Getting to tall what can do

• Thread starter 757grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

757grower

Have a sour Chemdog photo which started flowering about 12 days in and getting taller than I expected, I should have topped like the others but decided not to.. is there anything I can do or has it stopped the flower stretch process? Any ideas what I could do? Thanks again

Getting to tall what can do
Getting to tall what can do 2
Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

Have a sour Chemdog photo which started flowering about 12 days in and getting taller than I expected, I should have topped like the others but decided not to.. is there anything I can do or has it stopped the flower stretch process? Any ideas what I could do? Thanks again
I tie my branches down late lst

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Get a net in, put it about 8-10 inches below the top of the tallest spot, massage the stems an inch or two below the net until the stem 'crunches' and goes soft and pliable. Soften the stem at least an inch or so and gradually bend it over 90 degrees and tuck it under the net. Get all those tall stems bent back down to the same level, and then adjust your lighting accordingly.

You basically have three options:
1. bend
2. cut
3. raise light/get taller tent.

At this stage it's not good to cut - too late, but either the other options will work. Obviously swapping the tent for a taller one is drastic - but it can be done, and I did it myself last month in mid-flower. But unless your light is the sun, raising it more and more just starves the rest of the plant for light. You need to engineer a canopy about 12 thick with all the tops at the same level.

So bend, bend, bend.

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

Supercrop if your not in flower guess u could in flower but wouldn't suggest it

757grower

OK thanks, I've done pinch and bend down the tall stem. I'll post pic later today, still need to do the same to other branches as well but should I use the net I have? Or just do the pinch, bend over method.. also during flowering will it stress the plant if I remove some of the lower leaves but not alot at one time of course..thanks again for the help.

757grower

I've did super cropping to the tallest one and was gonna do the same to the other branches to but also have a net. I've read it's not good to supercrop during flowering stage but the white widow I have has been doing good since I did supercrop.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I've did super cropping to the tallest one and was gonna do the same to the other branches to but also have a net. I've read it's not good to supercrop during flowering stage but the white widow I have has been doing good since I did supercrop.
Stresses them a little but they bounce bak quik.

757grower

Pics of the super cropping I did to two of the branches the main one and the other one.. should I do that to the rest of them? I also removed some lower leaves not doing anything. I'm trying to prune up the areas that don't have any bud sites or taking space but how long in between to wait till cut more leaves..

20220403 131857
20220403 131905
20220403 131947
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You can lower ur light, top, or try and bend the plant over and tie off. Is it outgrowing your light? I would let it do its thing but to prevent stretching I'm doing an auto run of 2 4 assed monkeys and 1 crystal candy and I keep my light a 600w 2 cycle led reflector 30inc from top of canopy this is close enough so they won't go nuts but not to close to burn.

20220403 132653

757grower

I currently have a Mars hydro ts600 led which been doing good for the two plants I have, but thinking of adding another light tho.. I had to bend them so it didn't get to tall for my tent..

Latest posts

Top Bottom