Gh 3 Part Coco And Plants Dying Wtf.... Please Help..

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Humboldt.Rio
So I started at the 1st page of your thread and read through to the last #120,
IMHO You are getting Great advice from @justiceman
I LOVE CoCo
I have only ever used CoCo
1/2 gl to 3 gl soft pots at 15% run off all my coco is 100% coco I put a layer of expanded clay pellets (Hydroton) on the bottom each pot 1 1/2 to 2 inch.
The watering / nutes were an issue at the start but now I follow the rule WET w/Oxygen
NOTE: But you have to have a root mass as well
I also mix my water and fertilizer in a 10 gallon Tank (I use Jacks 5-12-26 and Nitrogen as well as M.O.S.T.)
but thats a whole separate story.
I found this to work for ME>
I make a 0ne gallon mix at 100% strength Then add one more gallon of water to have 50% and then add 2 more gallons to have 25%.
And I feed once a day with the 25% 3 weeks,
Then I feed twice a day with the 50% to the flip
Then twice a day with the 75-100 to the last 2 weeks then water Only
For me this has been the staple of the House of J and I have had Calcium and other issues but as long as
I have a good root mass started in the coco and follow steady, it works out.
Keep at it and sendin ya Green Grow Vibes
FlyJ

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

That's basically what I have been doing. I mix 25 liters of 6/9 100% strength and then dilute to .8 ec with water

I haven't watered them today. It's the first day in 3 weeks

But it's just like the salt stays in the 2 liter.

Burning them again

I don't get it

I have runoff every day as well. At least 20%

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

OK so I am OCD like a Mthfxr so I spent the last hour looking up a few things,
Did anyone ask or suggest a Root infestation or Issue in the coco itself?
1. the leaves indicate a upper growth issue
2. not every leave has a tip issue
3. the curling issue on some curl up and the lower appear to curl down is IMHO two or more separate problems.
@Humboldt.Rio
can you get a few more images or the newest leaves
as well as the close up of the coco IF you can break out a magnifying glass and take a close look.
Just try-in to help Out
+Vibes FlyJ

Enforcer

Enforcer

That's basically what I have been doing. I mix 25 liters of 6/9 100% strength and then dilute to .8 ec with water

I haven't watered them today. It's the first day in 3 weeks

But it's just like the salt stays in the 2 liter.

Burning them again

I don't get it

I have runoff every day as well. At least 20%

You probaby need to water more than once a day by now. Hard to tell without current plant size pics.

You have been given the right info by a few of us here that grow in coco and have posted the pics to prove what we are saying works. Again, stay the course. If you go back to letting them dry out, you might as well start over now in a different medium and save yourself some time, nutes, and frustration.

Good luck

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

OK so I am OCD like a Mthfxr so I spent the last hour looking up a few things,
Did anyone ask or suggest a Root infestation or Issue in the coco itself?
1. the leaves indicate a upper growth issue
2. not every leave has a tip issue
3. the curling issue on some curl up and the lower appear to curl down is IMHO two or more separate problems.
@Humboldt.Rio
can you get a few more images or the newest leaves
as well as the close up of the coco IF you can break out a magnifying glass and take a close look.
Just try-in to help Out
+Vibes FlyJ

I thought about a bacteria or something in the Coco. But it smells fine. I don't have a microscope. But I attached some new pictures.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Thanks everyone for chipping in.

I really really am not sure what to do. If I lost this ok. But I wanted to learn how to multifeed.

Now what I go back to treating Coco like dirt and letting it dry out before watering?

My yields sucked. But it worked.

I am loosing my confidence to continue at this point and am thinking to just take clones and start again.

But then what? Here where I am I have access to dirt which sucks. Coco or sunshine mix.

I would rather use Coco but fuck.. what is watering everyday once a day with pH 5.9 to 6 with an ec of .8 not working..

I truly don't understand.

Would it matter it might not be pure Coco?

It might have peat moss.. I don't think it does.

IMG 20180622 200041
IMG 20180622 200002
IMG 20180622 195954
IMG 20180622 195939
IMG 20180622 195826
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

All the new burned leaves are from yesterday to today. Bc the day before I picked all the leaves that were still bad

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

If it were a problem with the Coco. How could I treat it? I only have florakleen that I can buy. But I tried that and it did help them recover but..

