GH waterfarm the good the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter Rdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rdub

Rdub

What’s up farmers? I’m wondering what experiences any of you have had with the GH Waterfarms? The price for 8 sites is unbeatable. Seems like it could be good for 8 autos in a 5x5 space. So let me hear it are they cheesy and janky or are they a solid pick for intro in hydro? I’m gonna be retiring the Autopots after my current run. they don’t seem to work well and are impossible to flush if problems arise. My experience has been less than stellar

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

The thread title is the definition of what WFs are.. No matter what media you grow in, it all depends on the farmer and his experience.. Some WFers get in right the first time around, for others like myself, a few times..
The 8 WF setup, even with the GH reservoir setup, has enough drawbacks to be considered ugly.. The GH remote reservoir can only move about 5 gal an hour with the recirculating option,.. There's twenty gal of water in 8 combined WFs.. To make it better you need to move more water per hour.. . A submersible pump will add heat.. I have a mod that uses the existing dripring in each WF to move water from the reservoir and won' add heat. .. Google; Mixed Hydro - Water Culture - Coco/Perlite .. . Read it, If you're still interested, we can take it from there.. If not I wish you the best of luck..

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
They work but most of the time you end up modding them with bigger lines and bigger pumps. After all that might as well build something. If you are looking for a once and done ez setup yeah they work fine and grow plants. Back when I was first starting out I ran WF's with hydroton. They did fine.

Rdub

Rdub

So this is kind of what I was expecting. It seems with all these different “complete” set ups lots of modifications need to be made for it to work like it should. I’m pretty handy. I may just build a drip system or an RDWC

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
So this is kind of what I was expecting. It seems with all these different “complete” set ups lots of modifications need to be made for it to work like it should. I’m pretty handy. I may just build a drip system or an RDWC

Don't get me wrong they work right out of the box. The mods are more of a preventive for better growing conditions or to help with problems that can pop up in the stock system. By all means you can take them out of the box and throw plants in them and get really good harvests. Usually the way of DWC is a tinkerers kind of mind set and it wont be long till you get bitten by the bigger and better bug.

Top Bottom