Getting back into growing, am I forgetting anything?

• Thread starter Kasper24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kasper24

Kasper24

So I have 6 plants going approx 2.5 weeks old. Substrate is blend of coco coir and organic compost, spaghnum moss, peat moss. Approx 70% coco.

Lighting 250 avg PAR (about to increase to 300)
20/4 cycle
DLI about 18

Using lemon juice for pH correction

They've had two feedings of 5-1-1 fish Fertilizer (separated by standard watering)

Avg VPD 1.08
Humidity 70%
Temp 78F

Are these normal size for age? I'm new to using coco and was worried I've been over watering. Any tips or pointers are gladly welcomed.

Getting back into growing am i forgetting anything
Kasper24

Kasper24

Update

I believe my plants are experiencing nitrogen deficiency. I'm still trying to get that ph sweet spot dialed in. If there's any other thoughts on my plants health please share. Having a hard time balancing between mag and nitrogen lock out. Should I pH every watering? Base pH of water I'm using is 6.5
Been going down to 5.5 with run off of 6.0 which worked miracles for a few days now the leaves are yellowing from the tip of leaf back towards stem, from the bottom up of the plant. Last 2 waterings I have used un modified 6.5 pH water (no chlorine, purifiied gallon water) Should I alter between a lower pH and a higher pH when watering?

20220623 124257
20220623 124219
MercDod

MercDod

My first grow was with Coco coir and perlite so it may or may not be largely different, however I washed a brick of coco coir and began a buffering process before using. I washed in 18 gallon tub and buffered with 8 gallons of water with 60 ml of Botanicare Cal-mag plus. 150% dose at 7.5 ml/gallon. I buffered it a second time the next day. I let it soak for 24 hours each time. I then drained the buffering solution and added either 30 to 40 % perlite. Im not sure if its something you need to do so do the research. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can advise. Please forgive me if I'm just speaking when I shouldn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom