Getting going and not making it!

• Thread starter INgrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
INgrown

INgrown

I've been trying to grow the past two seasons. Last season I tried autoflower plants, and this year just regular. Both last year and this year so far, I'm going getting a success rate of 25% of my plants making it past 2" tall.

I have them inside under a sky light so they get natural light. The room stays between 65-70 degrees and hotter on sunny warm days. Of the autoflower plants that did make it last year, none of the got big enough to produce. I'm hoping to just something this year.

I'm starting them in in peat pots and using organic potting soil. I spray them once or twice a day with tap water that has been sitting out exposed to sunlight. What typically happens to them is the middle of steam just shrinks up and the top of the plant falls over and the it dies. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (water/nutrient/temp/sunlight).

I think it might be water/nutrient, but my other vegetable/fruit plants are doing just fine.

Getting going and not making it
Getting going and not making it 2
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Inside under a skylight. There’s the first clue. Cannabis is about light and all about light.

elduderito

elduderito

ya you need a lot more light - the stretchy-spaghetti-like-micro-greens you have there are your first clue! I think your going to need artificial lighting to get them started....

crossfader

crossfader

You need a better lighting situation first and foremost. That skylight just isn't going to do it.✌

Madbud

Madbud

Put the peat pot in a deeper pot, then carefully fill the pot with more soil to support the stretched seedling. You can bury the seedling all the way up the stem but be careful the stem doesn’t break.
And yeah, you need more light. Cut the plastic globe off an led lightbulb or get some flourescents.

INgrown

INgrown

Thanks, its just to cold to go outside yet, so I thought that would be enough. How many hours of article light should I try?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
they all look very dry too. if you grow under the skylight, it will be like doing it outside, so a different season. and how will you keep it dark?

elduderito

elduderito

the artificial light could also be used so supplement a sunny window or it's current spot -- maybe it gets a few hours of good day light and you can turn the light on before or after to combine for a total of at least 14 hours - ideally 16-18

INgrown

INgrown

they all look very dry too. if you grow under the skylight, it will be like doing it outside, so a different season. and how will you keep it dark?
I was worried about getting them to wet. I tried to add soil to help support the steam and just haven't watered that top soil. The bottom has pretty good moisture.

Is putting them in a closet and good way to keep them in the dark?

Top Bottom