Ghetto Grown

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Hi boys and girls! This is my second grow and first log. Last year was a success and i hope a valuable part of that was finding THCF.
Started six bag seeds on Valentines Day in mg seed starting potting mix, four inch plastic pots, one seed, water then dark closet for three days. Six beans, six sprouts. Hit up Lowe’sfor a new 48” flourescent and am considering led’s but had sylvania cool white 40w tubes on hand. 7:30am to 1:30am, bottled spring water only, when dry and light to the hand.
C’mon good buddies!

Ghetto grown
Ghetto grown 2
Madbud

Madbud

First, any opinions on when to top? Last year i mainly fimmed but am open to suggestions.

Madbud

Madbud

Working out a watering schedule based loosely on weight. Pot of soil weighs 150g, soaked to last over a week (oops) 250g. Would like to settle on a wednesday is water day schedule with some consideration for plant size with a range from 160 dry-225 watered. Adding a cap of unsulfured blackstrap biweekly. These two were “seed section”, had to help the husk off, small dicots but hey, all lives matter!

Madbud

Madbud

Playing around with the watering schedule by weight still, the girls are @10g lighter each day in a basement environment of 65F and 50% rh. Getting nice branching already and reconsidering topping or fim, knowing they’ll be supercropped later.

Madbud

Madbud

Working out a watering schedule based loosely on weight. Pot of soil weighs 150g, soaked to last over a week (oops) 250g. Would like to settle on a wednesday is water day schedule with some consideration for plant size with a range from 160 dry-225 watered. Adding a cap of unsulfured blackstrap biweekly. These two were “seed section”, had to help the husk off, small dicots but hey, all lives matter!
Thats a cap of molasses to a 16.9 oz bottle of spring water, shaken not stirred.

Madbud

Madbud

The purpose of this grow diary is to encourage first time growers with just average household items, like a 48” shop light and a bag of potting soil. This is my second year starting seeds in the basement, then transplanting outdoors when it warms up. It’s legal, productive and the results with fresh bag seeds is simply amazing. Down the road, maybe invest in seeds and an indoor grow, wife permitting.

Madbud

Madbud

After the fourth or fifth set of leaves is what i was thinking. Top 2, fim 2 and leave 2 alone. Maybe next week. Figuring the bottom branches, which are already showing, may be some clone attempts later.
I topped with the plant had 4 nobes still a small plant and not my ladies are massive haha

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Air circulation is so important and probably determines stretch at this stage. I use an indirect breeze from an old aircleaner, a humidifier fan would work too. More breeze, less height but a stronger stalk is what i’m seeing, but it drys the soil more quickly. Evaporation would save an overwatered plant too.

Madbud

Madbud

YIELD: just unsealed last years 20 pound concrete buckets, no critters and loaded with root hairs begging for a bigger container but for 100-150 grams of bud on a 30-40” plant, these are fine. Easy to maintain, portable and resealable if you save lids. Thats over 600 grams of nuggets and a bag of trimmings to play with, free!

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Transplant day, leaving town for a week so i figured these pots are drying up too quickly to risk losing them, easily taking 10g (ml) of water/day at this early stage. Using last years mg potting soil which still has some of those little time release beads in it, but its whats on hand. (I don’t recommend mg potting soil because it has nitrogen which released later in the flower cycle last year, but should be nearly depleted by now.) My containers have a layer of crush stone, layer of garden fabric, another layer of crush stone and a 1/4” hole in the bottom. Easy drainage and flushing later. Made an imprint in the soil with the pot, cut off the bottom half and viola:

7EA8DE11 D320 4082 BF44 B8A4F648052A
59380A7F A793 4255 AB39 F61B62BA5F93
15F176FA D889 4BCF 9E23 C7C6AF4BDD1C
Last edited:
E

escalente

I am proud of your grow; the decency is nice for this plants to breathe well and yield nice in due time

Madbud

Madbud

We’re gonna need a bigger boat:
After transplanting to larger containers, i decided to invest some real money into this and hit up Lowes for another 48” shoplight and the guy pointed out some led’s 4/$10. The light was 13 and featured a three prong plug. Ouch
Three on left are under led, three on right still have flourescent. If the difference is significant in three days they get led too, or vice versa:

8632DCE1 D9CE 4025 935D 3E94EAF7871E
14343AA6 3750 431B AB56 FBCC6010019A
Madbud

Madbud

So the led’s peak at around 35 foot candles at close range with the slotted hood closed on this antique meter, coolwhite flourescents peak @20. Slanting lights to figure optimal distance from lights to plant, 6-15”. Watering til they squirt, getting ready for a week away. Salvaged an old humidifier for a fan, running 24/7 and its reservoir to hold municipal tap water. 18/6 light. Also misting with water sporadically. That is all

88046F1A 3814 4E47 ACB4 E217CAA7C92D
F3248856 C1B3 4CF3 9CC9 6D7E5F2909B0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom