Getto trees

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

Whats up farmers, Im starting a new grow log. I cracked some beans and I am trying out new strains.

This grow will be 16 plants
8 g13
4 White fire
2 Northern lights
1 Chronic
1 White rino

SANY00263.JPG
White
4 White Fire
SANY00272.JPG

White Rino
SANY00283.JPG

Chronic
SANY00292.JPG

G13's
SANY00302.JPG

These are now in my Veg room. Ill be putting them in the main flower rooms in about 2 weeks.

I have been battling the slime in my RDWC system the past couple grows.My goal in this grow is to remain slime free the entire grow and break my personal yield record of 22#. I got all the slime weapons. Hydro fungicide, zone, Physan 20, 5 gal h202, 18w UV sterilizer.

This is one of the plants I plan on beating this round. Its my NL cut.

2_5_lb.jpg

Thinking around the first week of Jan for chop time.

Enjoy

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Prepare 2 chuck all ur strain & juss run White Fire in the whole room..

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

That Northern Lights looks badass! Do you know the background? I used to run NL#5 from Sensi back in the 90's. I loved the sweet taste and the super trichrome covered big buds. Great work man. Kick that slime's ass!

-TF

C

cheech

gettogro, glad you're still around and posting a new journal.

You definitely know what your doing with this hydro rdwc. Have you lost a crop in the year you've been running your new setup, or has it been one mega harvest after the other?

Keep up the good work... sub'd.

Also, is that a serious seeds chronic you're working with?

M

mrdizzle

looking forward to this one bud, I was just reading your thread the other day, before you moved out, how you were getting butterflies and shit, whats life without risk right? looks like shit turned out proper

P

primeform

I have been battling the slime in my RDWC system the past couple grows.My goal in this grow is to remain slime free the entire grow and break my personal yield record of 22#. I got all the slime weapons. Hydro fungicide, zone, Physan 20, 5 gal h202, 18w UV sterilizer.

I can picture you in army fatigues with all of these weapons strapped to you going into war. Show that RDWC whos boss!

G

grinkeeper

is the northern lights possibly JORY WEEDS NL... I have some vegging now but have not bloomed them ...

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Sup brown glad to have found this gem:banana1sv6:

G

gettogro

Ok time for an update.

This grow has turned into a complete shit show, Where do I begin??

My veg room was so infected with the slime. I could no longer keep it going. I put the plants in there and 3 days later the water would get cloudy. The new root growth would turn brown and I would have to cut it off and start over. I Cleaned the whole system and tried again with the same results. Tried HF, H202, Physan, and zone with the same results. Slime was growing around the uni seals as well.

SANY00037.JPG

So I hurried up and got the plants in the flower rooms. I cleaned the shit out of the flower uc's bleach, physan exc.. got the plants in there and bam same shit in the flower rooms I tried everything I know to do. At my wits end I decided to scrap everything and start new. One of the major downfalls of my system is that I thought I was being SLICK by running the air lines inside the 3" pvc. Now I realize what a stupid Idea that was. There is no way to break the whole system down and clean it properly. All of my previous grow experience were all smash and grab grows, Buy a shitty house in the getto run Krusty buckets for 1 or 2 runs max, cash out, trash the whole system, and Fix up the house and move on. I never had to use the same system over and over in the same spot, so I really never learned the importance of sterilizing everything. Now with 5 rdwc grows under my belt I am getting the picture.

Here is a shot of the slime growing around the uni seals.

SANY00066.JPG
SANY00083.JPG

So I trashed everything amd made temporary bubble buckets for the plants while I rebuilt.

SANY00056.JPG

After reading everything I could find about the slime, brown algee, cyrobacteria whatever you want to call it. Im thinking that I am just reinfecting my system by using straight wellwater and bleach to flush it out. I did one bubble bucket with straight well water with Physan, zone, and h202 and a few days later this is what was in there...

SANY00144.JPG

The other buckets with ro were still clear.

So Here is my new and improved DIY UC's

SANY00104.JPG
SANY00124.JPG
SANY00174.JPG
SANY00183.JPG
SANY00163.JPG
SANY00214.JPG
SANY00193.JPG

Ok so now I finished 1 of the new UC'c Filled it with straight well water and about 1/2 gallon of bleach to flush out the pvc cement and plastic shavings from the system before filling it with RO. (Bad Idea I think). Cleaned it out shop vac'ed and dried it out. Filled it with RO, light nutes and Physan 3ml 10 gallons. All kinds of gunk started to bubble up and stick to the sides. In the brand new system.
SANY00273.JPG
SANY00264.JPG
SANY00411.JPG

I think that my well has the virus built in and ready to infect anything it touches. I think that some of it passes through my RO as well.

I cleaned out the gunk and dead crap from all the new tubs and It has been running clean and stable for 5 days now.

I have decided to Pre treat all of my RO water with physan and a UV sterilizer before it ever goes in my hydro setup.

