there maybe a better nutrient brand out there I should consider since I'm almost out of what I have?

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Hey guys, so I use general hydro's floro trio w/ botanicare cal-mag. I use about a full pipette 1-2 times per nute so roughly 3-5 ml. I use RO water. I PH to around 6.1-6.4. My soil is 7.0. My Runoff is 5.1, but my TDS ppm is reading crazy @ >4000 ppm. I have already started to flush thinking it's salt build-up. Is there any way to remediate this any faster than just flushing with ph'd water. I'm concerned since I use recycled soil maybe the plants may suffer from a lack of nutrients. other than this minor "inconvenience" of ppm reading, the plants look decent. Is there maybe a better nutrient brand out there I should consider since I'm almost out of what I have?
So you reuse soil and wonder why you are having problems?
Yes more than likely there is some salt build up on the soil. I have no idea how to fix it because I would never reuse soil. It is just not worth the cost savings

Silk689

Silk689

What exactly do you mean by re-cycled soil? Soil that a grow was previously used in etc? And why did u decide to use recycled soil? Was it because of a cost saving? Or some sort of organic reasoning??

S

sygns

So you reuse soil and wonder why you are having problems?
Yes more than likely there is some salt build up on the soil. I have no idea how to fix it because I would never reuse soil. It is just not worth the cost savings
Yea basically. FF was getting pricey at the time. It has since come down in price and I just got a new bag. Would it be wise to transplant to fresh soil? And flush?

Latest posts

Top Bottom