germinating alien gernades and alien purple kush

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

WHEN I GERMINATE, I DONT PRE SOAK SEEDS. I USE RAPID ROOTER PLUGS WITH A DOME COVER AND A HEATING MAT. THE DOME ALWAYS FOGGS UP DUE TO HUMIDITY SO THE TEMP IS RIGHT BUT HERES WHERE IM LOST. DO I ADD THE T5S RIGHT AWAY? IVE BEEN TOLD SEEDS NEED HUMIDITY AND DARKNESS TO GROW, SO THE LLIGHT NEEDS TO WAIT UNTIL THEY HAVE SPROUTED. BUT SOME PEOPLE TELL ME I NEED THE T5S ON AS SOON AS THE SEEDS GO INTO THE RAPID ROOTER PLUGS AND THE DOME GOES ON BECAUSE THE SEEDS NEED LIGHT TO SEE IN ORDER TO CRACK THE SEED THEIR IN AND GROW UPWARDS... PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!! I GOT 11 ALIEN GRENADES AND 11 PURPLE ALIEN KUSH AND I WANT THEM ALL TO GERMINATE.

i know this is a easy question but i dont know the answer. if someone could help me out, id appricaite it allot. thanks guys!!

waayne

waayne

vangs first off I'd make sure not to overheat them with the heat mat..... mid 70 degree temps in the media is
what I shoot for.....I like to use heat mats as well......

Cannabis seeds do not need any light to germinate ,just a little warmth and moisture

Some people always germinate in paper towels,then transfer the sprouts into their preferred media
This is not my preferred method ,but a lot of growers germinate seeds this way with very good results.......

They will definitely need light from your T5's as soon as they emerge from your starter cubes

That dome needs to come off as soon as they emerge or you'll run the risk of them stretching and getting gangly....

datDANK

datDANK

WHEN I GERMINATE I SOAK SEEDS FOR 1 OR 2 DAYS IN A SHOT GLASS WITH DISTILLED MAKING SURE THEY ARE FLOATING AND NOT SINKING. I WILL PUT A SINGLE GRAIN OF DRIED KELP IN THERE. YOU WILL SEE TAP ROOTS POKING OUT IN 24 HRS. ALSO SOME BEANS WILL STAY PARTLY SHUT AND THIS IS WHERE A HUMAN CAN ASSIST A SEED THAT WOULD HAD NORMALLY DIED. I DON'T USE A HEAT MAT CUZ ITS VERY DANGEROUS YOU WILL FRY YOUR SEEDS OR SOG THEM UP SOMETIMES 100% OF THE TIME . T5S RIGHT AWAY BUT NOT TOO CLOSE MAYBE A HALF A FOOT AWAY FOR STARTERS. YOU GOTTA BE CAREFUL ABOUT KEEPING THINGS TOO SOGGY. ALIEN GRANADES ARE EXPESIVE AS SHIT 155+ANOTHER 50. WOULD BE WISE TO PRACTICE ON SOME BAGSEEDS OR MAYBE 1 SEED AT A TIME FIRST. I EVEN FRIED MY FIRST 3 NADES. THEY WERE SPROUTING BUT I FORGOT ABOUT THEM AND THEY FRIED. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN TAP ROOTS WITHIN 3 DAYS YOUR EXPENSIVE SEEDS HAVE SOGGED UP AND ROTTED.. WHICH MEANS THEY ARE DEAD

L.Burna

L.Burna

Soaking your beans in water is by far the better method!! Always had 90-100 % success rate within one day. Both floating and non floating beans germinate... Paper towel method doesn't compare, at least not for me. I don't have any t5s so I go straight for my 400w light as soon as they crack the shell.. Only takes about 1 day for it to sprout out of the soil after its been planted so having your light on ASAP is always good... No humidity or heat mat needed unless your cloning...

U

Underground

Until you have leaves, light does nothing except provide a (dry)heat source.

L.Burna

L.Burna

Don't think having a light on will do any harm if your room temps are good..one or two days sure won't make a difference.. if i use a 400w, don't think those t5s are gonna hurt. I sure don't have any problems...

TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist

I have found that lower temps improve germination rates.

If you think about where your genetics originated from and then look at the soil temperature for that region of the Earth, you will see below 70F temperatures.

Check map pic and the legend picture below. If you notice that most of the USA has temps around 50F to 65F.

Greencasttodayna500
Legend 500x25
datDANK

datDANK

I have found that lower temps improve germination rates.

If you think about where your genetics originated from and then look at the soil temperature for that region of the Earth, you will see below 70F temperatures.

