General Hydroponics Flora 3 part

• Thread starter TheMadHatter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheMadHatter

So after trying a few different brands of nutrients, I decided to give General Hydroponics 3 part a try and I'm going to use H&G Root Excelerator and also a Cal Mag not sure witch one tho, I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible.

My question is, Is there anything else I should use with them?
Also what Cal Mag everyone likes?

I plan to grow OG. In buckets in one room and the other room is going to be 4 4x4 flood trays.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
GH products are great! You might need some ph up/down, Liquid KoolBloom, sweeteners, etc.? It can get over the top but keep it simple. In my GH Aeroflo unit, I also use a lil SM-90 to make sure I don't have any issues with rot and for a wetting agent.

I use a lil MagiCal from Technaflora, if needed. I would stay away from CalMag, it is crap imvho!

On a side note:
I use a modified Rez's recipe or the bloom & micro and a few additives such as GH's Floralicious Grow, superthrive, etc. I don't usually use the green bottle since the micro has plenty of nitrogen already in it, but for some bigger trees you might need to add some grow(green bottle).

I use GH for soilless mediums and hydroponics. I believe GH products make the most stickiest and frosted buds of any nutrients out, that just been my observation and experience. Gotta flush 14 daze and you'll have clean burning amazing smoke. Best of luck and happy harvest! :smiley_joint:

H

Hash Man

if you are trying to keep it simple why not use the tried and true.. gh 3 part plus koolbloom and floraliscious... cant go wrong with products that are made to go with each other.... lots of times u wont need camag when you use of the 3 part...

J

Jalisco Kid

With those kushes I would have some calmag around. Lucas formula without the grow would stunt an og and hold you back on a tree grow. JK

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
GH 3 part is pretty awesome man.. I use it:)

10 week strains :big_boss:
Chemdog,OGK,Diesel,Casey Jones etc

Veg -:icon_cookie:
week 1 5-2.5-2.5-400/600
week 2 10-5-3- 600/800
week 3 12-6-3 800/1000 (continue week 3 formula if additional veg time is required.)

Bloom -:icon_cookie:
week 1 6-6-10- 800/1200
week 2 3-7-12 - 1000/1400
week 3 3-8-14 - 1000/1400
week 4 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 5 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 6 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 7 (discussed in detail below*)
week 8 0-7-20 - 1000/1400 Only Floralicious Bloom & Liguid KoolBloom

week 9 and 10 - plain ph'd water

* During week 7 if not using a booster like Superbud, Bushmaster Kabloom etc. run 2.5-7-18. I use MOAB (Mother of All Blooms) or BushMaster at 50% of recommended strength, and use 1.25-3.5-9 for the fert base.

All of these but the (powder kool bloom or MOAB) listed below are to be in conjunction with the GH3part up untill week 7 in bloom.

200ml of each for 40gallon reservoir

CalMag 5ml per gallon
Liquid Kool Bloom 5ml per gallon
Floralicious Bloom 5ml per gallon
Flora Blend 5 ml per gallon

*Dry KoolBloom 2 1/2 Tablespoons per 40 gal rez

PH 5.5-6.0
nutrient temp solution 68-72 deg

I use RO water so Cal Mag is a must

Recently I have ditched the Floralicious Bloom and have been using Bud Candy by advanced..

Last round I used MOAB instead of the Powder Kool Bloom and had better results:) I was most impressed with what it did to my casey jones
casey_jones_8_weeks_7-18-09_013.jpg

G

grodankushman

gtd

why bushmaster so late? do you do it the first feeding of flower/slightly into the stretch?

and how do you feel about it? ive been wanting to try some HCO products for a while because ive heard good things, but i would love to get a first hand thumbs up. would love to try gravity on my outdoor garden this year before harvest. any experience with it?

gk :afroweed:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
gtd

why bushmaster so late? do you do it the first feeding of flower/slightly into the stretch?

and how do you feel about it? ive been wanting to try some HCO products for a while because ive heard good things, but i would love to get a first hand thumbs up. would love to try gravity on my outdoor garden this year before harvest. any experience with it?

gk :afroweed:
You can use bushmaster as a bud booster during week 7 for 10 week strains:)
I have used bushmaster as a vertical growth stopper literally.. It stops vertical and makes em bush out... Or you can us it as a Bud Booster..1 or the other... I have never used gravity.. I think MOAB seems to work best for bulking them buds up imo..

The Joker

The Joker

Interesting on the MOAB, I've been using liquid Koolbloom , but just tried the combo, liquid in the beginning and powder for the last few weeks . I got rid of the floralicious and use budswell. In waterfarms , the floralicious and liquid karma just settle to the bottoms of the tanks and rez. Way better taste with the budswell.

I'll check out the MOAB. Maybe in Berkeley.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
hey GTD. where did you source the MOAB??

my local hydro store carries it in stock.. I believe its sourced down in so cal tho.. Glad it made its way up here :passingjoint:

Interesting on the MOAB, I've been using liquid Koolbloom , but just tried the combo, liquid in the beginning and powder for the last few weeks . I got rid of the floralicious and use budswell. In waterfarms , the floralicious and liquid karma just settle to the bottoms of the tanks and rez. Way better taste with the budswell.

