Genesis 1000w Mh Bulb Trips Fuse

• Thread starter hamphealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hamphealth

hamphealth

I have a Lumatek LK1000 Dimmable electronic Ballast. I have a Raptor Air-Cooled Reflector with 4" ducts. Both are about four years old and operate well with normal HID bulbs: from a Hortilux 1000W HPS to a Xtrasun 600 W MH. I purchased a Genesis 1000W MH high output digital bulb. I installed it and it fits perfectly. I dialed the Ballast to 1000W. I plugged the Ballast in and the light flicked on and started warming up. It ran for about an hour and then turned off. One of the fuse breakers on the Ballast had flipped. I waited and then tried again, same result. I did speak with a Rep from Genesis and he said that my Ballast would work. Any thoughts about what may be causing the fuse breaker to flip?

Genesis 1000w mh bulb trips fuse
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have a Lumatek LK1000 Dimmable electronic Ballast. I have a Raptor Air-Cooled Reflector with 4" ducts. Both are about four years old and operate well with normal HID bulbs: from a Hortilux 1000W HPS to a Xtrasun 600 W MH. I purchased a Genesis 1000W MH high output digital bulb. I installed it and it fits perfectly. I dialed the Ballast to 1000W. I plugged the Ballast in and the light flicked on and started warming up. It ran for about an hour and then turned off. One of the fuse breakers on the Ballast had flipped. I waited and then tried again, same result. I did speak with a Rep from Genesis and he said that my Ballast would work. Any thoughts about what may be causing the fuse breaker to flip?
Probably defective bulb... i would see if you can get a replacement.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Check out ultra sun! They are super cheap and out of the 100+ bulbs i have bought from them i have had maybe 1 or 2 that were defective. Hortilux will last an extra grow but if you want to save a few bucks ultra sun is a great option.

hiboy

hiboy

Since your upping to 1000 watts and it's not a dead short meaning instantly trips when plugged in its possible that your overloading that breaker
Hb

hamphealth

hamphealth

It's possible but the circuit breaker is not flipping only the internal Ballast breaker (white buttons on Ballast in above picture on my original post in this thread.) I currently have a hortilux 1000W HPS bulb running in the same Ballast without a problem.

hamphealth

hamphealth

I may have found the issue. I may have been using the wrong power cord from a different Ballast. I corrected the situation. I am currently at 1.5 hours of continuous operation of the Genesis 1000W bulb.

hamphealth

hamphealth

The Ballast breaker tripped again, twice within an hour with the Genesis Bulb. I pulled the Genesis and I put a 600W Xtrasun MH in and started it up. I think the Ballast/hood can handle it.

I think I may need a new Ballast/hood.

What light setup should I get for a 5x5x6 flower tent? Low ceiling-pitched roof. Roof Qube 120cmx120cmx180cm. I like devices that are multi-purpose.

In the meantime day 35 flower :

IMG 2025
Top Bottom