Germination Question - Four days no life in Rockwool, moved to Coco

• Thread starter docmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
docmur

docmur

Hey Guys

I planted 15 seeds in some Rockwool cubes, 4 days ago and I've seen almost no life. Tonight I packed some red solo cups with Coco, tore open the cubes carefully, and almost all the seeds had a great tap roots, so I moved them, again carefully, to the Coco, about 1 inch under the surface and lightly watered the cups, has anyone done this with success?

Thanks

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Seeds usually will pop up in about 2 -3 days for me in cubes if they are going to pop. Shouldnt be an issue to move them as long as you didnt damage the root.

docmur

docmur

Seeds usually will pop up in about 2 -3 days for me in cubes if they are going to pop. Shouldnt be an issue to move them as long as you didnt damage the root.

Usually rockwool pops quick for me as well, I think the cubes I bought were to dense and didn’t allow an easy out path, hence the switch. I was extremely careful to be delicate.

docmur

docmur

Two days later and all but one of seeds sprouted, this was a success, so for anyone with the same question, you can move seeds from rockwool to coco, and if you’re careful, save the germination!

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

You could have sprouted the seeds in a wet napkin and plastic bag in 2 days with some pretty good results that's how I start my beans!

Top Bottom