I'll check out the MOAB. Maybe in Berkeley.

During week 7 joker I hit my shit with liquid and the powder in conjunction with each other really makes em swell up.. Recently last to grows I have used moab in place of powder kool bloom:harvest:
I hit em with 5ml per gallon of liquid. a total of 200 ml for my 40 gallon rezzy
then 2.5 tablespoons for my 40 gallon rezzy them buds really swell up then.. again this is for a 10 week strain.

Are your waterfarms recirculating.. Or are they just individual set ups
:passingjoint:

GTD

The Joker

The Joker

They were recirculating but now they are each hooked up to the Rez. Connected to each other , I couldn't move them around. I may go back to being recirculating .

T

TheMadHatter

Is there a differnce between GH 3 part and AN 3 part? besides the money with is obvious.

Venom818

Venom818

Good info guys.
Jalisco kid -U dont think the lucas formula would work for OG KUSH or would use the 3part gh nutes.
THANX

J

Jalisco Kid

I would always use a 3 part for more control. OG like N which is a little week in that formula. You might be able to flower with it.

2fast4u2

2fast4u2

ive grown with clones for sometime now, and i can say one thing. GH flora series rocks.

Im a lucas whore, has never failed me, ever, no matter the plant. Ive grown side by side with just flora micro and bloom, and then ive gone the 3 part route with supplements.

Honestly, ive never yielded any more with added supplements, as best i can tell. But i only tried that on one pheno, so maybe other strains could respond differently???

who knows, lol.

M

Mindbender

Talk about bud BOOST

GH 3 part is pretty awesome man.. I use it:)

10 week strains :big_boss:
Chemdog,OGK,Diesel,Casey Jones etc

Veg -:icon_cookie:
week 1 5-2.5-2.5-400/600
week 2 10-5-3- 600/800
week 3 12-6-3 800/1000 (continue week 3 formula if additional veg time is required.)

Bloom -:icon_cookie:
week 1 6-6-10- 800/1200
week 2 3-7-12 - 1000/1400
week 3 3-8-14 - 1000/1400
week 4 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 5 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 6 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 7 (discussed in detail below*)
week 8 0-7-20 - 1000/1400 Only Floralicious Bloom & Liguid KoolBloom

week 9 and 10 - plain ph'd water

* During week 7 if not using a booster like Superbud, Bushmaster Kabloom etc. run 2.5-7-18. I use MOAB (Mother of All Blooms) or BushMaster at 50% of recommended strength, and use 1.25-3.5-9 for the fert base.

All of these but the (powder kool bloom or MOAB) listed below are to be in conjunction with the GH3part up untill week 7 in bloom.

200ml of each for 40gallon reservoir

CalMag 5ml per gallon
Liquid Kool Bloom 5ml per gallon
Floralicious Bloom 5ml per gallon
Flora Blend 5 ml per gallon

*Dry KoolBloom 2 1/2 Tablespoons per 40 gal rez

PH 5.5-6.0
nutrient temp solution 68-72 deg

I use RO water so Cal Mag is a must

Recently I have ditched the Floralicious Bloom and have been using Bud Candy by advanced..

Last round I used MOAB instead of the Powder Kool Bloom and had better results:) I was most impressed with what it did to my casey jones
casey_jones_8_weeks_7-18-09_013.jpg

GT Danny,

I'm 30 days into flowering my 1st run Purple Kush. The girls are really doing great running 3 part GH. Currently on the Micro & Bloom regimate for Agressive Bloom. PPM @ 1290. I just topped of the 40 gallon Res since I'm away this weekend. On Sunday I will be changing out the res, do a flush, my system is drip, and wanted to get feedback for two things: Should I add a Bloom buster? is so what do you recommend? Next, when should I expect to finish, meaning when do I stop the feeding, flush, and go only PH water? I have added a pic taken a couple days ago.

Any one else care to chime in?

IMGP0487
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
GT Danny,

I'm 30 days into flowering my 1st run Purple Kush. The girls are really doing great running 3 part GH. Currently on the Micro & Bloom regimate for Agressive Bloom. PPM @ 1290. I just topped of the 40 gallon Res since I'm away this weekend. On Sunday I will be changing out the res, do a flush, my system is drip, and wanted to get feedback for two things: Should I add a Bloom buster? is so what do you recommend? Next, when should I expect to finish, meaning when do I stop the feeding, flush, and go only PH water? I have added a pic taken a couple days ago.

Any one else care to chime in?

hey bud.. So your about 4 weeks in to flower.. Purple Kush goes for but 70 days is a pretty good number for chems, ogs, kushes etc... Least thats when I like to chop.. I hit em week 7 & 8 with a bud booster.. I like MOAB:) but KoolBloom has good results to. then I flush for 2 weeks.. I hit em and I hit em hard with my bud booster.. Really any high P/K will do ya fine

:passingjoint:

GTD

Top Bottom