Getting two stories...let's bust this myth

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

After crossing an automatic with a photoperiod plant, what will the F1 generation do?

• All of the F1 will autoflower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the F1 will autoflower

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Half of the F1 will autoflower

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • It depends on which autoflowering strain is used for the cross

• It depends on which photoperiod strain is used for the cross

• I don't know

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

I have done very little with autoflowers. I have self seeded a few, and I have selected some Lowryder 2 males and females and made regular seeds. I have only ever crossed an auto with a regular once. Lowryder 2 x Skunk #1.

In that cross, none of my F1 plants autoflowered. Some of my F2 did, F3, and F4 showed it more and more.

I have heard people say that they have crossed an auto with a regular and that ALL of the F1 seeds were autoflowering.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
F1 is feminized pollen , you are using an s1 which is regular male pollen? To cross an auto u need auto male to a photo period female to pass on the auto gene, then you feminize the next gen to get female pollen which u cross back to ensure F1 profile with an auto gene

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

F1 is feminized pollen , you are using an s1 which is regular male pollen? To cross an auto u need auto male to a photo period female to pass on the auto gene, then you feminize the next gen to get female pollen which u cross back to ensure F1 profile with an auto gene

S-1 is a reversed selfed female. F-1 is 2 seperate females crossed i believe.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
S-1 is a reversed selfed female. F-1 is 2 seperate females crossed i believe.
Opposite, s1 is regular male to female 1st go, F1 is feminized pollen. 1st go.
As the number of cross backs happen they increase in the (s or f) numbers like 1-2-3-4. The longer the cross backs meaning same pollen to same female cuts the more stable the gene/pheno

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Opposite, s1 is regular male to female 1st go, F1 is feminized pollen. 1st go.
As the number of cross backs happen they increase in the (s or f) numbers like 1-2-3-4. The longer the cross backs meaning same pollen to same female cuts the more stable the gene/pheno

Pretty sure s-1 stands for selfed. And the seeds i buy made from 2 hybrid females crossed are f-1. But i would have to confirm. Its late and im tired and hurting.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

By F1, I meant the F1 hybrid generation. I used Skunk#1 pollen to seed a Lowryder 2 female.

Are you saying that if I had used Lowryder 2 pollen to seed a Skunk #1, that all of the seeds would have had the automatic gene?

Then, grow out those seeds, use colloidal silver on the females to get female pollen. Cross that female pollen back to the same Skunk #1 (a clone)...and then I would have all automatic feminized seeds?

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

It is odd to me that it would matter whether the male or the female was auto or photo. Are there certain genes that are dominant in one gender, but not the other?

Latest posts

Top Bottom