Gh 3 Part Coco And Plants Dying Wtf.... Please Help..

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

why is it wet at the bottom? if you got it draining into what the pots sitting in, raise em up....hydroton...a brick watever.

dont worry man its not easy for me either. 5-6hour round trip to get my coco. come home with 400L tho
I always have them up on a plastic container. Then it drains into another plastic container. Then I turkey baster out.

I don't know it just always seems if I water. And let it run off. If it just sits water accumulates at the bottom.

Because

If I pick the pot up after 10 minutes and tilt it to the side water comes out. Maybe it's still draining through and out the wholesale in the bottom

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

While I got u.

I did my key for pH and ec with ro water and with tap filtered water. One gallon each and 6/9

But my brain still doesn't see how to use it.

For example

If I'm going to do a Rez of 20 liters like 5 gallons

And I want the ec .5 with a pH of 5.8

How do I use the key to compute the info?

bicky studs

bicky studs

While I got u.

I did my key for pH and ec with ro water and with tap filtered water. One gallon each and 6/9

But my brain still doesn't see how to use it.

For example

If I'm going to do a Rez of 20 liters like 5 gallons

And I want the ec .5 with a pH of 5.8

How do I use the key to compute the info?
so you know ur ph/ec from ro/tap mix. adding 6ml u know how much it changes ur ph/ec, the same with the 9ml and all other additives...... now u can mix 5 gallons to ur target ec. then ph it. simple

if u are mixing it like that and the mix is too strong... u said something about mixing then diluting down to required ec.... just use less, just keep ur ratios.
6/9 per gal u can use 2/3....4/6

justiceman

justiceman

Man..

It made me feel like I had had no idea what I was doing.

Now I will have to become a Coco expert.

It's been a rough ride with that previous "coco". It sucks man I know. Although still learning I feel that you've had a decent grasp on what to do through this. It's just that you were following coco protocol with a medium that doesn't work well with that style, and it's caused an air of doubt within you. You know what to do now and the new coco looks much better. Just gotta believe and follow through. We all thought the first medium was quality coco until the pictures surfaced :drunk2:

Just remember the beauty and simplicity of 6/9. If you are making 5gal but you want the strength to be lower just omit a portion of the nutrients like so:

*5gal reservoir*
100% = 5gal 6/9
80% = 4gal 6/9 +1 gal water
60% = 3 gal 6/9 + 2 gal water
40% = 2 gal 6/9 + 3 gal water
20% = 1 gal 6/9 + 4gal water

You can always add water to the reservoir if the strength is too high.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

It's been a rough ride with that previous "coco". It sucks man I know. Although still learning I feel that you've had a decent grasp on what to do through this. It's just that you were following coco protocol with a medium that doesn't work well with that style, and it's caused an air of doubt within you. You know what to do now and the new coco looks much better. Just gotta believe and follow through. We all thought the first medium was quality coco until the pictures surfaced :drunk2:

Just remember the beauty and simplicity of 6/9. If you are making 5gal but you want the strength to be lower just omit a portion of the nutrients like so:

*5gal reservoir*
100% = 5gal 6/9
80% = 4gal 6/9 +1 gal water
60% = 3 gal 6/9 + 2 gal water
40% = 2 gal 6/9 + 3 gal water
20% = 1 gal 6/9 + 4gal water

You can always add water to the reservoir if the strength is too high.
Yup..

Should have asked about that first instead of everything thing else I didn't know about multifeeding.

That's the problem when u change too much to quick.

Bro I appreciate all ur help. I screen shot ur way of mixing 6/9

That makes sence.

I really appreciate all of u taking ur time to help.

Just know it's greatly appreciated

Now I have a fire inside to get roots like hippy and grow some freaking dank.

One of the parts I'm really interested in is the fade at the end.

Never really did that.

Just flushed well at the end and chop chop

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

What I see with this Coco. Is it kinda weird. I'm not sure how well it's draining.

I think it kinda holding on to water.

For example

When I water in the morning. These last two days are an exemption bc I watered more run off than normal. Just to clean anything else in it out. And just get fresh GH.

So when I water in one liter pot I feel like I go slow enough to get a good even saturation. And the runoff is good. It's not like it's running fast or slow. It's retaining.

So I move on to the next plant while it sits and drains. When I come back after 5 minutes I feel like I can shake water out. Like tilt it to the side and more water comes out.

That's why I said earlier that a layer of hydroton would be good. Bc it just seems like theirs water in the bottom.

I already cut two new holes in the one liters.

It is literally like a sponge though. I wrung it out like a towel. Literally one of them just to see. If it would sponge back or stay.

I say... Kinda 50/50

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

IMG 20180626 195221

justiceman

justiceman

Keep riding it out and see how this stuff preforms. Sounds like it's fine, and it's going to hold onto some water. If you tilt a sponge or press into it at full saturation water comes out.

Some containers pool a slight amount of water at the bottom depending on where they dip down and where the drain holes are placed. Not much to worry about when renewing oxygen levels regularly and even less to worry about as the root system gets more established.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Man this thread should be a sticky! The Info in here is phenomenal!
I don’t do coco but if I did, this is the thread I would go to.

So what I learned; treat it like hydro, keep ppm linear, keep ph down, keep media wet.
And take shit tons of notes as you go, and don’t panic!
Cheers community! Lots of knowledge shared and loved that y’all took time to explain and work through a fellow growers woes! See this is the difference between other forums and here, here we don’t judge and don’t just tell ppl to figure it out, here we teach and have patience.
Props to all. Like I said this deserves to be a sticky thread

Last edited:
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah jack og

It helps when u have a quality coco as well.

I love Coco! Despite the problems!

But it seems when u get it dialed. Nothing beats it.

Thc farmer is the shit! There are so many forums to choose from, but the people here are amazing. True love for the plant and the patience to help.

Truly truly appreciate. I will always in part of this experience pass my knowledge on.

Yeah bicky studs!! They are cruising now. I love that everyday I see them now there is new growth.

I have to say again 6/9 is truly the shit. The simplicity is amazing...

Top Bottom