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

So I had to make a decision yesterday. I've been vegging these two months now. What do they call it in business? The cut ur loses.

I'm gonna take as many clones as I can.

But I still want to know what is going on bc I'm going to stick with Coco and attempt multifeeding again.

I realized doing this that there is alot of debate on the wet/dry cycles per day. Where I live no one believes it can be done. My friends here think it's bc of the Coco we have access to. But I don't believe that. I think it's the best we can get.

But having run Coco in the wet/dry cycles for years. This is proving difficult to overcome.

So I did a test just bc I had to know.

Slowly watered one of the better plants. pH 5.9 ec 1.6 ppm 780 coming out of the 2 liter first drops of runoff.

In three weeks veg using .8 it climbed buy half.

That's ok, right? Or is it still high? What would I do at that point if during a normal run with healthy plants would I do?

Next water of like .5 and kinda flush it?

Or just stay the path. Reading her needs. And not bother with the readings.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Ok, if you’re going to start over in coco here’s what I do.

Make sure the coco is thoroughly rinsed. I do that by filling up a tub of water, add coco, as I stir I see the foam of sea salt being washed away. Then I strain it with an old 12” fan guard I took off of an oscillating fan. After about three good washes it’s good to go. I usually add .4 EC of calmag to the last wash.

Then I will feed everyday from the point I put rooted clones into the coco. The first week they don’t need a lot. This is the only time you don’t want runoff. Just enough to moisten the coco around the plant. I use this same procedure with seedlings. I feed very light at first. About .4-.5 EC. Always always always at least once a day. When the roots hit the bottom of the pot, I start twice a day feedings. When they go into the flower tent I start 3 then 4 times a day feedings. As they grow I up the EC and amount of feedings.

Coco is hydro. So the more oxygen enriched, nutrient solution you can give them the better. You just need to develop the feel for how much, how often.

These are on day 21 of flower. Doing exactly what I just described above. 3x3 tent, 3 gal pots.

19300125 9205 4295 A2CF A3DEDEDC3C1C
2F1E45F7 9DC6 440B 8EBD A70313F12C06
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Ok, if you’re going to start over in coco here’s what I do.

Make sure the coco is thoroughly rinsed. I do that by filling up a tub of water, add coco, as I stir I see the foam of sea salt being washed away. Then I strain it with an old 12” fan guard I took off of an oscillating fan. After about three good washes it’s good to go. I usually add .4 EC of calmag to the last wash.

Then I will feed everyday from the point I put rooted clones into the coco. The first week they don’t need a lot. This is the only time you don’t want runoff. Just enough to moisten the coco around the plant. I use this same procedure with seedlings. I feed very light at first. About .4-.5 EC. Always always always at least once a day. When the roots hit the bottom of the pot, I start twice a day feedings. When they go into the flower tent I start 3 then 4 times a day feedings. As they grow I up the EC and amount of feedings.

Coco is hydro. So the more oxygen enriched, nutrient solution you can give them the better. You just need to develop the feel for how much, how often.

These are on day 21 of flower. Doing exactly what I just described above. 3x3 tent, 3 gal pots.
cheers enforcer

when i was digging throught the coco. i saw one white bug run away.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Sorry. Might have posted acouple twice. I'm tripping out a little this morning.

That's 2 months veg.

One month fucking up the feeding schedule and one week of flushing and 3 weeks everyday 6/9 at .8

Sad isn't it...

Enforcer

Enforcer

It looks like a learning experience to me. I’ve messed up a crop too. You definitely have root problems. I don’t think you’ll be able to flower those. If you can get cuts going I would recommend doing it quickly.

Are you letting them sit in the runoff?

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

It looks like a learning experience to me. I’ve messed up a crop too. You definitely have root problems. I don’t think you’ll be able to flower those. If you can get cuts going I would recommend doing it quickly.

Are you letting them sit in the runoff?
No. They drain off to a tray over a pot with the 2 liter suspended up.

Never in the runoff. I had pure Coco. With a layer at the bottom of perilite.

All the flushing brought it to the top.

Doing clones today

Top Bottom