Getto uv pre treater

SANY00028.JPG

On to putting the plants back into the system. I pulled all of the plants out of the netpots and cut all the roots back and dunked them in a physan solution, in a h202 solution, then repotted them in physan treated hydroton and new netpots.
I set the plants back in the flower rooms on top of the new UC's for 2 days to make sure my nute solution was stable and clean.

SANY00362.JPG
SANY00284.JPG
SANY00392.JPG

SANY00342.JPG

They have now been in their new homes for 3 days and I am waiting for some new root growth to appear any day now.

SO far this shit is going to set me back about 4 or 5 weeks, which equals out to be 1/2 a harvest lost. If I cant get this worked out soon I might be rethinking my whole setup.

G

gettogro

SANY00048.JPG

Ok my plan of attack is now to pre treat all RO water with physan 20 and a UV sterilizer before it goes into my system. Alternate days between Hydro fungicide at 3 ml/gal and H2o2 6ml/gal for the rest of the grow. If I see slime on my roots Im turning my new UC's into hempy buckets...

Any input from you guys is much appreciated...

:mad0233:

G

gettogro

My northern lights cut I got from a local dispensary about a year ago, not sure what the background is or even if it is a Nl cut at all. It was the only keeper I found from that shop...

This rdwc crap reminds me alot of my FWD drag racing experience. Work on an engine setup for 3 months go to the track, turbo fuel system shoots lean burns a piston and bends a valve and throws the timing belt. All that work in the crapper in 10 seconds. Rebuild and repeat...

G

gettogro

I have also been thinking about giving benes a try. Maybe a layer of lava rock at the bottom of all the tubs, and then adding the EWC slime eating tea as described in the IC got slime thread.

I think the lava rock in all the tubs would give it a Bio type setup in the UC.

Any thoughts on this approach.

mack 10

mack 10

Dam, you have really put some work and $ into that. Hope you get that rot sorted. Can you send a sample of your water to be tested? Good luck. mack.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Shit man. If anyone on the farm here can do it, you can. There have been some with boastful yeild claims who can't address this kind of problem effectively. Then there are opinionated others who never show their grows. You have figured out this thing before, and you can do it again. You fought the slime and won before. That and your outstanding yields prove you the dwc house champ of the farm. I think that you are onto the right path with that water pre-treatment. I'll be curious to see your progress. Not that Dizzle's hempy's would produce, but since you have kicked ass so much in DWC, it would be a shame to see you pull the plug. Although I understand making the decision to go with something less chancy. Best of luck.

-TF

S

Sixth Alchemist

sorry about your situation, wished i could help u on that part. I know nothing about hydro but what was your water temps when you ran into the sludge problem? i hope everything turns around, since you have such a clean setup.

Dollar

Dollar

Sorry Ghetto! I wish I could help. I have had only success with this system following your instructions and the only difference is that I use RO vs. well water. Is there any chance you could get RO? I have not had any rot yet and thanks to all I`ve learned from. I dont know if this helps or not but heres my setup.

Between runs:

Bleach 1 tsp per gallon to the top of brutes run 24 hours then flush
Physan 30ml total 24 hours then flush and vacuum
Flowering room fill with RO add Zone
Veg room same except no Zone

Veg:
3-part GH equal of each to 250 ppm
add equal amount of cal mag to bring ppm total to 280 ppm
Floraliciuos + 5tsp
aquashield 60 tsp
Superthrive 1 ml
roots excelerator 60ml
adjust ph to 5.8
chiller set at 66

Flower:
zone 180ml
same GH as above
same cal mag as above
superthrive 1 1/2ml total
kool bloom 10ml (be careful with this stuff in RDWC very strong, claws easy)
17% H202 add 100ml daily
adjust ph to 5.8
chiller same as above
in-line uv sterilizer setup behind recirculating pump.

In all my years of growing I have never seen healthier plants or grow faster and its thanks to your inspiration Ghetto. Hang in there, you`re gonna pull through!

IMG_05519.JPG

Dollar

FLB

FLB

sorry to hear about your misfortunes ghetto. I run a diy rdwc and used to get that same funk in the buckets until I quit running benies and got rid of the air stones. I run zone now days. From what I have researched, when you introduce that much air to the water it lets all the bacteria in your buckets/ well super thrive and mass produce. Keep your head up bro, I have been there all too many times. These systems can have big rewards and also test your sanity at times.

Dollar

Dollar

I should have said filtered tap rather than RO. I dont understand wells. I`ve never lived anywhere with wells but I would think thats the root of your problems. I read about all these folks having problems and I feel for em. I grow extra plants for each run so I can select the best and discard the rest. This last time I ran a test on the plants I was to discard to see how much Physan the plants would take until they died. Started with 2ml per 40 gallons 12 hours, emptied and shop vac`d. The roots never changed and the plants looked fine, like I never did anything. Waited a week, next 4ml per 40 gallons run for 12 hours, emptied and shop vac`d. The plants roots were brown and they did nothing for 7 days. 8th day and new white roots started poking out of brown roots. Waited another week, I tried the same as above but put in 6ml physan per 40 gallons. 3 days and the plants were gone.

Top Bottom