Getting close to harvest, I think?

• Thread starter DreamTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamTHC

DreamTHC

Yep, another "am I almost ready for harvest" post :) This is my first grow in about 10 years, so I'm a little rusty! I'm growing 3 different autoflower strains from 00 Seeds. Growing outdoors in the upper mid-west. The strains are:

Auto Kush
Auto Northern Lights
Auto White Widow

No fancy feeding schedule, just grown in Happy Frog soil using cloth / fabric pots and Tomato Tone tea a couple times a month, which I use for the rest of my garden as well. All of the seeds popped on May 7th, and 00 Seeds says 80-90 days for all 3 strains, which would put me at harvest sometime next week, but I'm not so sure all of them will be ready by then. I dont have a method to take pics of trichomes, but I do have a microscope that I can look at them with.

Kush: Mostly milky and clear trichomes, with a few amber stragglers in there.
Kush 72919

Kush Full 72919

Northern Lights: Mostly milky with some clear trichomes.
Northern Lights 72919

Norther Lights Full 72919

White Widow: This one has a mix of everything, milky, clear and amber. This plant looks the worst to me, buds are kinda weird shaped and it appears it has some seeds in the buds, but appears to be the furthest along.
White Widow72919

White Widow Full 72919

The White Widow looks the closest to me, maybe harvest next week? Then the Kush and the Norther Lights need a solid 2 more weeks. Am I in line with this assumption?

Thanks in advance!

Seraphine

Seraphine

Another month on these.

Maybe the white widow sooner. In my experience, when plants have seeds they tend to finish a bit earlier.

You have to evaluate the whole plant when deciding when to harvest. I’ve had my best luck in regards to potency when I harvest when the leaves fade and the trichomes are cloudy with 20-30% amber. The plant will look like it’s starting to die. If I harvest too early then my husbands medication is all fucked up and that is one thing I don’t fuck around with, harvest timing.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Very rarely do plants finish according to the breeder info. In my experience I’ve had to wait an extra 2- 4 weeks and once up to six weeks past the breeder recommended finish time. The 6 weeks past breeder recommended finish time was on one of my plants I just harvested. It was a gg4 s1 in which the breeder said it would be done in 9 weeks and it wasn’t ready until 15 weeks. It all depends of genetics and which phenotype you got.

DreamTHC

DreamTHC

Another month on these.

Maybe the white widow sooner. In my experience, when plants have seeds they tend to finish a bit earlier.

You have to evaluate the whole plant when deciding when to harvest. I’ve had my best luck in regards to potency when I harvest when the leaves fade and the trichomes are cloudy with 20-30% amber. The plant will look like it’s starting to die. If I harvest too early then my husbands medication is all fucked up and that is one thing I don’t fuck around with, harvest timing.

Wow another month you think?! Well glad I asked otherwise I probably would have chopped the WW next week. I'll keep an eye on them.

Thanks!

Seraphine

Seraphine

You can always cut a small tester, cut it up so it dries quicker. If you like the effect, harvest all of it. I like to cut my testers from the middle of the plant.

420SOS

420SOS

Yep, another "am I almost ready for harvest" post :) This is my first grow in about 10 years, so I'm a little rusty! I'm growing 3 different autoflower strains from 00 Seeds. Growing outdoors in the upper mid-west. The strains are:

Auto Kush
Auto Northern Lights
Auto White Widow

No fancy feeding schedule, just grown in Happy Frog soil using cloth / fabric pots and Tomato Tone tea a couple times a month, which I use for the rest of my garden as well. All of the seeds popped on May 7th, and 00 Seeds says 80-90 days for all 3 strains, which would put me at harvest sometime next week, but I'm not so sure all of them will be ready by then. I dont have a method to take pics of trichomes, but I do have a microscope that I can look at them with.

Kush: Mostly milky and clear trichomes, with a few amber stragglers in there.
View attachment 884467
View attachment 884468

Northern Lights: Mostly milky with some clear trichomes.
View attachment 884470
View attachment 884469

White Widow: This one has a mix of everything, milky, clear and amber. This plant looks the worst to me, buds are kinda weird shaped and it appears it has some seeds in the buds, but appears to be the furthest along.
View attachment 884472
View attachment 884471

The White Widow looks the closest to me, maybe harvest next week? Then the Kush and the Norther Lights need a solid 2 more weeks. Am I in line with this assumption?

Thanks in advance!
They look almost ready but patience is a virtue at least a couple of weeks more, they look super healthy, kudos

Top Bottom