Germination problems

• Thread starter pura
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pura

pura

I am having germination problems and looking for advise.
I have set down 35 beans and only a few have cracked..using the paper towel method. Not to sure if its the beans that are weak, (most likely not, they're OGRaskal's and Swerve's gear ) ive decided to place them in FFOF soil under 400w hps in 3 gal containers, the light about 24'' above the light,that may be the reason they're germination so slow or not, we are on day 4 and they have barley sprouted. Can anyone help me out?

D

DoubleDub

Bummer man that's some expensive gear.

You're probably drowning them. It is very common to drown seeds with the paper towel method. It's a common mistake because you don't have to worry about too much water for the first 24 hours but you see them pop they must not be submerged. After a day the paper towel should be fully ringed out.

I once killed a few seeds like this and so did my brother. They sounded exactly like you described. they cracked, a little root came out but after like 2-3 days the little sprout became mushy. I ended up with no plants! Sorry to say but you might be SOL however your defiantly doing the right thing by putting them in soil. Dont worry about over watering seedlings in soil it's nearly impossible. Just keep the soil moist and hope for the best.

Check out this post by OG it's freakin fail safe and works like a charm. I've done similar with 100% success.

pura

pura

Yeah that was my fear -- the seedlings drowning. I will be taking a peak at them here in a bit and see if there's any progress -- if not i might as well start from scratch -- just a bummer to see these fine genetics go to waste --esp when the genetics are pure fire and you wanna see their full potential. I will post the final results regarding these..thanks for the time and for posting that link DD.

S

Seneca

Like your seeds are fine, sometime it takes a few day if the temps are low. Careful with the amount of water you give them now that you planted them in soil, it's easy to overwater. Be patient and in a couple of weeks you will have 35 seedlings.

Good Luck!!!

D

DalmatiaBud

hey, this works really well, if you can do it in a bigger batch then i would recommend [YOUTUBE]http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/video.php?do=viewdetails&categoryid=5&categorytitle=indoor-marijuana&videoid=173&videotitle=how-2-germinate-seeds-easy-way[/YOUTUBE]

pura

pura

Good news! All 35 have cracked and about 1 - 1 1/2 inches. Added super thrive to them and that seemed to boost them up a bit :anim_19:

Top Bottom