GH Flora + R/O Water = Calcium def?

• Thread starter 3d3n
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

3d3n

High

Just recently started using GH Flora and for the first time ever i'm seeing a calcium def with my plants after 4 or 5 weeks into 12/12.

I do have R/O water and for years used Bio Bizz grow & Bloom. They needed one tsp/gal of epsom salt for a mag def.

With the Flora series i've been using for 4 months i used only the 3 part flora with Advanced Hydro Root stimulator and no epsom salt.

They could be lacking from mag as well but the signs are not as prominent as the Calcium def.

I've started to add Epsom salt 1/2 tsp/gal and a mono cal from Canna at 1ml/1 litre and might drop the Flora Grow and only use Bloom & Micro once the grow is used up.

I worry about adding too much cal/mag and creating a lockout that i might not spot for a while.

Has anybody else dealt with these def using GH Flora?

3d3n

Whats up nobody here seeing a cal def with GH Flora???

Hummm...ok

B

boroboro

What's your growing medium / style? I saw the same symptoms at the same point in my first coco grow. I thought my well water had enough cal and mag, but maybe it didn't, or maybe not in the right ratios.

What worked for me, and seems to be working in my current crop, was to switch to cleaner water from a better well, add 5ml/gal of cal-mag for the first few weeks, and then occasional small doses of cal-mag after that. I also started using one feed of plain ph'd water for every 5 or so feeds with light nutes.

I was also running GH flora nutes, 6ml Micro and 9 ml Bloom per gallon.

3d3n

Thanks boroboro & Garden of Dreams:RastaBong:

Gonna pick up some Cal/Mag plus as soon as i can find some, the local gro shops are crap it almost looks like they just buy whetever they can get their hands on Cheap, never paying any attn. to providing products that work and the growers will need:swear

Thanks again

Respekt

Edit: boroboro i use a soil/perlite mix 65/35 the reason i didn't go into it futher was after 5 daze of using epsom salt and cal. the symptoms have stopped:fixed:

Thought you might like to know

Thanks Again

Top Bottom