Get More Bang Out Of Lower Grade Hash/flowers With The "rosin" Tech

• Thread starter CBDEMON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

Damn @sox that flower rosin looks straight awesome. That color is great. Rosin is definitely not as intimate a process as cold water extraction but it is fun to try out different techs. I just hope clinics don't start trying to sell rosin as melt because it's cheaper to produce the rosin
i think the will sell it as rosin...hopefully

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

Im converted on this tech, in love. The high is amazing. Have done about a half oz and have loved every dab. I know i can get better with it for more per press. Also, original credit to @SoilGrown on IG for this tweak. Defiant is making some killer rosin too tho. Gamechanger no question!

N

noone88

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try this out.

I have been getting back into extracts in the past month.

Solventless is the way to go. For heavy dabbers like me (3-5 times daily), I can't be inhaling in trace gases when there are healthier options.

zeke

zeke

When I press kif into hash sometimes a viscous oil leaks out or coats the press. I just thought it was actual cold pressed "hash oil". Smelled and tasted great. Like concentrated hash. I know what real rosin is so it never occurred to me to call this oil rosin. Rosin is pine resin that is used for violins bows and as flux for soldering among various uses. I'm sure I could sell some in the parking lot of the next htcc and do well. So why are we calling resin rosin? Seems like it's just hash oil.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Has anyone here worked with the folks at Clear Concentrates?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is a video I found on the CC culture site. these guys use a T-shirt press iron.

Dude in the video is a little goofy, cant help that.....o_O

Second set of videos are at the bottom show the tshirt iron press method.

Rosin Tech: The Death of BHO
rosintech.jpg
CANNABIS CULTURE - Rosin Tech is the mind-blowingly easy way to extract beautiful shatter-like hash resin – known as rosin – from your cannabis flowers.

In the following videos, hash master Johnny B shows us the method, popularized by Soilgrown Sal and featured on Hash Church, using a handheld hair straightener an ounce of high grade Medi Kush.

The method uses no butane, alcohols, or other solvents – just heat from the iron and a piece of parchment paper to collect the rosin.

Watch Cannabis Culture this weekend for video featuring the next stage of Rosin Tech: using a T-shirt press for larger, more efficient extractions.

Photo below by heavyicerx who wrote: "7.1g in, .76g out today. Iron at 310°, no more than a 4 second press with my arm against my leg."

10421101_10205534930640163_3995403566928052851_n.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-27%20at%206.56.11%20PM.png

Rosin Tech: Larger Production Methods

rosin-tech.jpg
CANNABIS CULTURE - Find out how to make large amounts of solvent-less marijuana rosin from your buds using a t-shirt press, in Johnny B's latest Rosin Tech video.

So far in his The Death of BHO series, Johnny B has demonstrated how to extract high quality shatter-like cannabis rosin using a portable hair-straightener (called "The Traveller").

In his latest video in the series, we find out how to use a t-shirt heat press to extract larger amounts of rosin:

The method uses no butane, alcohols, or other solvents and produces an amazingly pure and clean product.

Explore Rosin Tech extraction techniques further on the Rosin Techs Facebook page.

Photo above by heavyicerx who wrote: "I've been working on this dab all day. Foreground is probiotic bluedream flower rosin and in the back is organic chernobyl."

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Probiotic? ! .......it's getting deep in here...as in the level of bullshit is rising.
LOL @zeke yea brother give it time. 1st probiotic and before long someone will come up with a way to have our ladies on tread mills to strengthen and fatten up their buds. Then look out once BigPharma gets creative they will be designing commercials to get our girls to call their Dr.s for various conditions. Mwwwwwaaaaaaaa

Stalks

Stalks

I'll splurg and take about an eight out of every quarter unit that comes and goes and press it out for me and the ole lady. Ill unusually end up with a .4-.5 from that on high quality

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Been reading a lot about extracting different kinds of essential oils lately, well mostly their methods of extraction. Got me wondering, had anyone tried steam distillation or cold pressing? Stream distillation seems like it would work like a charm to me after seeing this "rosin"

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

heat press is steam distillation, so there you go :)
Ya, but there's gotta be a better way. A way that would actually get people to stop the bho. I don't see anyone sitting around running a lb with a tee shirt press. Just seems very inefficient, I did some research last night. You can get a desktop steam distillery for less than $300, gotta be worth a try. I've blown $300 on way more useless shit.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Also, is it possible instead of using water/steam. To use a precisely controlled heat source like vaporizing, then just distill the vapors? I know my vaporizer gets pretty full of oil after using it for a while.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The temp at which thc will vaporize is far above the vapor temp of water, It would be impossible to steam distill thc from plant material... you could distill the volatile terps...

As far as turning it from a vapor back into a solid via just running it thru cold water sure it would condense back into a solid about 1/2 way thru and be stuck inside the tube/glass/whatever your running it thru..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
heat press is steam distillation, so there you go :)

No... Heat pressing is an extraction methond not a distillation at all, Distillations require the oil' go from solid to vapor back to solid, thats not whats happening with any of these iron techs, Its just turning the oil viscous enough to transfer from flower to parchment.

Same thing with honey if left to age long enough it will crystalize the only way to turn it back into its oily state is heat...

sox

sox

ive been getting a little crazy with this new tech...dont get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE making my full melt bubble hash...but this seems to be the best way to create a pure Solvent-less CBD concentrate that can be dabbed.

Flower Rosin Station with t-shirt press and purger (to remove excess moisture that is retained in the bud)
11015602 1609465832624025 687980732 n

And some Rare Berry Kush Flower Rosin after being purged at 95 degrees for 3 hours.
Pull and Snap Shatter, completely stable at room temp.
11137605 362408290632555 1770481507 n

Love & Light,
~Sox

Top Bottom