GH water farm 8 pack questions

• Thread starter 4eyedbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4eyedbud

4eyedbud

About to start a new set of plants in a general hydroponics water farm 8 pack set up and have a couple questions.

1 setting it up in a 4x8 grow tent and just curious if this is going to be a pain in the butt being in a tent or not?

2 when the clones start getting larger and need to be trimmed how should I go about it? Remove the inner bucket that holds the plant and medium to an easier location to defoliate? Could this possibly expose the roots to light? Have been using canvas bag potso it was pretty easy to take the plant to a different location to trim.

3 should I stick with just one strain at a time or would it be okay to grow multiple strains? I.E 2 plants of 4 different strains.

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks and happy 4th weekend!!

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Running all 8 WFs might be a little difficult for a first time hydro grow.. The 8bucket system does circulate the entire 8 buckets, but is really slow.. The pumping column in the reservoir only moves about 5 gal. an hour.. You would be better off first time with 2 or 3 buckets with a scrog screen for each plant... There is a simple tech. for that.. It's not just about growing a plant through a screen.. I could help you get the results I got with those two plants.. The reason they are so different is because they are 2 different strains... Not because of the way they were trained.. They were started at the same time, from seed, scrogged the same way.. That would allow you to use an empty bucket to place a plant in for trimming... This is a pic of two plants in WFs with a shared reservoir.. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/deep-water-culture.93398/page-3#post-2082531 If you goggle Mixed hydro Water culture , you can that thread.. I have done some slight modifications to my WFs.. The only nute I used was GH Flora Nova Bloom..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I would not run multiple strains in a recirculating hydroponic system, it just seems like the possibility for problems would increase.

Top Bottom