General questions about growing autos

• Thread starter Snapper37
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snapper37

Snapper37

Hello there, I was wondering what the community’s thoughts were on the best growing mediums for high yielding auto flowering strains.
Just wondering what mixes and additives has worked well for you guys in the past for the medium.

cocoa, soil, soil-less?
What are you guys puttin in the mixes? Preferably the most cost effective

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Good morning snapper , I only grow Auto's, and the only medium I use is Coco, with 1/3rd perlite mix. Then the nutes are simple canna nutes A&B mixed with pH d water. And any flowering nutes when the time is right .
On this one you can just see the mini Coco pot it started in, then straight in 8ltr. Fabric pot.

IMG 20200126 113139
IMG 20200126 113216
Snapper37

Snapper37

Good morning snapper , I only grow Auto's, and the only medium I use is Coco, with 1/3rd perlite mix. Then the nutes are simple canna nutes A&B mixed with pH d water. And any flowering nutes when the time is right .
On this one you can just see the mini Coco pot it started in, then straight in 8ltr. Fabric pot.

Good morning to you, goodnight for me😅😅

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful plants, you make it sound easy.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Oh well coca is easy to work with , but I do check my ppm and my Rh my Ro, and yes everything seems to run smoothly.
But the ppl. On this site are very helpful, and always ready to help.
Do you have anything growing atm?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I run autos in soil, in less than ideal conditions, in my opinion you can have good results in most mediums, the question is how much time do you have to garden, coco prolly will see best growth but requires the most work, you have total control, soil can be a little less work if done correctly.
There are some really great growers here on the farm who like to help, welcome

Snapper37

Snapper37

Oh well coca is easy to work with , but I do check my ppm and my Rh my Ro, and yes everything seems to run smoothly.
But the ppl. On this site are very helpful, and always ready to help.
Do you have anything growing atm?
So I got random free (prolly shitty ass) seed in my bud. Planted that bish, made a micro trash can grow. F***d up the pH from the start. (Growing with no testing tools, I got everything I need now)

The tiny plant has had rollercoaster from nute lock out to now nute deficiency. 3 of my leafs died pretty quick (5 weeks minimum growth) then I said screw it put some nutes in the plant right before I thought it was gonna die. (Last night). This morning I look and there is a bunch of new growth, small but noticeable. Check out this very sad 5 weeks seedling😂

start from finish
It was stunted very early and I spent the whole time babying the plant and also perfecting the environment in my trash can.

87AAA0B3 CA27 459A 86F4 C8A803099D8B
7BD0F170 E490 49DB 933F DB563BA2DF19
7E4D8919 22E5 45AF ABBD 33AC02EB31FB
BudsAlive

BudsAlive

I run autos in soil, in less than ideal conditions, in my opinion you can have good results in most mediums, the question is how much time do you have to garden, coco prolly will see best growth but requires the most work, you have total control, soil can be a little less work if done correctly.
There are some really great growers here on the farm who like to help, welcome
I'd thought about soil, maybe when I've mastered Coco , oh and the rest of the sack 🤭 I'll give it a go, watering does get tiring, and needs real commitment.

Snapper37

Snapper37

I'd thought about soil, maybe when I've mastered Coco , oh and the rest of the sack 🤭 I'll give it a go, watering does get tiring, and needs real commitment.

Trust me. With the struggle I put myself through with this first plant, everything else will be a cake walk. Literally ever 1-3 hours I spray down the garbage can because the air gets dry so quick with the pc fan hooked up to an outlet. ( has no speed control). I made it a huge goal of mine to not let the plant die. I think deficiencies got to it over time. I have no clue what the root system is like. I bet it’s almost non existent

About how often do you water you cocoa?
Stage by stage with the plant? Just estimates. I know you should only water when needed

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Every day, at the moment these are 14 days old, and have about 200mls twice a day, then it builds up slowly, my others at the back have 1.5 LTRs every day

IMG 20200127 211621
BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Yes, I can't believe how fast it's growing, and it was a freebie, Bonus 😄 The strain is Royal Gorilla and açcording to data, finishes in 7/8 week's, so we will see. I never believe what they predict. My other Auto's at the back ( Royal Dwarf ) data said 8/9 weeks, I'm now in week 14 !!, and they still have a week or so to go.

Top Bottom