Check map pic and the legend picture below. If you notice that most of the USA has temps around 50F to 65F.

that would make not much sense.. might slightly some sense. most new hot gear originates from a indoor grow room. the more landrace a strain is then I would try to mimic its origins

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE GIVE COMPLETELY STONED RANDOM ADVICE

TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist

that would make not much sense.. might slightly some sense. most new hot gear originates from a indoor grow room. the more landrace a strain is then I would try to mimic its origins

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE GIVE COMPLETELY STONED RANDOM ADVICE

That is based on over 28 years of experience...I was stating MY experience with germination..I love it when people ASSUME shit, and also speak out of there ass......it is good to know that "Argument from IGNORANCE" is still alive and well....ROFL!!

datDANK

datDANK

28 YEARS?? god damn.. you must be a master.. any tips on more female than male seed poppin ratios? what are some of your favorite strains..

C

Chance Last

vangs first off I'd make sure not to overheat them with the heat mat..... mid 70 degree temps in the media is
what I shoot for.....I like to use heat mats as well......

Cannabis seeds do not need any light to germinate ,just a little warmth and moisture

Some people always germinate in paper towels,then transfer the sprouts into their preferred media
This is not my preferred method ,but a lot of growers germinate seeds this way with very good results.......

They will definitely need light from your T5's as soon as they emerge from your starter cubes

That dome needs to come off as soon as they emerge or you'll run the risk of them stretching and getting gangly....
Okay..after i got seeds to sprout and put in rw cubes. I put the cover on tray with holes completely closed or will they need to be open a little? Going under t5 immediately. You said remove dome after they reach a couple inches tall?? Or am i misreading? Thx bud! Any help or feedback appreciated..never use seed only clones previously

C

Chance Last

Okay..after i got seeds to sprout and put in rw cubes. I put the cover on tray with holes completely closed or will they need to be open a little? Going under t5 immediately. You said remove dome after they reach a couple inches tall?? Or am i misreading? Thx bud! Any help or feedback appreciated..never use seed only clones previously
THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR INFO..SEEED GREEN HORN HERE! I am waiting any responses and checking regular. PEACE

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

I don't think Wayne posts on here much anymore that thread is a few years old. But to answer your question you can crack the vent on the dome a little but not much. I'd leave the dome on till they are at least a couple inches tall. Seedlings are very delicate and the extra moisture in the air from the dome really helps them in the first few days. Some seedlings are a little stronger and don't need the pampering but to max out your survival rate you need to keep conditions optimum. I usually leave the dome on till I see the third set of leaves start to poke their heads out. You can pull it earlier but that always worked for me.

william76

william76

I'd take the dome off as soon as the last seed breaks ground,any longer can cause damping off,pythium etc,waaynes advice is sound!I wouldnt call anybody a master grower,but if I did it would be him!he's been at it longer than most,and kills it everytime, 76

C

Chance Last

I don't think Wayne posts on here much anymore that thread is a few years old. But to answer your question you can crack the vent on the dome a little but not much. I'd leave the dome on till they are at least a couple inches tall. Seedlings are very delicate and the extra moisture in the air from the dome really helps them in the first few days. Some seedlings are a little stronger and don't need the pampering but to max out your survival rate you need to keep conditions optimum. I usually leave the dome on till I see the third set of leaves start to poke their heads out. You can pull it earlier but that always worked for me.
Cool! Thanks mayo! Another question for you. Unfortunately the only domes I have are like 8 inches tall or 7ish maybe..idk. you knw what i mean I'm sure. Will t5 sitting directly on top of that be close enough? I got my beans to pop and put them in 1"rw cubes &delicately covered them with lil pieces of rw yesterday. The temp in room is ranging from 68-75ish. Have other clones i got in 4 " cubes also so trying to get my co2 burner going in there aswell which is sure to warm up room a bit. Humidity has been 50-65ish so far. Any advice on temp,humidity and co2 levels appreciated from anyone who's reading this. Followed Capulator's advice on getting them this far and been GREAT. THANKS CAP!

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

That will be close enough. I have an eight bulb 4' t5 that sits approximately 1' above the dome and it works just fine. The dome will also keep the temps up during early germ/growth. Sounds like you are gonna be fine.

C

Chance Last

That will be close enough. I have an eight bulb 4' t5 that sits approximately 1' above the dome and it works just fine. The dome will also keep the temps up during early germ/growth. Sounds like you are gonna be fine.
AWESOME! SO FAR, SO GOOD! Blue dream looking nice already. Now waiting on the Bub Gummer, Burmese and Royal flush :) CANT WAIT..YUM YUMS.. LOL Thanks for reply though. Got my co2 kicking and its definitely helping keep temps up in there as well as humidity. Looking forward to having some pretty moms Mayo. I'm sure I'll be back to ask you more.THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP

Top Bottom