Getting extorted by landlord

• Thread starter sky_blue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sky_blue

sky_blue

Long story short, I'm legal here, and my landlord was fully informed when I moved in that I would grow.
I gave a large deposit to keep everything cool.
Now, after all is dried/cured, he came over last night, and told me he wanted 1/2 of the total. ( !!:mad:!!)
It gets even worse, but I'll leave it at that for now.
__
I have to move now, and I have to protect what I have until then. $5k in eqpt. and plenty of medicine.
My landlord is a piece of trash. He's been waiting for this moment to f' me w/this situation.

Any suggestions on how to make a quick exit? Any non-violent options to deal w/my landlord?

Thanks for any feedback. Much appreciated on this great site. Lot of smart people on here.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
wow man that sucks...what an a hole.. :eek:

I dont know what to tell ya......I hope the best for you man...

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
call and rent a storage unit...tear your grow down, stuff every thing you can fit in that car that is most important..get as much as you can in one trip..the faster you get that gear and product out, then that pos has nothing to hold over you

sky high

sky high

Yup. This isn't gonna go anywhere but down from here. Get the weed outta there....then get the equipment outta there.

And If you have anyway to set up a motion camera and catch him in your place....cus he's gonna enter while yer gone on your first run @ some point to check on >his< weed....do it.

If he enters you home...of fucks with you whatsoever...call 911/the cops.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

dude that used to own my house broke in and jacked a bunch of clips when i was just starting out. can barely talk to that piece of trash without going ape shit these days. most people are some greasy bastards.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

That's terrible what a slimey fuck. Make arrangements to move quick and keep friends close. If it were me it would have gotten violent.

S

serpent

you need to sanitize your house.video tape him shaking you down.give him a half ounce.when he goes off,that he want half your whole grow.should be a good show.after you move out and he keeps your deposit.tell him you will down load the video to youtube.should get your deposit back.off course if he has your whole life on a rental form.where you work.will be better to just leave quitly.

fractal

fractal

OH yeah fuck that guy! What a joker. I would tell him to pay you for half your equipment, refund half the rent you paid and pay you for half the time you spent working on the grow before you even consider giving him anything. Sounds like a true greaseball. Definitely get him on video trying to extort you. . . You can use that in court maybe if he doesn't want to refund your deposit.

I'm curious, how did he break the news that he expected half? I mean HALF? What the fucking fuck. What did he say?

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Nothing a tape recorder and conversation can't fix... extortion is a big time offense. Beg and plead with him and let him do all the talking. Once recorded pack all your stuff, kiss your deposit goodbye and start over fresh brother. but ... next time... don't tell anyone. Just my thoughts on it... Wish you the best brother.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Nothing a tape recorder and conversation can't fix... extortion is a big time offense. Beg and plead with him and let him do all the talking. Once recorded pack all your stuff, kiss your deposit goodbye and start over fresh brother. but ... next time... don't tell anyone. Just my thoughts on it... Wish you the best brother.
check your state's wiretap/recording laws, it's usually illegal in-person if the other party isn't aware. phone laws are different (also by state) and maybe easier way to doc this sort of thing..

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

If I am not mistaken... if it is you that is included in the conversation and you feel you are be threatend I believe it is legal.... now phone wire tap might be another story.

California's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. California makes it a crime to record or eavesdrop on any confidential communication, including a private conversation or telephone call, without the consent of all parties to the conversation. See Cal. Penal Code § 632. The statute applies to "confidential communications" -- i.e., conversations in which one of the parties has an objectively reasonable expectation that no one is listening in or overhearing the conversation. See Flanagan v. Flanagan, 41 P.3d 575, 576-77, 578-82 (Cal. 2002). A California appellate court has ruled that this statute applies to the use of hidden video cameras to record conversations as well. See California v. Gibbons, 215 Cal. App. 3d 1204 (Cal Ct. App. 1989).

If you are recording someone without their knowledge in a public or semi-public place like a street or restaurant, the person whom you're recording may or may not have "an objectively reasonable expectation that no one is listening in or overhearing the conversation," and the reasonableness of the expectation would depend on the particular factual circumstances. Therefore, you cannot necessarily assume that you are in the clear simply because you are in a public place.

If you are operating in California, you should always get the consent of all parties before recording any conversation that common sense tells you might be "private" or "confidential." In addition to subjecting you to criminal prosecution, violating the California wiretapping law can expose you to a civil lawsuit for damages by an injured party. See Cal. Penal Code § 637.2.

Thank you El Cerebro... I stand corrected. Depending on which state you are in... it can be illegal.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I was thinking more or less in person in the rental... but looks like that is a no go as well.

fractal

fractal

Sky im curious about what your dickhead landlord said to you. . . I'm a psychologist it interests me when people do stupid shit like this.

sky_blue

sky_blue

call and rent a storage unit...tear your grow down, stuff every thing you can fit in that car that is most important..get as much as you can in one trip..the faster you get that gear and product out, then that pos has nothing to hold over you
Thanks...That seems to be the reality of the situation...

sky_blue

sky_blue

Sky im curious about what your dickhead landlord said to you. . . I'm a psychologist it interests me when people do stupid shit like this.
Thank you for the interest Fractal. I'd definitely be interested in some analysis of his behavior. I believe there is a drug involved - maybe meth or coke? - I don't know. But, unless he's naturally ill - mentally, or a brain tumor, he is so erratic, it's just not natural.
As soon as I get out of here to a safer place, I'll give more detail on this for you...

sky_blue

sky_blue

Thanks...That seems to be the reality of the situation...
___
What makes this "humorous" is that I'm state-legal-licensed, and I'm under the possess limits, so I should be able to take control of this fast and easy. But when you rent month-to-month from a landlord who's an _____, the landlord can make life difficult really easily....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom