GH Rapid Start?

• Thread starter chaosinc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chaosinc

chaosinc

Anybody tried the Rapid Start from GH yet? I know everybody lives, swears, and dies by H&G Roots Excelurator but I am sworn to GH and was wondering if anybody has had any luck with it.

Thanks,
Sticky One...

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i have it worked as well to me imho as re and i was a die hard re fan. this time i'm using voodoo juice because it was free (as was rapid start) my local shop keeps giving me samples.

chaosinc

chaosinc

What stage, or stages did you use it in? I am under the impression that it can be used from cloning through flowering. Curious if I will see quicker rooting times in my clone box and quicker more productive veg?

U

UCtheOceanState

voodoo works good, i was hardcore with roots excell. too, i run UC so i like a nice clear rez, i dont do anything dark in the UC, i swapped the roots out for voodoo and i havent returned since, i have evern ran str8 up voodo in the coloner too with nothing else and have gotten roots in 9 days

green punk

green punk

I have run all three(rapid start, roots excel, and super thrive) in my cloner and super thrive did as well if not better.

When you look at the price and marketing involved with these products its silly. I have been in this game for a bit and 15 years ago the whole bigger better roots thing was not even a topic. That being said, GH is in it for the money because they see yall buying RE. Thats it. If you will buy it they will sell it.
Try some Super thrive. Stuffs time less and cheap. It works.

D

Donkdbz

I for one will not go back to Roots Excel after trying Rapid Start for a couple reasons

1-price....rapid start comes in $40 bottles(15.4cents per ml) which costs almost the same per ml vs there $75 bottles(15cents per ml)
Roots excel price points are $77 bottle(30.8cents per ml) or $127(25.4cents per ml)

2-Roots excel changed there formula.
My old bottle lists 1.3% NH4
New Formula 0.1%N03 and 0.1%NH4

Looks like some AN bullshit too me.

3-Worked just as good in my side by side.

altimood

altimood

I also went from roots excel to rapid start. I use it through week 1 of flower. I won't be going back to roots excel. Cheers.

chaosinc

chaosinc

Thanks for the input. Have you guys tried it in your clone box? I have a 60 site and was curious if it will help in that and what amount to add? I just saw a newer feed schedule from GH and they show it being used through all weeks of flower any particular reason you stop after week 1?

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

What ml/gallon are you guyys feeding the stuff in youur mediums? I have noticed that 1 ml per gallon in coco gives questionable results where as 2 ml per gallon it is hard to deny the stuff works.

mango420

mango420

I would be carefull using rapid start in your cloner. I have used rhizotonic in my cloner for a while and it works amazing, always 100% and never any stem rot. I have my clones in my cloner for 3 weeks plus at 80f and never any rot or brown slime. So i decided to try rapid start once instead as its half the price. I used it once in my cloner and wont be using it again. After 4 days in the cloner I lost 4-5 clones to mushy stems. When they did start rooting i started seeing brown slime on the roots. Only after adding rhizo did the slime stop progressing and the new roots popping where white. I will never be using rapid start again.

chaosinc

chaosinc

I think I'm gonna have to give it a go for veg, and flower. I'm still a little unsure about my clone box until I get a little more info.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

From what I have heard from a few people, GH reverse engineered RE. So they are pretty much the same from what I hear. I made the switch because I am getting tighter on my budget with things.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

i'm very interested in picking this product up for cloning and transplanting... best value in the class of other rooting tonics.... as well as Superthrive. I figure i will add Superthrive at 50% and Rapid Start in an Aero Cloning run...

i wonder if H202 will interact with Rapid Start and Superthrive... my instinct is yes since they are not living or enzymatic...

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

re and rs are both great for root hairs. i got a sample of rootbastic and got giant thick feeder roots, but no root hairs. i only use a .3 ml per gallon and you only use it a few times in veg. directions say to cut your feeding back to get the full effect. i combined it with the last of my re and a sample of rs, so a little overkill maybe. my 3 gallon pots are solid root plugs though, so mission accomplished.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

My hydro shop ran a side by side of RE and RS in a aerocloner and we agreed the RE had slightly better roots. RE exploded more outward and were thicker. The RS had more roots that were thinner. But the results were really close. This makes me beleive that RS and RE are close but are'nt the same product.

But from my experience the RS in my cloner a few times and the roots got brown and slightly slimey, so Im not a huge fan of RS in the cloner.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

My hydro shop ran a side by side of RE and RS in a aerocloner and we agreed the RE had slightly better roots. RE exploded more outward and were thicker. The RS had more roots that were thinner. But the results were really close. This makes me beleive that RS and RE are close but are'nt the same product.

But from my experience the RS in my cloner a few times and the roots got brown and slightly slimey, so Im not a huge fan of RS in the cloner.

I agree. For some reason Rapid Start sucks for the cloner. RE = much better in the cloner. For veg and early flower i see no difference however.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Rapid starts the shit
Price, quality results are all better than re if not the same IMO
I don't think there in completely for the money, I heard it took em 3 years to Perfect it
And there almost half the price of re At that

Talk about sweeping the market tho
Good to hear ppl diggin the rapid start

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

i'm very interested in picking this product up for cloning and transplanting... best value in the class of other rooting tonics.... as well as Superthrive. I figure i will add Superthrive at 50% and Rapid Start in an Aero Cloning run...

i wonder if H202 will interact with Rapid Start and Superthrive... my instinct is yes since they are not living or enzymatic...

I have heard that it is living and GH had it under a microscope at a trade show to prove it so I wouldn't use the h202 untill you are happy with your root mass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lby0y2wr0KI

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

^i read the label, and it doesn't list anything living....

unless it's not listed not he label....

phenotyper

phenotyper

I really dig the rapid start compared to RE. Same results, lower price. I like using it at the 2.5ml/gal dosage.

Top Bottom