Get rid of those STICKY FINGERS!!!

• Thread starter RoadRunneR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RoadRunneR

RoadRunneR

Well it's that time of year again, Harvest Time, which means that many of us are walking around dangerously with sticky fingers. In our youth we used to flaunt those sticky fingers but the fact is that they are dangerous to our freedom.

What about gloves you say?? I use them and I highly recommend them, but there are always going to be those times that we get that stick on our hands.

My Solution to sticky fingers step by step
-Wipe hands down with vegetable oil, be careful to make sure you get the fingertips good.
-If you feel the stick is thick then add some sugar to the oil (salt is fine but I feel sugar works better)
-Wash your hands in hot water
-Lather soap onto your hands to help get rid of that oily feeling
-Wash soap off of hands and do a final rinse
-Enjoy your nice clean hands, ahh what a feeling

Vegetable oil is Key. This stuff is the cheapest and best working sticky finger cleaner I've came acrossed.

Keep them hands clean:pimp:

G

grandaddypurple

Nice, will have to try this when the fingertips just won't come completely clean.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Worth a try, gonna be doing some chopping this weekend.

Reminds me of the time I would go out in the tobacco field with my grand dad to "sucker" the plants. What this was, was to go through 2 or 3 acres of tobacco and break of the new growth at the base of every leaf. Tobacco farmers want the leaf and not the buds. Long point is we would walk to the horse trough get our hands wet and rub them in the dirt, scrub for a bit then rinse off all that sticky crap

Vegtable oil sounds much easier lol

JJ

RoadRunneR

RoadRunneR

I'm pretty sure that you guys will find out how awesome vegetable oil is at getting off the resins. Let us know what you think.

If you have any other clever ways to get the sticky off, let us know.

edit: haha you snuck in there on me. I'll try the peanut butter. My only problem with that idea at the moment is the cost. Peanut butter is way to expensive compared to vegetable oil. If you are like me, with sticky fingers every day of the week, peanut butter just doesn't seem feasible. I will try it and check out how well it does the job, please try the vegetable oil and let us know your opinions on it.

S

supasticky

My solution:

Dirty hair

If you just took a shower don't try this, but if you are about to roll up a joint try it out I swear it works.

Just break up the weed and when you're done just rub your head with your fingers for a few seconds. That's it.

-Supa

C

cain23456

Combination of rubbing alcohol and bathroom comet works wonders too. It also get rid of the smell off of your hands.

I

ismokepot

Just use shaving cream- they all contain alcohol. It works great......

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

have a bowl (1.5 - 2 qt.) with ISO you & helpers clean hands and arms with this, alowing ISO to maintain resin in solution in bowl and pour it in to jar/lid. Do this several times during trim sessions, after you're done triming/harvesting pour it in to glass cake pan as ISO wash and evaporate. Alcohol emulsifies the resin (thc) keeps it in solution till evap.

RoadRunneR

RoadRunneR

have a bowl (1.5 - 2 qt.) with ISO you & helpers clean hans and arms with this alowing ISO tro maintain resin in solution in bowl and pour it in to jar/lid after done triming/harvesting pour it in to glass cake pan as ISO wash and evaporate. Alcohol emolsifies the resin (thc) keeps it in solution till evap.

I've done that one. I'm not to keen on it myself. Maybe I need to spend more time perfecting my ISO wash technique but I'm just not into the final product. ISO hash has never excited me, sort of say. I'm also lucky enough to have various other hashes laying around so it's not needed. Thanks for bringing this up though as I'm sure you will help others out.

baby oil #1 & vasiline
Nice one!! Good products that are laying around the house ready to be used for something else. I'm going to be putting these to the test. I do know that baby wipes work well.

PAM, a spray vegetable oil, great on scissors too. JK

Now we're thinking alike!! My only problem is that PAM is more expensive than regular ole vegetable oil. PAM's a good fix for when you are in a jam.

I still haven't tried the peanut butter. That seems like one that could come in handy, but I hope I never need to test it.

B

bigyieldsonly

babie oil works just as good if not a little better give it a shot smells good too

R

Rolln J

olive oil works great - its best to wear gloves...

dont ever scratch your nads while taking a whiz after a long trim job if you havent gotten all the thc off them first - school of hard knocks!

M

Mox

I have always used butter. A little goes a long ways. I will try vegetable oil in the future although butter is easy to work with and doesnt run all over everything :)

D

doco

Vegetable oil is also good for cleaning bubble bag screens where iso could make the polyester or nylon screens turn dry & brittle.

F

funkfarmer

I use a product called GOJO ,mechanics use it to wash thier hands

Top Bottom