Getting that hash all melty

• Thread starter TheNman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheNman

Greetings.

Alright guys, i've got a hash problem.

I can't seem to get consistent melty hash and i'm wondering why.

I've got a few insights, but not sure what's stopping me.

1)I'm using a 150mc screen, so leaf matter might be hindering me.... yet even when i scrape up after only 1min of sifting, it's still not generally melty.

2) About 75% of my crystal comes from non cola sites, so a lot of it might not be fully mature.

3) The universe tends to hate me, so i'm thinking this is just one more way for it to get it's kicks by torturing me! ;)

Anyhoo, i've only had experience with this one sifter i made 2yrs ago, so any advice you guys can give is greatly appreciated.

M

Mystery

How rough are you with the material? Full melt takes a lot of time and quite a lot of bud or trim. The best way is to freeze it and to not rub the material at all just give it a small shake and try to lift the material off the screen. Only do this once or twice no more. then move on to the next batch of material.

Best of luck

T

TheNman

How rough are you with the material? Full melt takes a lot of time and quite a lot of bud or trim. The best way is to freeze it and to not rub the material at all just give it a small shake and try to lift the material off the screen. Only do this once or twice no more. then move on to the next batch of material.

Best of luck

Thanks Mystery.

Well, i use top quality trim and freeze before shaking.
I use 2 long and shallow rubbermaid tubs stacked in each other. The upper one has the bottom cut out with 150micron screen attached.
I shake for about 1min, then scrape.

My problem, apparently, is that melty hash is with the 65-125mc range.

The screens have been ordered.

I'm getting:
2 150mc, for the plant/crystal separation screen.
1 125mc, for the quality separation.
1 80mc, for the upper melty separation.
1 60mc, for the lower melty separation.

Everything that doesn't fall through the 125mc is mixed with everything that fell through the 60mc and pressed for friends.
The quality and melty sifts are MINE!

They should arrive just in time!

C

chuco

Use a smaller micron like 80. It will definately make a great difference in your product. i had the same problem in which I could not get the hash to stick together. I found that it would not stick together because of the high content of leaf material from bubble bags over 80 microns

stickyicky

stickyicky

Use a smaller micron like 80. It will definately make a great difference in your product. i had the same problem in which I could not get the hash to stick together. I found that it would not stick together because of the high content of leaf material from bubble bags over 80 microns

Yup, Yup.

Chuco is on it.

Check out the 45 micron screen compared to the 73, even better. The darker one is the 45.

The strain is Jack The Ripper. I only run trim and leaf thru the bubble bags.

DSCN1892
DSCN1897
C

Codisious

Yup, Yup.

Chuco is on it.

Check out the 45 micron screen compared to the 73, even better. The darker one is the 45.

The strain is Jack The Ripper. I only run trim and leaf thru the bubble bags.

How do you get that black color from dry sift? D you press it specially to crumble like that with heat or something?

Top Bottom