Get More Bang Out Of Lower Grade Hash/flowers With The "rosin" Tech

• Thread starter CBDEMON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

@Seamaiden FYI if you keif it you have to clean it up to around 70-80% to get quality rosin. ive tried with shitty keif and it comes out nasty.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

here's a small bit of rosin I made with keif yesterday. not amazingly clear but pretty dern tasty and potent
DSC04448

DSC04446

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Friend of mine is making large amounts of rosin (up to a half pound at a time) by using two big flat and fat steel squares. They heat them in a commercial kitchen oven; they break/grind the flowers down a bit, put it in a filtering bag and press it between the two heated steel slabs.

He had a little sample he threw my way from greenhouse sfv og and it was great. Tasty, stony, well made and looked nice. Last couple rosin samples I tried had the "burnt popcorn/volcano resin oder and smell", which is pretty gnar! LoL this was waaay better and made in a big batch.

A girlfriend of mine at elemental wellness mentioned that they have had a couple folks bring in rosin to vend and then have the test results come back with ppms lvls of butane present. Asking a premium donation on top of that; it's becoming more popular and there will always be the jerks to try and take advantage of that.

Heads up and keep dabbin! :)

sox

sox

Friend of mine is making large amounts of rosin (up to a half pound at a time) by using two big flat and fat steel squares. They heat them in a commercial kitchen oven; they break/grind the flowers down a bit, put it in a filtering bag and press it between the two heated steel slabs.

He had a little sample he threw my way from greenhouse sfv og and it was great. Tasty, stony, well made and looked nice. Last couple rosin samples I tried had the "burnt popcorn/volcano resin oder and smell", which is pretty gnar! LoL this was waaay better and made in a big batch.

A girlfriend of mine at elemental wellness mentioned that they have had a couple folks bring in rosin to vend and then have the test results come back with ppms lvls of butane present. Asking a premium donation on top of that; it's becoming more popular and there will always be the jerks to try and take advantage of that.

Heads up and keep dabbin! :)
people are pressing out crumble/wax/butter and getting shatter from it. thats probably why the butane is present

Calixylon

Calixylon

Rosin honestly is the shit, at first I kind of thought it was a joke, but it's most definetly not. The technique is not viable for large extractions, I just think the bigger extractions produce so so rosin. When you press out buds though, the terpene content is just as good as any crumble wax or shatter I've had. Mostly it's just convienient to be able to take a dab of any flower you have on hand. This is a dab I squeezed out of some Blueberry Kush, some terpenes seem to transfer much better, I assume there's some wig a higher boiling g point that stick around through the squashing. If you've got some topshelf on hand, and you haven't picked up a roll of parchment paper and stole your girlfriends hair straightner yet, I would do it, I just use a hand clamp, no pressing, real eAsy it took me under 5 minutes to squash this dab out, and this is around half of the yield from unde a gram of flower.

RG420

RG420

There's a dude on Ig killing it with yields squashing at 180f for 15-30 secs using a G clamp!
I've only come across this method last night but already looking for a rig and bits so I can try when my harvest is done! Can't wait got 4 phenos of Grimace Og, 4 phenos of Tangerine Power, purple og 18, kimbo kush and cheese :D

Calixylon

Calixylon

I just clamp right under my straightners highest setting, squash then clamp as hard as i can, and usually go for 5 or 6 seconds you can hear the sizzling subsiding, thats when i pop it out. I also squash about .2-.3 max.

Havent heard of the low and slow technique, i tried using one of the lowest settings on mine and everytime i did, the rosin came out super soupy and completly unstable. Just a bitch to get off even the parchment, and not worth it, but ill try it again, some strains dont squash at all, some do and are all terpy and soupy, and some just come out nice and stable, like snap and pull. Indicas definetly return more rosin yield, also the rosin tends to be more stable. This is all my opinion and what ive found from squashing some of my buds, and some friends herbage.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Here is a video I found on the CC culture site. these guys use a T-shirt press iron.

Dude in the video is a little goofy, cant help that.....o_O

Second set of videos are at the bottom show the tshirt iron press method.

Rosin Tech: The Death of BHO
rosintech.jpg
CANNABIS CULTURE - Rosin Tech is the mind-blowingly easy way to extract beautiful shatter-like hash resin – known as rosin – from your cannabis flowers.

In the following videos, hash master Johnny B shows us the method, popularized by Soilgrown Sal and featured on Hash Church, using a handheld hair straightener an ounce of high grade Medi Kush.

The method uses no butane, alcohols, or other solvents – just heat from the iron and a piece of parchment paper to collect the rosin.

Watch Cannabis Culture this weekend for video featuring the next stage of Rosin Tech: using a T-shirt press for larger, more efficient extractions.

Photo below by heavyicerx who wrote: "7.1g in, .76g out today. Iron at 310°, no more than a 4 second press with my arm against my leg."

10421101_10205534930640163_3995403566928052851_n.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-27%20at%206.56.11%20PM.png

Rosin Tech: Larger Production Methods

rosin-tech.jpg
CANNABIS CULTURE - Find out how to make large amounts of solvent-less marijuana rosin from your buds using a t-shirt press, in Johnny B's latest Rosin Tech video.

So far in his The Death of BHO series, Johnny B has demonstrated how to extract high quality shatter-like cannabis rosin using a portable hair-straightener (called "The Traveller").

In his latest video in the series, we find out how to use a t-shirt heat press to extract larger amounts of rosin:

The method uses no butane, alcohols, or other solvents and produces an amazingly pure and clean product.

Explore Rosin Tech extraction techniques further on the Rosin Techs Facebook page.

Photo above by heavyicerx who wrote: "I've been working on this dab all day. Foreground is probiotic bluedream flower rosin and in the back is organic chernobyl."

I was doing mine at 410. Too hot! I love this technique though. Thanks for the post

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea 410 is a bit to high, i didnt even know they went up to that temperature. The higher the heat the more stable your oil will come out. Certain strains wont ever stabalize, not sure if this has something to do with CBx's becasue i know that high CBD strains usually always make unstable oil. Hopefully the more mainstream cannabis becomes, the more available testing facilities will be more available to the genreal public, also it seems like more and more folks are turning away from solvent extracts, because they want a cleaner, gauranteed pure extract. Not only is this rosin tec becoming more commercially viable with larger production scale presses, but people are asking for more top shelf fullmelt ice water extracts. This next harvest i think im going to invest in some bubble bags, the rosin made from low melt bubble is just on point.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea the rosin does taste nice as long as you dont overpress, also since it consists of the complete "full spectrum" of oils, terpenes, waxes, and lipids i do think that the effects of dabbing rosin are slightly different than a dewaxed clean BHO. I for one think that the complete removal and dewaxing of all the lipids and waxes may not be completly beneficial. Until some real testing is done on those lipids and waxes we wont know if were removing things that have no health benefits or not. This is why i believe folks are going back to the "solvent-less" dabbable water hash, and the 99% dry sifts. Their more natural, have the same amount of cannabanoids, still retain the look of the natural thrichome heads, they taste betterand contain more terps, and i believe may have some helpful medicinal properties

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

So given your experience, what would be the best temperature? Diff types of parchment? Best method?
Yea 410 is a bit to high, i didnt even know they went up to that temperature. The higher the heat the more stable your oil will come out. Certain strains wont ever stabalize, not sure if this has something to do with CBx's becasue i know that high CBD strains usually always make unstable oil. Hopefully the more mainstream cannabis becomes, the more available testing facilities will be more available to the genreal public, also it seems like more and more folks are turning away from solvent extracts, because they want a cleaner, gauranteed pure extract. Not only is this rosin tec becoming more commercially viable with larger production scale presses, but people are asking for more top shelf fullmelt ice water extracts. This next harvest i think im going to invest in some bubble bags, the rosin made from low melt bubble is just on point.

Calixylon

Calixylon

I use a reg hair straightner set to right under the highest setting, i use white parchment paper, becasue the unbleached kind is thinnner and harder to see the small splatters, and i use a G clamp becasue pressure and force is probably the most important thing, behind proper temps.

Honestly as long as you have good cannabis this tec is ridiculously easy if you have an idea of how things work. If your having trouble or not yielding right, its most likely becasue your starting material isnt good enough. Low temps dont work for me, just try a few diff temps, buti gotta stress this, if your bud isnt good, this rosin tec wont work. All your gonna do is squash your buds, and ruin them, and get no oil. Shitty material dosent have enough trikes, and the few that are on their simply get liquefied, then reabsorbed into the flower, in other words you literally ruin the cannabis, becasue its unsmokable after pressing

4 .1 nugglets lets pressed or about 5 min of work for two dabs

Last edited:
C

cj smith

i got an threader 2.5 inch pipe. fitted a 5 micron sintered stainless steel mesh filter fitted to one end. i got a solid metal cylinder that fits air tight in the pipe. if i heat said pipe to 300 degrees and dropped in a grade bubble hash, then press with hydraulic jack. high pressure and heat.. i hope to press rosin. any thoughts?

Crithaze.420

Crithaze.420

I was looking around on IG today and started seeing posts about something called Rosin technique. Its an extremely simple tech that was posted up years ago and has since resurfaced with a couple different tools than the original procedure. The process involves folding up material into parchment and pressing it with a hair straightening iron (at lowest temp) to extract the more oily parts of your flower material or hash. It can make powdery 2* material look like 4* sorta shatter-esque hash. I'm going to give it a try today probably. Wanted to make sure this tech makes it out to people who may be interested in it. There are far too many people in the industry trying to capitalize on techniques and obscuring them and that is counter-productive to moving forward. Thanks to cubangrower and defiantextracts for sharing info about this interesting method.

Here's a link to the old thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21325&highlight=rosin

and here is a video of defiant using this tech on some lower grade hash
http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/923254506406712306_22587467

Respect and good vibes all!!

I was just wondering cause this doesn't really answer my question and you use hash

Latest posts

Top Bottom