Ghost Pepper(Bhut Jolokia) + Chocolate Habenero(Congo Black)

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frogeye

If you want a good place i was just sent this in an email its called www.reimerseeds.com they have a shyt load of different kinds.Broken down by location,color,heat etc..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol

I was like wtf? I never heard of those strains before!

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

These are the first to fruit of my peppers. Must be those purps genes. Wish I had some ghost peppers this year. They make great ceviche, even though they'll burn your asshole out the next day.

IMG 3720

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking lovely..

I have luckly been harvesting different chillis daily... but by far the most flavorsome have been the purple jalepenos.... man they are good.. The Joe E Parkers are pretty tasty also...

Had my first dorset naga / jolokai yesterday and I am regreting that today... haha.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys,

Thought you lot may like to see how my greenhouses of chillis and peppers are coming along.

I took some finished pods and a few plants to a local food fest the other day and sold the lot. Happy times.

greenhouse080810_1_Custom_.jpg

greenhouse080810_2_Custom_.jpg

greenhouse080810_3_Custom_.jpg

Dorset Naga / Jolokai

dorsetnaga-jolokai080810_1_Custom_.jpg

dorsetnaga-jolokai080810_2_Custom_.jpg

dorsetnaga-jolokai080810_3_Custom_.jpg

dorsetnaga-jolokai080810_4_Custom_.jpg

Ghost Naga

ghostnaga080810_1_Custom_.jpg

Joe E Parker

joeeparker080810_1_Custom_.jpg

Twillight and Bulgarian Carrot
numextwillight080810_1_Custom_.jpg

Cheyenne

cheyenne080810_2_Custom_.jpg

Pimiento Del Padron

padrons080810_3_Custom_.jpg

Poblano

poblano080810_2_Custom_.jpg

Sweet Bananna

sweetban080810_1_Custom_.jpg

Sweet Mohawk

sweetmohawk080810_1_Custom_.jpg

Thai Dragon

thaidragon080810_1_Custom_.jpg

White Habanero

whitehab080810_1_Custom_.jpg

Purple Jalepeno

purplejal080810_Custom_.jpg

Plenty more shots in my album. Dont mean to hijack - if you want me to remove just ask, I will not be offended.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Herbalizor..those peppers look amazing! Wish I had a nice greenhouse like that for my vegetables.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
lol no i actually want you to post more pics. this is my 1st time and i haven't really been ontop of tha garden like i should. im gonna get some pics of my ghost this week. they haven't started showing flowers yet or peppers i put the seeds in dirt on may 25th. is it the length of time or the time of year for these? my scotch bonnets have peppers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All I can think of right now, herbalizor, is, "Oh my, his nails are cleaner than mine!" <embarrassment>

Kid, flowers first, peppers after. My favorite is when the flowers end up staying on the peppers like little ballerina skirts. You put seeds to dirt a bit late I think.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah i think so too. will they still bloom maybe i can pick some early?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So far we haven't grown a pepper that doesn't bloom throughout the season and produce peppers continually. You're going to have to pick 'em sooner or later!

Remember, many flowering plants like to have flowers/fruits removed, it induces them to produce more. :)

R

Rabbit04

Nice plants! I love hot peppers myself. I've never grown bhut jalokia's, but I've grown the Naga Morich before. EXTREME heat and a green apple fruity taste. I'd have to say that my absolute favorite is the Fatali though. I've got a huge garden as well. Corn, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, ect. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My husband just pulled in the first jolokias, habaneros, and mature jalapenos of the season. Also, it took some real heat to get the Sungold tomatoes sweet, they've been quite tart thus far, not so enjoyable.

Also pulled a coupla Romas, but I think he was too quick on the draw, shoulda left 'em on the plant for more ripening time.

I forgot to mention that my ornamental Black Pearls, which I situated on the south side of a maturing incense cedar (native to the area, and boy do they emit a lot of scent when it's hot) have actually set small fruits, that, when 'green' do indeed look a bit like a large, black pearl. Kind of purple-y, but then they turn red. I have no idea what their flavor will be like.

O

Oregonic

Just made my order through pepper joes, only rockin the Italian roaster and jalapenos and a couple of purple bell peppers, gonna have some heat coming in this winter!

Some of those pepper plants are fucking beautiful!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
I started some birds eye chillies this year from an old chilli that i let dry-out. Got loads of seedlings but alas I think i started them too late and there not getting enough sunlight :(.. When I get a garden things will be better :)

Big-up to all the chilli growers!!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I gotta stop putting nagas in with my eggs. They keep ruining my day.... takes me a good hour to recover from eating a whole one.. THink I may just keep to the habs from now on unless I want a stomach ulcer.

Ill put some shots up in a bit of todays wee harvest....

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I gotta stop putting nagas in with my eggs. They keep ruining my day.... takes me a good hour to recover from eating a whole one.. THink I may just keep to the habs from now on unless I want a stomach ulcer.

Ill put some shots up in a bit of todays wee harvest....

in china they actually give capsicum as a remedy for stomach ulcers herb. on the bottom is a link for the info on stomach ulcers.
http://ushotstuff.com/medical.htm

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My stepson keeps looking at the jolokias, saying, "I don't know if I have the nerve." I told him, "Just cut off a tiny little piece and do it!" So far, no go.

Jolokia with eggs, though? He loves linquica, is always eating it, I betcha eggs + linguica (or chorizo) + jolokia = morning fireworks and a helluva show.

W

Wakeslayer

Hi All

I discovered this site when looking for info on my Ghost Pepper plant a couple months ago.
Thought I would share a couple pics of my plant. I got it at the nursery this spring for fun. I live west of Minneapolis about 60 miles. We are expecting our first frost tonight, so I will be covering them up, and then we look good for 10-12 more days. I hope to get most of them red and be able to harvest before that. We also have a thai, a jalapeno, and a pablano that are doing well.

Let me know what you think!

Ghosts 01Oct10    001

Ghosts 01Oct10    003

Ghosts 01Oct10    004

S

starzandskarz

my huuuge habanero plant....this thing is almost 3 feet tall and has thousands of blossoms on it just picked all the orange ones off of it but i will try to get a shot with fruit on it once more ripen up. planted in roots organics soil and used great white and fox farms organic nutes

101 1505
Top Bottom